Jay Henderson

I'm starting to get a bit concerned with the amount of potential exits and this is an odd one for me. As well as we are doing I have always thought Jay could have offered a bit of a change in some games that we needed to do something different.

Hopefully long term it will help develop his game.

If Baccus and Erahon leave I think we will be looking light as a squad.

6 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I'm starting to get a bit concerned with the amount of potential exits and this is an odd one for me. As well as we are doing I have always thought Jay could have offered a bit of a change in some games that we needed to do something different.

Hopefully long term it will help develop his game.

If Baccus and Erhahon leave I think we will be looking light as a squad.

I'd be concerned if we weren't doing so well on the park.

If Baccus & Erhahon leave we should have funds to replace them.

As for Henderson, I happen to believe he has something to offer but, for whatever reason, never seems to get much game time. 

4 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Think Jay is much better than this..

Only just seen this! 

I rate Henderson, but if the gaffer's not going to play him, he's better off at ICT if they will, plus they will be paying at least a percentage of his wages. Presumably we can recall him if needs be? I will now be keeping an eye on them.

Only just seen this! 
I rate Henderson, but if the gaffer's not going to play him, he's better off at ICT if they will, plus they will be paying at least a percentage of his wages. Presumably we can recall him if needs be? I will now be keeping an eye on them.
He is someone that can play and excite the fans. It's trying to fit him into the system/ formation of SR's that is his..........

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I thought Jay performed pretty well on the occasions when he got on the pitch with the first team. Has been used as a sub quite a few times and brought energy and pace to the team. I've wondered why SR hasn't put him on so much this season, but given our current league position, I have to concede that the Boss seems to know what he's doing.

Good luck to Jay. Hope he comes back ready to energise the first team again.

Jay is a winger. We play with wing backs. Unless we change the formation I don't see how he can fit in. His last appearance I think was up in Perth where he was roasted defensively. Good player in the right team or we play him as a striker but we already have loads of these in the squad and two on loan. For now I don't see him getting a game for us. Maybe in the future. Best for him to get game time elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Jay is a winger. We play with wing backs. Unless we change the formation I don't see how he can fit in. His last appearance I think was up in Perth where he was roasted defensively. Good player in the right team or we play him as a striker but we already have loads of these in the squad and two on loan. For now I don't see him getting a game for us. Maybe in the future. Best for him to get game time elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Potentially I can see him take over from Ryan Strain.  I would be disappointed if we don't make an effort to keep him at the end of the season , maybe with a view of going out for a further seasons loan,  then being ready for a first team place the following season. He,s still young and has a good attitude.  Hopefully our coaches can work with him and enable him to improve . Hoping his time at Inverness goes well with him getting regular game time . 

Potentially I can see him take over from Ryan Strain.  I would be disappointed if we don't make an effort to keep him at the end of the season , maybe with a view of going out for a further seasons loan,  then being ready for a first team place the following season. He,s still young and has a good attitude.  Hopefully our coaches can work with him and enable him to improve . Hoping his time at Inverness goes well with him getting regular game time . 
If we play with wing backs he won't stay. He is good attacking as a winger, but not defensive. I can't see how he would fit. Out of contact in the summer and will be looking for regular footing bet. Will be hard to hold on to.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Eamonn Brophy is not the only Saints player having a successful loan period in the highlands at the moment. Young Jay Henderson starts and stars in ICT’s cup quarter final win against Kilmarnock and he will now go with them to the Scottish Cup semi final. Ayr or Falkirk is a potential Hampden opponent for Caley, could we have a St Mirren player in a Scottish Cup final for the first time since 1987?

What a fantastic young player he is. Hopefully see more of him in a Saints strip soon. If we can’t use him, other top flight clubs will. 

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Eamonn Brophy is not the only Saints player having a successful loan period in the highlands at the moment. Young Jay Henderson starts and stars in ICT’s cup quarter final win against Kilmarnock and he will now go with them to the Scottish Cup semi final. Ayr or Falkirk is a potential Hampden opponent for Caley, could we have a St Mirren player in a Scottish Cup final for the first time since 1987?

What a fantastic young player he is. Hopefully see more of him in a Saints strip soon. If we can’t use him, other top flight clubs will. 

Sounds like he had another excellent game tonight. Always liked him, the kind of player that can produce a wee bit of magic out of nothing and has already scored some great goals for us. 
Hopefully his loan up there has made him an even better player and more consistent. Wound love to see him come back and do the business for us. 

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I thought he looked decent against a championship standard Kilmarnock defence.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

A championship defence who we haven’t managed to score against in 190 Minutes of football this season . We’ve only managed 3 shots on target against them .

Jay is direct, quick and can put over a decent cross. I’d have him back but wonder if the manager simply doesn’t rate him .? 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

A championship defence who we haven’t managed to score against in 190 Minutes of football this season . We’ve only managed 3 shots on target against them .

Jay is direct, quick and can put over a decent cross. I’d have him back but wonder if the manager simply doesn’t rate him .? 

Kilmarnock were absolutely dire last night.

We played against them with ten men in our last game and still outplayed them.

I like Henderson, but I think that the championship is his level. I might be wrong.

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Kilmarnock were absolutely dire last night.

We played against them with ten men in our last game and still outplayed them.

I like Henderson, but I think that the championship is his level. I might be wrong.

Really ?    I was at that game and I don’t remember that 🤷‍♂️

im afraid you and I are going to have to disagree on what qualifies as outplaying the opposition.

DCDCECC1-A678-4164-9FC4-1B234109D13E.jpeg

Jay’s a proven performer at top flight level and a Scotland U21 internationalist. He regularly provided goals and assists for us in the Scottish Premiership - two of our best goals for us last season were scored by him - Dundee Utd away and Dundee Utd at home and he got four assists, including a superb cross for the vital winner at Dens under Robinson. 
However, he’s a winger, not a defender. Sadly our hammer throwing style doesn’t allow for tricky wee wingers who can beat a man, get a ball in and score a goal. That’s not a slight against Henderson at all, there’s no attacking wingers in the world who would fit in our system.

Pity!