Jay Henderson

39 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really ?    I was at that game and I don’t remember that 🤷‍♂️

im afraid you and I are going to have to disagree on what qualifies as outplaying the opposition.

DCDCECC1-A678-4164-9FC4-1B234109D13E.jpeg

My bad. I only watched the second half and it seemed to me that we were by far the better team.

Anyway, doesn't alter the fact that Killie were dire last night according to both sets of fans, and from what I witnessed watching the game.

However, I respect your opinions and only time will tell whether he makes it at premiership level or not.

He has some good moments, but for me, in the games that he played in our "free flowing total football" side before Robinson 🤣 , he's not quick enough to be a winger and nor is he a good enough defender to be a wing back. 

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I must have looked at different stats than you. emoji1787.png

Five assists two goals. When you consider he was never established first pick these are good numbers for a young winger in his first full season as a professional and they compare very favourably with some of our senior attacking players who start every week. It was no surprise when he was called up and capped for the U21’s and it’s certainly no surprise he’s continued as regular provider and scorer of goals with ICT, and quickly became a fans favourite up there. 

I fear we are going to lose him in the summer due to the system we play, and I can see him going on to have a good career with another Premiership club or down south. 

14 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Five assists two goals. When you consider he was never established first pick these are good numbers for a young winger in his first full season as a professional and they compare very favourably with some of our senior attacking players who start every week. It was no surprise when he was called up and capped for the U21’s and it’s certainly no surprise he’s continued as regular provider and scorer of goals with ICT, and quickly became a fans favourite up there. 

I fear we are going to lose him in the summer due to the system we play, and I can see him going on to have a good career with another Premiership club or down south. 

Scored 3, reasonable, assists, WAN. 

If you REALLY think he's that good Billy McKay will be heading to Man City. 

image.png.a3c0afd7fcd0066f0d581043676fd98d.png

Edited by faraway saint

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Scored 3, reasonable, assists, WAN. 

If you REALLY think he's that good Billy McKay will be heading to Man City. 

image.png.a3c0afd7fcd0066f0d581043676fd98d.png

Billy McKay is a striker who has been there all season and Henderson is a winger who has been there since January… The ICT fans love him and no wonder. They’d love to keep a hold of him in the summer. I don’t think they will, if we don’t want him he’ll have other options in the top flight.

He regularly provided goals and assists for us in the Scottish Premiership - two of our best goals for us last season were scored by him - Dundee Utd away and Dundee Utd at home and he got four assists, including a superb cross for the vital winner at Dens under Robinson.

Five assists two goals.

If I ask again, will his stats increase. [emoji1787]

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe he's found his level. 

I’d like to see Jay back in our squad next season. The manager plans to in future move to a 4-3-3 formation so perhaps that provides an opportunity for Jay. 
The club needs to address the current financial situation so it makes sense to utilise academy graduates than a journeyman where the outlay is far greater.

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe he's found his level. 

Hmmmm, I know that’s a possibility and you could be right, but that opinion would suggest that he’d never performed at Premiership level. I don’t think that’s the case. He definitely has if not consistently (then again who does in our squad?). 
I did understand the reasons for letting him go though and the move seems to be doing him some good. 
I wouldn’t be writing him off at Premiership level just yet (I know you weren’t necessarily doing that). He may have something still to offer. 

He's already a proven creator and scorer of goals at SPFL Premiership level and he's now doing it consistently in the Championship. Pundits, commentators and ICT fans have been praising his performances ever since he went there and he will start in a Scottish Cup Semi final in a few weeks, and his team will be the favourites to win it. The only people that seem keen to talk him down at the moment is a section of our own support - bizarre!

41 minutes ago, TopCat said:

He's already a proven creator and scorer of goals at SPFL Premiership level and he's now doing it consistently in the Championship. Pundits, commentators and ICT fans have been praising his performances ever since he went there and he will start in a Scottish Cup Semi final in a few weeks, and his team will be the favourites to win it. The only people that seem keen to talk him down at the moment is a section of our own support - bizarre!

Very true... It's what we do best,

Billy Stark, Kenny McLean, Ross Stewart just a few examples of young players who got pelters from our fans yet went on to have decent careers.. 

St Mirren fans, greeting faced cnuts since 1877...😂

Jay seemed to be alternating between right-midfield and winger in the last few ganes i saw on TV.  Being more adaptable will help his case for a place here next season and he has physically developed a little, as you would at that age.  

He probably deserves a crack at the first team next season as long as he develops a bit more pace, that is the thing he lacks for playing his style in the premiership

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

I nearly fell off my seat laughing at the irony of that statement.

46 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Billy Stark, Kenny McLean, Ross Stewart just a few examples of young players who got pelters from our fans yet went on to have decent careers.. 

Yep it's really weird. I'm sure Jay will go on to a have a long and fine career in the game, as they all did.

1 hour ago, Helmettroll said:

For every name you've mentioned there will be about 50 who, indeed, turned out to be fuds.

Oh, I agree about the greetin faced cnuts bit right enough. 👍

PS I happen to think Henderson has some potential, just not that hes a future John McGinn. 😉

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

For every name you've mentioned there will be about 50 who, indeed, turned out to be fuds.

Oh, I agree about the greetin faced cnuts bit right enough. 👍

PS I happen to think Henderson has some potential, just not that hes a future John McGinn. 😉

My initial post was somewhat laced with hyperbole to counter one that seemed to have turned Henderson into Lionel Messi, after one nutmeg.

I agree. He's shown occasionally at the top level that he is capable of some great play. Both his goals v Dundee United were excellent. However, for me he hasn't done it consistently enough, albeit he hasn't played as much as he'd like. Too often he seemed not able to get past his man or get crosses in. At a lower level that seems to be a bit easier. Maybe I am being too harsh and he'll develop more in the future. However, given the silence from the club regarding a contract extension, I've a feeling that it might not be with us.

I'd rather we kept Henderson as opposed to Olusanya right enough.

the difference there is pace, so with a choice of two players who are almost at the right level he will favour Olusanya's pace.  I think he will offload both, though

Its a bit baffling, the manager seems happy to work on the stengths of players he has borought in or worked with before but seems less eager, or less effective, in developing more obvious talent that could take us further but needs more work.

I guess he thinks that he can tweak the likes of Main but doesn't fancy a project.  Billy Dodds sees more and has the luxury of working that project up in a less demanding league

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

My initial post was somewhat laced with hyperbole to counter one that seemed to have turned Henderson into Lionel Messi, after one nutmeg.

I agree. He's shown occasionally at the top level that he is capable of some great play. Both his goals v Dundee United were excellent. However, for me he hasn't done it consistently enough, albeit he hasn't played as much as he'd like. Too often he seemed not able to get past his man or get crosses in. At a lower level that seems to be a bit easier. Maybe I am being too harsh and he'll develop more in the future. However, given the silence from the club regarding a contract extension, I've a feeling that it might not be with us.

I'd rather we kept Henderson as opposed to Olusanya right enough.

That is exactly how I see Henderson. 

Olusanya has to Robinson's worst signing. Not even Championship level. Neil Warnock signed him for Middlesborough also. Bizarre

17 hours ago, Ethan said:

Olusanya will be moved on. He has been disappointing and I cant really seeing him making it. Feel for Jay. He is playing well for Inverness but just doesn't suit our system. 

Henderson stars for Sneckie , sets up the goal on Friday while Olusanya is sat on his arse on the bench for struggling Arbroath . 
We have given this guy a two year deal. 🤷‍♂️  

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Henderson stars for Sneckie , sets up the goal on Friday while Olusanya is sat on his arse on the bench for struggling Arbroath . 
We have given this guy a two year deal. 🤷‍♂️  

A manager’s gamble. 

Olusanya could have been outstanding for us and we’d have forgotten all about those he let go. He may turn out better next season - who knows for sure.

I don’t think that SR has given enough opportunity for our academy graduates over some of the signings he has made. 

Any manager is always going favour playing his signings over a previous manager.