Two Youth Players in Scotland U16 Squad

9 minutes ago, Hands of stone said:

Didn't need a thread..pathetic, just look at who started it..💤💤💤💤 himself!

Imagine being so triggered by someone you’d get upset at him starting a thread to congratulate two of our young players on a Scotland youth call-up. 🤣 

3 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

And the boring as feck is on ignore..clown will still reply though!

If you think I’m boring you can just stop responding.

If you think BAWA as a collective is boring, you can just stop crying (🎻) over not having your main account & stop going to the effort of engaging with a secondary one. 

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Here's hoping the boys get all their app data to the club on time or else it will be Scotland career and St Mirren career over.

Well, they’d learn a harsh lesson in being disciplined then. Something they need if they want to build a success career.

7 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

I take it 💤💤💤💤 responded🤣🤣🤣cant help himself the clown!

You say that like it’s news. I openly admit I enjoy this part of the thread. 

You clearly have some sort of obsession that even putting me on ‘ignore’ can’t resolve. No wonder you had to make a new account. 

On 10/16/2019 at 7:24 AM, aldo_j said:

Well, they’d learn a harsh lesson in being disciplined then. Something they need if they want to build a success career.

So you think that banning youth players for playing for St Mirren youth teams for 4 weeks and losing their place in Scotland youth squads is a fitting punishment for sending in app data in 1 hour late on 1 occasion?

What does a youth player learn from being suspended for longer than Alfredo Morelos for sending in info in late on 1 occasion? How does the club benefit from excluding them for selection on matchdays or not being included in Scotland squads?

Youth players have normally already shown plenty of discipline already (sometimes for a decade) if they have reached the latter end of the youth programme and been included in Scotland youth squads.

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So you think that banning youth players for playing for St Mirren youth teams for 4 weeks and losing their place in Scotland youth squads is a fitting punishment for sending in app data in 1 hour late on 1 occasion?

What does a youth player learn from being suspended for longer than Alfredo Morelos for sending in info in late on 1 occasion? How does the club benefit from excluding them for selection on matchdays or not being included in Scotland squads?

Youth players have normally already shown plenty of discipline already (sometimes for a decade) if they have reached the latter end of the youth programme and been included in Scotland youth squads.

Is this the GK lad you keep prattling on about by any chance?

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm referring to an incident within the past year affecting a youth academy player and Scotland youth international player.

Do you think the punishment handed out was proportionate?

I don’t know the fully story. Give me the full facts of the story, any previous misdemeanours of the player and any other supporting evidence. I’d also need that from the side of the club as well as the player.

Pull that together and I’ll make a call. Otherwise, you can’t ask someone if it’s proportionate. 

5 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I don’t know the fully story. Give me the full facts of the story, any previous misdemeanours of the player and any other supporting evidence. I’d also need that from the side of the club as well as the player.

Pull that together and I’ll make a call. Otherwise, you can’t ask someone if it’s proportionate. 

I tweeted Alan McManus about it. He followed my account, deleted my tweets from his page, and set his own account to private / friends only for a period of time. I doubt if you asked the club for 'their version' that you would get a reply. The PFA Scotland were involved but they'll probably say the way the issue was resolved was confidential.

The player concerned went from a 1st fringe player in matchday squads a few months after signing for the club (hardly a sign of a discipline problem) and making his debut in Scotland youth team one month, to being suspended from playing for St Mirren for 4 weeks and lost his Scotland place as a result of being 'dropped' by St Mirren over 1 incident. When challenged about the player losing their Scotland place our head of the youth academy said his only concern was St Mirren.

I think it is better to celebrate the success our youth programme has rather than be negative. 
Agreed,

Their inclusion should be recognised/celebrated.

Bazil has now introduced 2 St Mirren players whose potential is being recognised at national level to many of us & for those that like to track developing youths at the club, 2 more players to track.

Here's hoping they both go on & have successfull careers with St Mirren

2 hours ago, Sonny said:
4 hours ago, bazil85 said:
Kieran Offord has scored a double in the the Scotland Vs ROI U16 Victory Shield match, finished 4-0.
Big congratulations. 

A St Mirren player that can score? Give him a start on Wed.

He's still young.

We'll soon knock that out of him!