Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

Brewers Fayre Phoenix.

Recommended Posts

On Saturday me and the wife stayed at the Premier Inn Phoenix as were going to a dance at Eldirslie Golf club. So we popped into the Brewers fayre for dinner for handedness. 6pm it was quiet after after 20min we had to ask a waitress to take our order. We both wanted Feta and sweet potato lasagna with salad. After 50min it arrived . No flavour at all tasted of nothing. Not only that it was a frozen ding dong meal microwave heated up from frozen. Could not believe how bad this establishment is. Checked TripAdvisor which also have very poor reviews on this place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



On Saturday me and the wife stayed at the Premier Inn Phoenix as were going to a dance at Eldirslie Golf club. So we popped into the Brewers fayre for dinner for handedness. 6pm it was quiet after after 20min we had to ask a waitress to take our order. We both wanted Feta and sweet potato lasagna with salad. After 50min it arrived . No flavour at all tasted of nothing. Not only that it was a frozen ding dong meal microwave heated up from frozen. Could not believe how bad this establishment is. Checked TripAdvisor which also have very poor reviews on this place. 


It's order at the bar, there's a sign just as you enter.

I've been about 4 times in the last few months, food's always been decent. Online reviews usually tend to be negative, the only positives you usually get is when some particular thing has been outstanding, nobody really comments on "adequate". It's one of these times of "you get what you pay for", if you go for a cheap option, you take your chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:


 

 


It's order at the bar, there's a sign just as you enter.

I've been about 4 times in the last few months, food's always been decent. Online reviews usually tend to be negative, the only positives you usually get is when some particular thing has been outstanding, nobody really comments on "adequate". It's one of these times of "you get what you pay for", if you go for a cheap option, you take your chances.

 

Would not try it again Brewers Fayre used to be not bad  If your serving frozen food from a central  production line then flavours have to be strong or it will just be bland when defrosted and reheated. Witherspoon's do the same thing but better and cheaper. Worked for BMA years ago for 6 month same concept frozen meals for the airline that's where I learned taste to frozen. Factory production is not my type of food or job. Of course buy a steak it should be fresh. Each to their own. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Would not try it again Brewers Fayre used to be not bad  If your serving frozen food from a central  production line then flavours have to be strong or it will just be bland when defrosted and reheated. Witherspoon's do the same thing but better and cheaper. Worked for BMA years ago for 6 month same concept frozen meals for the airline that's where I learned taste to frozen. Factory production is not my type of food or job. Of course buy a steak it should be fresh. Each to their own. 
McDonald's do it better than Witherspoon's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Would not try it again Brewers Fayre used to be not bad  If your serving frozen food from a central  production line then flavours have to be strong or it will just be bland when defrosted and reheated. Witherspoon's do the same thing but better and cheaper. Worked for BMA years ago for 6 month same concept frozen meals for the airline that's where I learned taste to frozen. Factory production is not my type of food or job. Of course buy a steak it should be fresh. Each to their own. 

McDonald's do it better than Witherspoon's. emoji38.png

Really! ...............it's food JIm; but not as we know it. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Amazing. Another IOBS classic.

At this rate we'll be needing a Greatest Hits thread for this numpty.

We were booked in by the hotel. Table had our name. If I'm in a restaurant normal practice is waiter service If you cant speak to someone with your cheek why do it on a keyboard. Chip on the old shoulder, seriously grow up. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We were booked in by the hotel. Table had our name. If I'm in a restaurant normal practice is waiter service If you cant speak to someone with your cheek why do it on a keyboard. Chip on the old shoulder, seriously grow up. 

What the hell do you think I have a chip on my shoulder about? Also I tend not to talk with my cheek so I have no idea what you are blethering on about. I presume your auto-correct is having as much trouble interpreting your incoherent rambling drug-fuelled pish as the rest of us on here.

Talking of "cheek" and "growing up", how are your preparations coming along for that street fight you challenged RossC83 on pieandbovril coming along? Selling tickets?

A 60 year old asking total strangers for street fights has to be the most cringeworthy thing you can do,

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I tend not to talk with my cheek so I have no idea what you are blethering on about. I presume your auto-correct is having as much trouble interpreting your incoherent rambling drug-fuelled pish as the rest of us on here.

Talking of "cheek" and "growing up", how are your preparations coming along for that street fight you challenged RossC83 on pieandbovril coming along? Selling tickets?

A 60 year old asking total strangers for street fights has to be the most cringeworthy thing you can do,

Show me the word ( fight ) and I will donate £100 to your chosen charity.  You cant. So not only are you a twat hiding behind a keyboard you are also a liar. You seem rattled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Show me the word ( fight ) and I will donate £100 to your chosen charity.  You cant. So not only are you a twat hiding behind a keyboard you are also a liar. You seem rattled. 

Rattled now am I?

When I start private messaging total strangers asking for fights in the street maybe I'll come looking to you for advice on how to behave on a discussion forum. :lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Rattled now am I?

When I start private messaging total strangers asking for fights in the street maybe I'll come looking to you for advice on how to behave on a discussion forum. :lol

As I wrote you are a liar only you use the word fight.  Thanks for taking the thread away on another direction because of your childish agenda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Is that Allan's or castleveitchy (sp) you're referring to emoji6.png

Good call!

And in coming evenings I may well frequent those establishments but, remarkably, tonight it will be Broomlands’ HippyChippy and you don’t get more “wee Scottishy” than that... :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good call!
And in coming evenings I may well frequent those establishments but, remarkably, tonight it will be Broomlands’ HippyChippy and you don’t get more “wee Scottishy” than that... :unsure:
I'm getting taken to a Indian, then to a lane for some cakes, scones and tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
18 minutes ago, antrin said:
Good call!
And in coming evenings I may well frequent those establishments but, remarkably, tonight it will be Broomlands’ HippyChippy and you don’t get more “wee Scottishy” than that... :unsure:

I'm getting taken to a Indian, then to a lane for some cakes, scones and tea.

My condolences.  :(

BANG! goes the diet and good intentions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
32 minutes ago, antrin said:
Good call!
And in coming evenings I may well frequent those establishments but, remarkably, tonight it will be Broomlands’ HippyChippy and you don’t get more “wee Scottishy” than that... :unsure:

I'm getting taken to a Indian, then to a lane for some cakes, scones and tea.

Obsession India ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You misheard, there's actually an Indian taking you down a lane for cocks and moans behind a tree. Enjoy yourself anyway. default_whistling.gif
Indian was shut so ended up in Pendulum, think they served my mate the biggest portion of ribs I've seen. Never made it down the lane for the sweet course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...