Kilmarnock v St Mirren 26/10

munoz

The Monday after a win and still no match thread ? 

I'll try my luck and see if its lucky. 

Another difficult game but not impossible to pick up something from. Hard to predict the team and formation for this one but I can't imagine it will be the same as the Fakes game. 

2-1 Saints.

Killie went 4-3-3 against Livi and County, imagine they'll do the same against us

Think the most important thing will be to keep it tight at the back, left back is an issue since Waters can't play. Maybe Erahahon? Although he had a nightmare against them last time at Rugby Park so perhaps better with MacPherson RB and McGinn LB

Fancy the now confident Obika to cause them problems 

Have a feeling we will be back to normality with defeat. Killie aren’t what they were under Clarke but they are still decent and the lack of signing another left back to cover Waters may well bite us on the arse here.

2-0 in Killie’s favour. I’d prefer Saints to win 5-0 though.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Broadfoot to LB and draft McKenzie back in? Or would we be worried about KB being exposed for pace at LB?

Would expect Mcloughlin to be pushed out with Mac coming in. I think Killie have won three out of their last four now so it will be a tough game.

Similar form to us - 1 defeat in 4.

On 10/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, munoz said:

The Monday after a win and still no match thread ?       I'll try my luck and see if its lucky. 

Another difficult game but not impossible to pick up something from. Hard to predict the team and formation for this one but I can't imagine it will be the same as the Fakes game.        2-1 Saints.

Other than Waters not playing what other changes are you envisaging ?   (Perhaps Mullen injured OR what?)

We did not have any passengers in the last game, and our balance was much better than in many of our other games. We also scored TWO GOALS, so hard to see who would get dropped.

I would not hesitate to put MacPherson  in at RB with Paul going to LB (as Doakes suggests) , but suspect Goodwin will go with experience and re-draft MacKenzie back in at CB, possibly letting MacLoughlin cover RB or LB depending on where Paul plays. Kirk to stay Central rather than FB I'd expect.

Provided Mullen, and the rest are fit, I don't expect any other changes, other than possibly on the bench. (someone to replace Waters in the squad - Erhahon?)

Hard to call, was last week a wee blip against a poor Fakes team or can we play with the likes of Killie?  Killie 1 v 1 Saints    Obika to be our scorer !   :ninja

Would really loooovvvvveeee it if we could take all 3 points though . . .:turtle

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
5 hours ago, munoz said:
Similar form to us - 1 defeat in 4.

Kinda if you ignore the points difference between draws and wins. Lol

It’s like saying both teams have been solid at the back conceding just 8 each, while ignoring the fact Killie have scored more goals than us.

We could maybe play 3 5 2..McKenzie mcloughlin,big kirky would be back 3,Danny and obika up front, then anyones guess for midfield 

Interesting, and one of many possibilities. Nice to think that our manager has options, for a change.

Whatever personnel and formation JG chooses, I see no reason to think we have no chance in this match. We have every chance of taking something here.

Obika and Mullen will both be pumped up and I expect both to start and both to be a handful.
Broadfoot will relish playing against his former employers - the manager in particular - and McGinn will be better with 90mins under his belt.

Of course, could all go pear shaped if Killie get an early goal followed by a red card for an over enthusiastic Kirk, however, you never know.

Even thinking of travelling down on Saturday....

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Interesting, and one of many possibilities. Nice to think that our manager has options, for a change.

Whatever personnel and formation JG chooses, I see no reason to think we have no chance in this match. We have every chance of taking something here.

Obika and Mullen will both be pumped up and I expect both to start and both to be a handful.
Broadfoot will relish playing against his former employers - the manager in particular - and McGinn will be better with 90mins under his belt.

Of course, could all go pear shaped if Killie get an early goal followed by a red card for an over enthusiastic Kirk, however, you never know.

Even thinking of travelling down on Saturday....

Aye come on down to Ayrshire... I am hopeful we will take something and even score again, now that we have learned how to!!!   :magic

Hopefully we can take something from today - think we should go 3-5-2 and give it a go. Fine margins in this league as there isn’t much between the teams out-with the ugly sisters. On another day we could easily have been 2 down after 15 minutes last week but we settled and second half fully deserved our win. Think we need to score first though as Killie are decent at home.

Cracking away day and looking forward to it COYS !!!