Kilmarnock v St Mirren 26/10

munoz

2 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Over 15 minutes queuing up before game to get a ticket, missing first 10 minutes. Steward says its our clubs fault as we never told them we would bring this many supporters. 

Then another toothless display up front. Our strikers really don't look very good sadly.

I couldnt make the game today but did i hear they actually ran out of tickets at one point? For one of their stewards to actually  blame us for their failings is laughable.

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Story of our league campaign so far - tight game and as has happened more often than not we conceded first & never looked like equalising. :(

Away to Celtic midweek where I wouldn't expect much...:(

I thought we looked really well organised today. Andreu should have scored and we made a couple of chances even after going one down late on. Nothing between the two teams . We just need a break. Hope the injury to the drum isn't too serious 🐼

Edited by magnus

22 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Over 15 minutes queuing up before game to get a ticket, missing first 10 minutes. Steward says its our clubs fault as we never told them we would bring this many supporters. 

Are the stewards expecting away fans to RSVP a couple of days in advance so they know how many plan to come along?

Piss poor excuse from them.

Better team in the first half and made best chances. Felt we sat in a bit in the second half and invited them on top of us. However Andreu was right through with only the keeper in front and totally panics sclaffing it past the post and seconds later they score an easy goal from a corner.

We were really poor today from dead balls. Just prior to them scoring we had two corners.  Magennis hits the first straight out for a throw in at the other side of the park and the second he hits the ankle of the defender nearest him. Later on McPherson takes a faulty throw-in near their 18 yard box and they get the throw-in instead. Players are paid for 90mins concentration. To f**k-up simple things like free kicks, corners and throw ins is just not acceptable. Disappointing today as Killie are not a great team and a draw would be the least we deserved although we struggled to get a shot on target.

It wasn't a steward it was a suited manager. He was quickly told, don't talk crap. Been happening to our club for years.

The club should always overestimate the predicted away support. That way there would be more turnstyles open, catering, etc.

Over 1,000 there is a great effort today.

Edited by Gordon Urquhart

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Better team in the first half and made best chances. Felt we sat in a bit in the second half and invited them on top of us. However Andreu was right through with only the keeper in front and totally panics sclaffing it past the post and seconds later they score an easy goal from a corner.

We were really poor today from dead balls. Just prior to them scoring we had two corners.  Magennis hits the first straight out for a throw in at the other side of the park and the second he hits the ankle of the defender nearest him. Later on McPherson takes a faulty throw-in near their 18 yard box and they get the throw-in instead. Players are paid for 90mins concentration. To f**k-up simple things like free kicks, corners and throw ins is just not acceptable. Disappointing today as Killie are not a great team and a draw would be the least we deserved although we struggled to get a shot on target.

Kyle wasn't at it today. One of his poorer games. 

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Might be just post defeat blues but I though Collum made the game too stop start with all his petty and mostly wrong calls on fouls.

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

Might be just post defeat blues but I though Collum made the game too stop start with all his petty and mostly wrong calls on fouls.

Tbh that’s Collum every time he referees, so at this point we know to expect uselessness from him whenever his name pops up.

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Tbh that’s Collum every time he referees, so at this point we know to expect uselessness from him whenever his name pops up.

He is very poor in my opinion and the clip from the Roma game midweek giving a penalty when Smalling headed the ball says everything albeit on another note we cant be blaming the ref pretty much week in week out for our own failings again another away game no points i am forever a Stmirren optimist but we cant keep seeing and saying a close defeat it could've been better "IF" 

57 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Story of our league campaign so far - tight game and as has happened more often than not we conceded first & never looked like equalising. :(

Away to Celtic midweek where I wouldn't expect much...:(

You can expect an absolute tanking something to look forward to. 

13 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

He is very poor in my opinion and the clip from the Roma game midweek giving a penalty when Smalling headed the ball says everything albeit on another note we cant be blaming the ref pretty much week in week out for our own failings again another away game no points i am forever a Stmirren optimist but we cant keep seeing and saying a close defeat it could've been better "IF" 

Unfortunately you are right.

Crap referees are part of the Scottish game and are to be expected. There will be the days where one massive decision screws us over (even more so against the bigots) but the refs are generally crap most weeks anyway and can’t be blamed for our major lack of goals.

We continue to do well at the back and haven’t leaked too many goals (albeit we’ll see how that fares after Wednesday) but the lack of anything at the other end is the reason we are near the bottom instead of fighting in the top 6.

Actually sick of watching Magennis make a complete hash of every almost every set piece he takes.

We were the better team for long periods of the game but keep missing chances. Mullin missed a couple in the first half and was unlucky with a couple in the second. Obika missed a Couple especially one from a clever free kick. Hladcky hardly had a save to make but we lost a goal from a free header from a corner. Andrey missed an absolute sitter and managed to hurt himself at the same time.overall very disappointing.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I said as much a few games ago, as long as we fail miserably at the basics the amount of times we do, then we will be in bother.

Failing to beat the first man at corners and getting throw ins wrong is unforgivable. Quite simply you are not good enough.

Drop them from the team, don’t care who they are, we can’t afford shit like that. Rant over....

Poor performance. Collection high balls and hopeful punts to strikers who are just good enough for this league. Mullan probably the best of a bad bunch. We defended well
But what criminal goal to give away. Free header 6 or 7 yards out. Dreadful. This high ball game has to change. We have 6ft striker who can't jump. Kilmarnock were hopeless. So tells how bad we were. Over a thousand fans turned up to watch that. Not enough I'm afraid. Tactics have to change. Bringing Durness with 5 mins to go was pointless. We were chasing the game and Goody waited till 5 mins to go should have been on earlier. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Unfortunately you are right.

Crap referees are part of the Scottish game and are to be expected. There will be the days where one massive decision screws us over (even more so against the bigots) but the refs are generally crap most weeks anyway and can’t be blamed for our major lack of goals.

We continue to do well at the back and haven’t leaked too many goals (albeit we’ll see how that fares after Wednesday) but the lack of anything at the other end is the reason we are near the bottom instead of fighting in the top 6.

Might be worthwhile you refereeing a few matches to see how much crap you talk on refereeing ?

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Might be worthwhile you refereeing a few matches to see how much crap you talk on refereeing ?

Touched a nerve have I?

Are you saying the refereeing standard in Scotland is currently acceptable?

I’m not saying I would do a very good job of it. However, considering their “part time wage” of £800 a match (the going rate in 2010 so it may be more now) I do expect a better standard that what we currently see. Some of those on the low end of the pay scale struggle to make £800 in a month, yet a referee can make that in 90 mins with a sub-standard, sometimes woeful performance.