Away Form

After the huge pick up at weekend we have some really tough away matches.... 8 points collected all at home. One goal conceded after 5 home games (when did that last happen) No goals conceded in 450 mins in open play at home.... however lost all 4 away games all relatively closely. Wonder how Jim plays it. I think Mcginn stays in as does Mullin and Obika and we counter.? I feel with Killie ..sellick and Hearts games we must pick up points .. we have a chance to get some needed breathing space... and lets be honest who expected us above Hibs Hearts and Fakes. at this stage?

The thing with Hearts/Hibs/Fakes though is we thought we’d be down there with Livi and Accies, and possibly County too. Fakes have been surprisingly awful, while Hibs and Hearts are severely underperforming considering they really should be in the top 6. We are still behind the clubs we thought we’d be fighting with, but after 11 games that’s where we see how the league shapes up and make the changes to expectations. Hopefully we can add some more points before then but it’ll be tough going.

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The thing with Hearts/Hibs/Fakes though is we thought we’d be down there with Livi and Accies, and possibly County too. Fakes have been surprisingly awful, while Hibs and Hearts are severely underperforming considering they really should be in the top 6. We are still behind the clubs we thought we’d be fighting with, but after 11 games that’s where we see how the league shapes up and make the changes to expectations. Hopeful we can add some more points before then but it’ll be tough going.

Both Hearts and Hibs have been relegated before. Going to Kilmarnock is not mission impossible. When we scored our first goal on Saturday we grow in confidence which will be taken into the Killie game. 

It's got to be encouraging that we're achieving good home form and clean sheets. 

What we would have given for that in many previous seasons?!! 

Given the state we were in pre-season I would take the positives from the solid foundations we have built.

The challenge is now to improve step-by-step. Strikers getting off the mark on Saturday there was a step in the right direction. We need to improve our attacking game and ultimately to get better results on the road.  Overall, I think we're pretty well positioned. 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Both Hearts and Hibs have been relegated before. Going to Kilmarnock is not mission impossible. When we scored our first goal on Saturday we grow in confidence which will be taken into the Killie game. 

They have indeed been relegated before, but they are both clubs who are bigger than most in Scotland and any season that doesn’t see a Top 6 finish is a disappointment (unless they win one of the Cups). Alongside Aberdeen and the pair of bigot filth, it’s a clear biggest 5 in Scotland and from that it’s a very poor season by what they should be aiming towards.

Of course football doesn’t always work out like that and I’ll happily see them continue to struggle if it’s to our benefit!

28 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The thing with Hearts/Hibs/Fakes though is we thought we’d be down there with Livi and Accies, and possibly County too. Fakes have been surprisingly awful, while Hibs and Hearts are severely underperforming considering they really should be in the top 6. We are still behind the clubs we thought we’d be fighting with, but after 11 games that’s where we see how the league shapes up and make the changes to expectations. Hopefully we can add some more points before then but it’ll be tough going.

I thought the Fakes would struggle this season.  My pre season prediction was this

Badly wrong about Hearts and Hibs though. 

Scot-Prem-predictorRRR-cd5abbb42e88e9698daab6d6317031ab.jpg

The inescapable fact is that we have lost all our away matches so far. Absolutely.

However, at this (relatively) early stage I’m not reading too much into that. The only game we’ve been well pumped in was the Motherwell game.  The others we lost by one goal and some (particularly the Hibs game) we did not deserve to lose. I don’t think there’s any sort of phobia about away games and let’s see how the strikers fair now that they’ve got a couple of goals. The Killie game should be a good yardstick. The Celtic game will not. 

I think we should be looking for 3 point's at least between killie and hearts. Killie are getting some results but are not anywhere as good a footballing side as last year be close 1 goal in it in my opinion.  Hearts are way off where they need to or should be and by all accounts injuries are still a big issue for them if we can nullify Ikpeazu that will be a starting point as he ran the hearts show against Rangers on Sunday. Celtic well almost a free hit they have hit 19 in 4 league games i believe so almost 5 per game if we can put in a decent performance and keep it down as only one team in away games has really done us and should have a a couple more than they got. Roll on Saturday confidence should be taken from our performance more so in the 2nd half last weekend esp the strikers 

28 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Fair shout. My pre-season guesses had Livi capitulating but they’ve been decent so far.

Can still see any team from Killie downwards being dragged down. All it would take is a couple of injuries to any clubs main players,  and they could go on a bad run. 

If we start picking up points away from home whilst maintaining our home form, we still could ge in for a decent season. 

17 minutes ago, munoz said:

Can still see any team from Killie downwards being dragged down. All it would take is a couple of injuries to any clubs main players,  and they could go on a bad run. 

If we start picking up points away from home whilst maintaining our home form, we still could ge in for a decent season. 

This is true. There is no clear team destined for 3rd right now, in truth the Top 6 and even Europe is a major possibility for all sides presuming they can get their form in gear. Hibs and Hearts being shite, Dons and Killie being weaker has really opened the door in a similar fashion to our relegation season when there was no Edinburgh side or Sevco in the league - of course we did the opposite and got relegated in a season where there was no better chance to go high and make it into Europe.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Can i add.... Stevie May.... Phew:P

Definitely. I said all along he was pish and has never been the same player since his serious injury at Preston. I know that our goals for tally has been pish and we’ve only just seen our strikers netting their first league goals, but at the same time I couldn’t see us being any better off with May.

19 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Our strikers are much better than him. ha ha

Would be safer to wait until the end of the season before making any premature digs at other teams strikers. 

On Saturday's showing- miles better. 

I suspect May is finished. 

18 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Our strikers are much better than him. ha ha

Would be safer to wait until the end of the season before making any premature digs at other teams strikers. 

Fair point however our strikers just arrived. May was touted as a potential great signing. As Cornwall says since injury he has been cack

2 hours ago, munoz said:

I thought the Fakes would struggle this season.  My pre season prediction was this

Badly wrong about Hearts and Hibs though. 

Scot-Prem-predictorRRR-cd5abbb42e88e9698daab6d6317031ab.jpg

It is not beyond a possibility that your prediction could turn out right.

However, the most unlikely one in my opinion is Hibs ... I think they will finish in the bottom 6 for sure..

Hopefully Livi will have the same form post Christmas as they had last season and we will pass them, but I am not sure we will pass Ross County...

Would love your bottom 3 finishers to be in the final 3 spots though ! (Don't care which order, but preferably with Hamilton and their plastic pitch definitely going down.)

I also think the Fakes with splash the cash in January (£2 Million war chest apparently) AND Ross County will likely sign better players too (again funded well)

We finish 9th or above it is progress - end off, and time to plan for further progress for 2020 - 2021 !    :bounce2 (special bouncer for the clown)

12 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

St Johnstone will NOT splash £2mill in January where has this came from proof required 

Wright was interviewed in the last week and quoted that they had a £2 Million war chest. I never said they would spend it all, just that he claimed they had it...   😎

12 hours ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Ross county will not break the bank  for 5 months 

It does not look like they need to, but most teams see January is seen as a place to offload a few and bring in some to better the team/squad. If their chairman see's a top 6 spot within reach or simply is trying to set them up better for the start of next season, he has the money...

We won't be breaking the bank, but I still expect we will offload 3 or 4 and sign 2 or 3 but who knows?   :ninja