Hladky 2 Rangers in January

GeordieBuddie

Vaclav will be free to sign for any club on a pre-contract in January and he will leave us at the end of the Summer.

Can't see anyone offering us the sort of money that would tempt us to allow him to leave any earlier than that.

35 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Would be a strange one considering Qarabag made a decent type of offer and the Sevvies are skint, not to mention that would mean actually paying decent money for a player from another Scottish team, something neither of the bigots like doing.

If it's a pre contract there wont be a fee....I think.:wacko:

If he was to go, anything less than 7 figures would be madness. It would take a silly bid and the mob from Govan couldn't afford him. However stranger things have happened.

The exact cost of relegation plus enough to build a squad to come straight back up should be the absolute minimum to force our hand to sell. I base this on the fact the effect of him leaving could be.

Of course we are St Mirren and commanding appropriate fees for our players has never been a strong suit.....so who knows what we'll do!

If he was to go, anything less than 7 figures would be madness. It would take a silly bid and the mob from Govan couldn't afford him. However stranger things have happened.

The exact cost of relegation plus enough to build a squad to come straight back up should be the absolute minimum to force our hand to sell. I base this on the fact the effect of him leaving could be.

Of course we are St Mirren and commanding appropriate fees for our players has never been a strong suit.....so who knows what we'll do!
From January, he can agree a pre contract to leave for free in the summer.

Unless we can convince him to sign a new contract, precious little we can do about it.

I'm just making a point of enjoying his every game, grateful for the privilege of seeing the perfect modern day athlete and the best keeper I've ever seen.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Sevco will need more than a decent goalie to save them..

4 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Why? 

GOOD QUESTION, LBJ...  :)

Possibly as dark financial clouds grow darker around the new club...

You may have seen recent mutterings from Gerrard about paring back on the squad he currently has?  How many ambitious managers do THAT?  The reason may be financial...

Below are some thoughts from an impressive poster called Homunculus on the Scottish Football Monitor...

https://www.sfm.scot/in-whose-interests/comment-page-7/#comments

...describing something of the financial straits the new club finds itself in... especially now that the “glib and shameless liar” at the top of RIFC has been given the cold shoulder by UK financial community... it’s NOT looking good.

It would take a better goalie than Vaclav to save this situation...

”To be fair the club is already struggling to get proper financial institutions to deal with them anyway.

Metro Bank*, on a cash only basis, no line of credit.

Loans (overdrafts my arris) from Close Brothers, regularly required, presumably because of cash flow issues.

The only "external finance" coming from directors, shareholders and their associates, later swapped for pretty much worthless equity.

It's difficult to see how even King can make things worse.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/metro-fears-big-bill-for-accounts-scandal-x2m5vq5nq#

*September 19 2019

Metro Bank has warned it could face a “significant” bill after regulators widened their investigations into a £900 million accounting scandal.”

Oh dear...  Unlike last time when the club died, The Bears have been loyally and blindly, financially supportive, this time.  That can’t go on forever

Edited by antrin

Rumour has it that a Sports Management Company paid the fee for the boy Kent.The same rumour also speculated that someone with sevco "connections" is a Director of said Company.

Just as well I don't listen to rumours.

🙈🙉🙊

Rumour has it that a Sports Management Company paid the fee for the boy Kent.The same rumour also speculated that someone with sevco "connections" is a Director of said Company.
Just as well I don't listen to rumours.
[emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]
Would that not be third party ownership which is banned after Tevez and Mascherano?

9 hours ago, antrin said:

GOOD QUESTION, LBJ...  :)

Possibly as dark financial clouds grow darker around the new club...

You may have seen recent mutterings from Gerrard about paring back on the squad he currently has?  How many ambitious managers do THAT?  The reason may be financial...

Below are some thoughts from an impressive poster called Homunculus on the Scottish Football Monitor...

https://www.sfm.scot/in-whose-interests/comment-page-7/#comments

...describing something of the financial straits the new club finds itself in... especially now that the “glib and shameless liar” at the top of RIFC has been given the cold shoulder by UK financial community... it’s NOT looking good.

It would take a better goalie than Vaclav to save this situation...

”To be fair the club is already struggling to get proper financial institutions to deal with them anyway.

Metro Bank*, on a cash only basis, no line of credit.

Loans (overdrafts my arris) from Close Brothers, regularly required, presumably because of cash flow issues.

The only "external finance" coming from directors, shareholders and their associates, later swapped for pretty much worthless equity.

It's difficult to see how even King can make things worse.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/metro-fears-big-bill-for-accounts-scandal-x2m5vq5nq#

*September 19 2019

Metro Bank has warned it could face a “significant” bill after regulators widened their investigations into a £900 million accounting scandal.”

Oh dear...  Unlike last time when the club died, The Bears have been loyally and blindly, financially supportive, this time.  That can’t go on forever

Aye what he said😎

IF they are truly in financial trouble, don't be surprised if Tavernier or Morelos get sold, January or next summer.

A fee for either will plug a big big hole...

Hladky is great but even if we had him on a 4 year deal, the reality is he would be most likely be sold for anything over £500,000 by us if an offer of that magnitude came in.

I would think that in the above scenario that it would be madness considering players like Turnbull were being touted at over £3 million, but, not sure that we are attracting bids like that in the near future yet. Maybe in a season or 2 though?    :turtle

Bottom line is we should offer Hladky a £50,000 sign on fee for a four year contract and double his wages . . .   :magic

(He is not irreplaceable, but he is a hard act to follow)

27 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

IF they are truly in financial trouble, don't be surprised if Tavernier or Morelos get sold, January or next summer.

A fee for either will plug a big big hole...

Hladky is great but even if we had him on a 4 year deal, the reality is he would be most likely be sold for anything over £500,000 by us if an offer of that magnitude came in.

I would think that in the above scenario that it would be madness considering players like Turnbull were being touted at over £3 million, but, not sure that we are attracting bids like that in the near future yet. Maybe in a season or 2 though?    :turtle

Bottom line is we should offer Hladky a £50,000 sign on fee for a four year contract and double his wages . . .   :magic

(He is not irreplaceable, but he is a hard act to follow)

We cant stand in his way. Players have a very limited time to make money and he is good enough to move on, i do hope its not THEM though or any other Scottish club.

Money is still crucial for us, our wage bill may be under better control without so many short term deals, however we always will need to sell on 

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

We cant stand in his way. Players have a very limited time to make money and he is good enough to move on, i do hope its not THEM though or any other Scottish club.

Money is still crucial for us, our wage bill may be under better control without so many short term deals, however we always will need to sell on 

You are correct here (and congrats on your marriage too) But Hladky would be less of a gamble if we could invest in a deal where he will no doubt be sold on. (I know these things cannot be guaranteed but Hladky will play at a higher level than for us, and English clubs pay daft money)

Like you I hope when he does move it is away from Scotland. I have no doubt a number of Scottish clubs are interested in the pre contract idea with him for January - Hearts, Hibs, Killie, Fakes, Hamilton, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc. He will have a number of options . . .  so if we are not getting decent money in January, just hope he stays till the end of the season...

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Would make him our top earner , give him a £100k signing on fee , and %20 of any transfer fee should we get over £500k and %30 of any transfer fee should we get over £1million .

• 1 month later...