Hladky 2 Rangers in January

GeordieBuddie

300k for a guy leaving in five months? Bite their f**king hand off and reinvest it in the squad.

He's good, obviously, but that's a lot of cash to us and we do need the strengthen in January. My preference would be for wide players and a fit centre half, especially if we're going 4-4-2 now. 

Or just Mihai Popescu.

All this talk of putting a lengthy contract extension and a big signing on fee under his nose. I don't think Hladky would accept. He's 29 and although that's still young for a keeper, really, his window at a big move is now only going to narrow.

He knows that by being a free agent in the summer, he's going to attract a lot more interest than if he's under contract with the intention to sell if a bid of X amount comes in. These things don't always materialise. I believe Celtic did the same thing with the guy Sinclair to draw a bid from a club which never came. They didn't even want him either.... Just a fee for him. 

10 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

300k for a guy leaving in five months? Bite their f**king hand off and reinvest it in the squad.

He's good, obviously, but that's a lot of cash to us and we do need the strengthen in January. My preference would be for wide players and a fit centre half, especially if we're going 4-4-2 now. 

Or just Mihai Popescu.

300K would be an extra 30% toward the players budget, if the £1 Million players budget is true   :whistle

Or used the 300K to keep the family stand bigot free for the next 3 season  :lol:

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

300K would be an extra 30% toward the players budget, if the £1 Million players budget is true   :whistle

Or used the 300K to keep the family stand bigot free for the next 3 season  :lol:

Exactly. It's a huge amount to us.

Even if we blew it all on someone like Mihai, it basically boils down to a straight swap between a great goalie on a five-month contract or a great centre-half on a 3.5 year deal (probably. maybe 2.5 years.) It's the definition of a no-brainer.

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You would imagine 300k could get you up to 3 decent players on 2 year deals, including the replacement goalie.