Linda McCartney

Isle Of Bute Saint

Exabition on at the Glasgow art gallery. Being a fan of Paul going to make a point of going along. She was well known in rock circles as a photographer. Hendrix and others were photographed by her. Linda's father owned Kodak so you know the pictures will be good.  Have wanted to try Hanoi Bicycle Shop see if I can catch any inspiration so will give it a try as they are near each other. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Exabition on at the Glasgow art gallery. Being a fan of Paul going to make a point of going along. She was well known in rock circles as a photographer. Hendrix and others were photographed by her. Linda's father owned Kodak so you know the pictures will be good.  Have wanted to try Hanoi Bicycle Shop see if I can catch any inspiration so will give it a try as they are near each other. 

Urban myth...

54 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Yeah, from the days of no internet when people could check things like that out. 

Erm I know because I'm a Beatles fan - her father was a showbiz lawyer and advised Paul not to sign up with Alan Klein who eventually snared the other three all of which played a significant part in the bands break-up - I believe I first read it in in Philip Norman's biography Shout during the summer of '81. 

I thought this was going to be about vegetarian food.

Then I searched up in google to make sure I had the right name for the brand.

I have now learned that the Linda McCartney responsible for this vegetarian brand of food was also married to Paul McCartney.

Joys of life, learning something new every day.

19 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I thought this was going to be about vegetarian food.

Then I searched up in google to make sure I had the right name for the brand.

I have now learned that the Linda McCartney responsible for this vegetarian brand of food was also married to Paul McCartney.

Joys of life, learning something new every day.

She,was also a photograph artist hence the exabition. 

Was in the Kelvingrove a few weeks ago for lunch and saw some of the exhibition from the outside corridor. I think its around £10 entry for adults. Saw the gift shop was selling prints and looked like some of the photos have been published before. It also looked like there was a steady stream of people going in. Oh, and to tip the hat to Cornwall Saint, the cafe is taking part in Meat Free Mondays while the exhibition is on - lots of veggie and vegan foods but the Monday menu may not be to everyone's taste.

11 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Was in the Kelvingrove a few weeks ago for lunch and saw some of the exhibition from the outside corridor. I think its around £10 entry for adults. Saw the gift shop was selling prints and looked like some of the photos have been published before. It also looked like there was a steady stream of people going in. Oh, and to tip the hat to Cornwall Saint, the cafe is taking part in Meat Free Mondays while the exhibition is on - lots of veggie and vegan foods but the Monday menu may not be to everyone's taste.

£7.00 per adult gift shop has a lot of stuff for sale from a few pounds going up to thousands for originals. Im having a day out with my daughter on Saturday so we are going to this then a meal followed by a gig at the O2.

Will be checking my phone on the game. don't do away games now maybe a cup tie away, league games away are bad value If I'm having to spend anything from £50 to £80 to watch a game would rather have e a day out with the family. Season ticket , 1877 club , buddie vision , SMISA is more than enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...