The Team of the Week Thread

26 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Don't we want forwards that score goals? 

We do but preferably ones that score in the Premiership! 🤣

I could probably have scored half of Goodwillie’s goals this season.............ok I’ve taken that too far haven’t I?

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

18 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

We couldnae afford him, he's a Scotland player now. 

It's funny that when we do sign any old diddies they usually are heralded as our saviours. 

Is my winky emoji no workin???

In all seriousness, I’d have been dead against signing Shankland purely based on his Ayr form from last season. However, it does look like the boy has screwed the nut and looks a decent player. Thought he was a stand out for Scotland the other night albeit against the might of San Marino. That said, some other would be superstars were playing against the same San Marino side and Shankland was still a stand out. Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing. 

Having said that, we probably still couldn’t have afforded him based on his Ayr form never mind now.

18 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Do you resort to this type of patter with everyone you don't agree with?

I've mentioned before you seem a simple soul, keep your one dimensional thoughts to yourself. 

You, obviously, don't even know what an internet troll is. 

Your initial post was about our strikers not been as good as lower league strikers because they got in the team of the week. I was given you credit that it was a troll as it should be painfully obvious to anyone and everyone that the team of the week is based on player performance at their teams level.

If you actually think L1 strikers are better than what we currently have then I was given you far too much credit.