Celts v Saints ( Plus all other scores that might be importance to us)

Tommy

3 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

We couldn't beat Hibs or Livingston, we also didn't beat Hearts.

Yes, we had the hardest game but it's what we get in these games, not against Celtic, that will define our season. 

I think we'll get better as the season goes on, i think Cody Cooke might still have a positive effect on our season, he ended last season well.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ending the first quarter bottom, even though others are around us is a big concern. Unless you believe we are going to improve beyond recognition in the next three quarters?

Start taking our chances in the next quarter,  then we'll be fine. We should be looking for 12 points from the next round of games. 

6 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

We couldn't beat Hibs or Livingston, we also didn't beat Hearts.

Yes, we had the hardest game but it's what we get in these games, not against Celtic, that will define our season. 

We have Hibs, Livi,County all at home in the next round of matches. If we can keep our home form going and improve our away form, we will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

We HAD Hamilton, Hearts & St Johnstone at home this round of matches.

Undefeated against all of them.

I get your point. We need to improve the next lot of games- no more hard luck stories.  We need to start turning the losses into draws and the draws to wins. 

10 games between now and the winter break- I reckon we'll have a better idea of where we are after they're done. 

Converting chances when they come along would be a good starting point. 
Yeah... how many times are we going to say "if only".... or such and such didnae beat whodyacallit. So us getting pumped again isn't so bad.
You only get to be bottom after a quarter if you are the worst at that point.
On another point I see Oran's team are flying, even though he had no time to recruit etc..!

Heard Celtic fans around me saying Jim Goodwin has them organised. We did not disgrace ourselves the back line held well with support from midfield. Obika played the lone striker well. Every sub made by Goodwin was an attacker. Heard not one bit of bigoted bile where I was sitting last night which was a pleasant surprise. We just need goals boys and girls sort that then we will be fine. Heard the Saints fans a few times so well done. 

First quarter over and not detached from the pack. Considering the turbulent close season we had, I'm happy enough with that.

We do need to get one or two of the strikers scoring but the team is organised and playing well in every other area. 

I think, because of this, that we are far better off than this time last season so I'm very hopeful for a top 10 finish.

11 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Oh my goodness.

It's not the end of the world but where we are proves we have to get more points than all, yes all, the other teams.

I still think we have a chance but to say it's not a worry is a worry. 

What exactly do you suggest we do?

Start running around in panic with arms flailing and eyes bulging?

Seriously, do you want our players to play with fear? 

How would that help in any way, shape or form?

Edited by oaksoft

What exactly do you suggest we do?
Start running around in panic with arms flailing and eyes bulging?
Seriously, do you want our players to play with fear? 
How would that help in any way, shape or form?
Either or both, players and manager need to perform and win games. The club have made some poor recruitment choices I.e. paying to bring back the perennially injured McAllister and strikers who cant strike.
Funny isn't it that we just had the chairman bemoaning our rushed and late recruitment as the reason for our woes.
When at the time the message was we wont be rushed to just sign anyone!
And in comparison Oran and Coleraine who presumably had even less time to recruit thoughtfully are top of the league!!!
The board have yet again f**ked us over. Will be Interesting to see these accounts.
Funny how they waited till end of account period to sack Oran?

On 10/28/2019 at 5:23 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Will give you a wave from the Celtic end 😜  We are having drinks and dinner in Crystal Palace ( Witherspoons ) if you want to join us. 

How did your night go IBOS?