Celts v Saints ( Plus all other scores that might be importance to us)

Tommy

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

We are not at the end of the first quarter. We passed that stage a couple of games back.

While you are technically correct, I’m sure you know what everyone means by “first quarter”.

I’ll refer to it as “first stage” from now on if that makes you feel better 😛

1 hour ago, HSS said:

How did your night go IBOS?

Out with the score was very good thanks. Feeling a wee bit rough though as it turned out a late night. Stayed in the Euro hostel £30 to share a room with a mate in the centre of Glasgow is brilliant value. Team put a shift in cant ask more than that. Some of the guy's I was with have came to a few Saints games with me so they wanted to take me to last nights game they had a spare season ticket for me. 

5 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

What a weird post. 

I don't think I suggested any of the drama above. ha ha

If it's the fact I worry about our survival, then I apologise for caring about St Mirren. 

You haven't answered my question so I'll try again without the hilarious but obviously distracting humour.

How does worrying solve anything? What positive purpose does worrying serve?

I'll settle for a single good example.

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Either or both, players and manager need to perform and win games. The club have made some poor recruitment choices I.e. paying to bring back the perennially injured McAllister and strikers who cant strike.
Funny isn't it that we just had the chairman bemoaning our rushed and late recruitment as the reason for our woes.
When at the time the message was we wont be rushed to just sign anyone!
And in comparison Oran and Coleraine who presumably had even less time to recruit thoughtfully are top of the league!!!
The board have yet again f**ked us over. Will be Interesting to see these accounts.
Funny how they waited till end of account period to sack Oran?

Really, I can remember when he said waiting till the latter stages of the window was part of "the Masterplan" as all the kwality players were holding back and assessing their options.

Edited by Bud the Baker

17 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's a simple question... where are improvements coming from?

We expect nothing but SIMPLE questions from YOU . . .

IT is not like we are not making chances or getting walloped - we take a higher percentage of our chances and the confidence will grow...

And of course if we don't it won't . . .    I made it a simple answer just for you . . .:guinness

PS - The Fakes were rooted at the foot until they mysteriously win 2 games in a row . . . and we gave them a doing. . .  you think we could not pick up 6 points in the next 2 or 3 games???? 

Edited by Sweeper07
er added

14 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Why JG didn't start Mullen I'll never know.

Mullen was one of out top players against Killie - so it is a fair question you ask...

Clearly rested, most likely tactically as he picked Durmus and Flynn … did he have a wee knock or simply being kept from injury for the next game??

It makes sense to rotate a bit in games like the ugly sisters - it did us no harm last night  . . .

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
While you are technically correct, I’m sure you know what everyone means by “first quarter”.
I’ll refer to it as “first stage” from now on if that makes you feel better emoji14.png

What okay does realise is that being a couple of games past the quarter mark makes our position more stark.

Now you are not prone to panicking are you?????    Ho Ho  Disaster, woe is me, the end is nigh....  we are bankrupted, Stubbs was great, Oran is rubbish BLAH BLAH

Change the tune broken record - we will be fine.  :hammer

We started against Hibs with a squad that was in the main just in the door. They look poor and we are a lot better now. We beat the Fakes and will no doubt pass the Hammer throwers very soon...

Wonder what you'll moan about when we are points well clear of relegation??????  :blink:

Mullen was one of out top players against Killie - so it is a fair question you ask...
Clearly rested, most likely tactically as he picked Durmus and Flynn … did he have a wee knock or simply being kept from injury for the next game??
It makes sense to rotate a bit in games like the ugly sisters - it did us no harm last night  . . .
Mullen the best of a bad bunch. None of the three forwards at mo are no were near good enough for SPL. Plus this tactic of punting aimless high balls up the park has to stop. Were bottom of the league for a reason. Cos were not good enough. It's ok saying we defend well. But if we can't score. What's the point in that. Any other manager would be getting slated. But its Goody and imo think he deserves the chance of getting right. Start in Jan by getting some decent forwards.

5 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

What a weird post. 

I don't think I suggested any of the drama above. ha ha

If it's the fact I worry about our survival, then I apologise for caring about St Mirren. 

Oakey doesn't really know much about Football, he just comes on here for the social value :wink:

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Mullen the best of a bad bunch. None of the three forwards at mo are no were near good enough for SPL. Plus this tactic of punting aimless high balls up the park has to stop. Were bottom of the league for a reason. Cos were not good enough. It's ok saying we defend well. But if we can't score. What's the point in that. Any other manager would be getting slated. But its Goody and imo think he deserves the chance of getting right. Start in Jan by getting some decent forwards.

The jury is out on that one for now . . . There have been big money strikers at many clubs who take a wee while to settle. In the last 2 games I think Obika is beginning to play a strikers role well for us... do I think he will score 20 goals this season, well NO, but I would not be surprised if he hits double figures, and that is an improvement on last season...

The goals will come and Cooke will add to competition for game time and likely chuck in a few goals too...

This squad has played just 11 league games. I think we are a lot better now than we were during the 1st 5 of these - don't you? Once the results and goals start coming the confidence will feed success...   :guinness

45 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The jury is out on that one for now . . . There have been big money strikers at many clubs who take a wee while to settle. In the last 2 games I think Obika is beginning to play a strikers role well for us... do I think he will score 20 goals this season, well NO, but I would not be surprised if he hits double figures, and that is an improvement on last season...

The goals will come and Cooke will add to competition for game time and likely chuck in a few goals too...

This squad has played just 11 league games. I think we are a lot better now than we were during the 1st 5 of these - don't you? Once the results and goals start coming the confidence will feed success...   :guinness

Obika will not reach double figures he's not a natural goalscorer

He will work hard and link play but he hasn't got a nose for goals

Wee Junior just isn't good enough

Mullen will get a goal here or there usually beauts is the best of the bunch

Cooke is just too lightweight and will get injured again

Our midfield apart from Andreu offer nothing to assist the goal charts this seriously needs to be looked at

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

'Clearly rested'????? How many times this season has he played 90 minutes?  And if he played he would have a week and a half to recover.

'It makes sense to rotate a bit in games like the ugly sisters'  Why?

'It did us no harm last night'  haven't you noticed... we got beat and we are sitting at the bottom of the league!  We don't have the luxury to rotate the team, we've got to produce our best team and Mullen should have played the whole game.

10 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

'Clearly rested'????? How many times this season has he played 90 minutes?  And if he played he would have a week and a half to recover.

'It makes sense to rotate a bit in games like the ugly sisters'  Why?

'It did us no harm last night'  haven't you noticed... we got beat and we are sitting at the bottom of the league!  We don't have the luxury to rotate the team, we've got to produce our best team and Mullen should have played the whole game.

I get your passion on this issue, however,

1. Rested from a game we won't get anything prevents him from picking up an injury in that game. He played so well against Killie and JG will have used that to tell him he is being kept wrapped up to get extra fired up for the Hearts game.

2. He takes a fair number of kicks in every game - he will have bruises all over his legs - a week and a half with no kicks will do him no harm whatsoever.

3. Rotating does make sense, it allows others to gain some match fitness - the squad is needed over the season. It is worse pulling someone into a team who has had no game time just because you are forced into it - it is like saying to the player, your only getting a game cause we are stuck...

4. Yip of course I know we are bottom of the table... over the next 4-6 games we have a very good opportunity to do something about that. I said many of the squad were just in the door during the 1st round of fixtures, e.g. we were not ready for the very poor Hibs team who beat us 1 nil, this time we should be. 6 teams over the last 6 games have won either 5 or 6 points - so just like the Fakes (who have won 7 points over these 6 games)  have done since we thumped them, we win a few and we will shoot up the table..

1. Rested from a game we won't get anything prevents him from picking up an injury in that game. He played so well against Killie and JG will have used that to tell him he is being kept wrapped up to get extra fired up for the Hearts game.
2. He takes a fair number of kicks in every game - he will have bruises all over his legs - a week and a half with no kicks will do him no harm whatsoever.
3. Rotating does make sense, it allows others to gain some match fitness - the squad is needed over the season. It is worse pulling someone into a team who has had no game time just because you are forced into it - it is like saying to the player, your only getting a game cause we are stuck...
4. Yip of course I know we are bottom of the table... over the next 4-6 games we have a very good opportunity to do something about that. I said many of the squad were just in the door during the 1st round of fixtures, e.g. we were not ready for the very poor Hibs team who beat us 1 nil, this time we should be. 6 teams over the last 6 games have won either 5 or 6 points - so just like the Fakes (who have won 7 points over these 6 games)  have done since we thumped them, we win a few and we will shoot up the table..
I rest the f**ker for the rest... of the the season. Then he's d be feckin Messi-esque!

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
19 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I rest the f**ker for the rest... of the the season. Then he's d be feckin Messi-esque!

Ha ha - you obviously were not at the Killie game - he was one of our best players and very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet..  :hammer

Think he was also our top scorer last season and so far this season it is not looking like anyone will pass him again...

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
Ha ha - you obviously were not at the Killie game - he was one of our best players and very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet..  :hammer
Think he was also our top scorer last season and so far this season it is not looking like anyone will pass him again...

We are completely f**ked if Mullen is our top scorer      -  AYE and your opinion is great right?    :moony2

Same old broken record from you.... Mullen is no good, he's a midget - without his play-off goal alone we would be in the Championship right now, never mind his others which won us points last season.

He's scored 2 goals this season and 2 assists which have contributed to 4 goals - We have only scored 5 League goals in total - BUT you would not play him . . . WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK - MY GUESS IS NOT VERY MANT SAINT'S FANS ?   :magic

• 2 weeks later...