Long John Baldy

Hearts against St MIrren 9/11/19

It'll be interesting to see where we are when this game comes along.

The games below are played before this game, with things so tight the odd result in other games could see us jump up a place or three or become detached with another couple of teams.

• Aberdeen15:00Kilmarnock

• Hamilton Academical15:00Ross County

• Motherwell15:00Livingston

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

The games below are played before this game, with things so tight the odd result in other games could see us jump up a place or three or become detached with another couple of teams.

On further analysis it's only Hamilton who play, not quite as dramatic as I made it. ha ha 

A win for us will probably see Mr Happy Levein get his p45. Not sure if that will be the best in the long run,  but would definitely be amusing and we really could do with the points. 

3-2 Saints. 

9 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Sad thing is we’re a tidy team but we are dreadful up front and out crossing is absolutely dreadful. I’m afraid the boys need to sort the attacking play soon or we will be in even bigger bother 

Couldn't agree more. Obika and Morais have done nothing since they arrived and don't look good enough. Started to see a wee bit from Obika in the second half of the St J match but otherwise hopless.

Recruitment is key for JG as he says himself and these 2 so far are flops. Defence and midfield are not where the problem is although can always be better !

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

Agree 100%, they have a decent squad, a new manager, most teams get an immediate bounce, although we didn't last season. 

Can only see them climb the league, bad news. 

It goes back to what we said in the First Quarter Points thread. Of the bottom 5 one or two will hit some form and get out of there before the next 11 games are done.

If Hearts make the right appointment they’ll be one of those teams. Next concern is Hibs booting Hecky as that could be the change needed there too.

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It goes back to what we said in the First Quarter Points thread. Of the bottom 5 one or two will hit some form and get out of there before the next 11 games are done.

If Hearts make the right appointment they’ll be one of those teams. Next concern is Hibs booting Hecky as that could be the change needed there too.

We're bright eh?  ha ha 

Heard from my Hibs supporting workmate that unlike Hearts, Hibs are waiting until after semi final to sack Heckinbottom according to him all the rumours,people in the know are saying it's already decided.

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Heard from my Hibs supporting workmate that unlike Hearts, Hibs are waiting until after semi final to sack Heckinbottom according to him all the rumours,people in the know are saying it's already decided.

Is he getting sacked if they win the semi?

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Sounds a bit shit if he wins the semi 😂

Is he getting sacked if they win the semi?
Yes of course they will win the semi final after only beating one pretty shi#e team all season. They have absolutely no chance of winning semi final. Celtic will score at least 4.

So Hearts have recognised that they are in turmoil - crap home record, canny buy a win hardly and loads of injuries, despite having a very big budget.

It is a pity Levin is away, but McPhee is hardly inspirational either is he?

This is one we have to be fully up for the 3 points, from start to finish, tactically, mentally and physically.

Whatever happens in the cup, they will be drained . . .

Hearts 1  v   2 (or 3)   Saints        goals by Mullen, Obika (and/or McGinn)    3 points and off the bottom of the table   :ninja

Hearts supporter here asked me if I would drive his car to this game he is older hates driving on the mainland.  So going against my feelings towards away pricing will attend this game. Will Hearts have a new manager in place my friend wants Jack Ross.  I think we can score here but Hearts at home is a tough one. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hearts supporter here asked me if I would drive his car to this game he is older hates driving on the mainland.  So going against my feelings towards away pricing will attend this game. Will Hearts have a new manager in place my friend wants Jack Ross.  I think we can score here but Hearts at home is a tough one. 

I'd be surprised if they don't have a new manager by the time this game comes around.

Let's hope they don't get that new manager bounce and we get something, a point wouldn't be bad. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:42 AM, Long John Baldy said:

Hamilton 2 all with RC, Hamilton sitting on 10 points, probably the best result for us.

Maybe I'll start a bottom 5 form thread......................ha ha

image.png.e5d627b7251ca3e2f1e90856b5781661.png