Sign in to follow this  
lugton

Is Twenty Plenty ?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That was a good and clever banner actually but the problem is that when the stand you are occupying is full, it diminishes the message a wee bit.

Not criticising anyone for this though.

What stand was full?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That was a good and clever banner actually but the problem is that when the stand you are occupying is full, it diminishes the message a wee bit.

I'm sure if away tickets were cheaper more provincial clubs away fans  would travel. As an example Going to an away game is a day out for me not just the game cost can be anything from £60 to £80 some £100 I can take my wife out for a meal for that. Will go to cup away games , play off games also. £20 would make me keen. Hard to get the publicity for this press and pundits dont pay to go into games. They have no idea how an away day hits the pocket for value. All clubs fans should be showing a organized banner the same weekend. 

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We only took 300 people there, when our average away support is around 1,100 - 1.200 

No question that people are put off going to grounds when the prices can be as high as £30 

There should be a cap on prices for all away fans, either £15 or £20. It costs a lot a travel and support your team week in week out (especially those with further to travel, the likes of Aberdeen, ICT, Ross County). It isn’t right to continue asking those to pay out travel costs and then an extortionate ticket price on top of that.

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

We only took 300 people there, when our average away support is around 1,100 - 1.200 

No question that people are put off going to grounds when the prices can be as high as £30 

Then I'm mistaken. I thought Div said we had sold out our allocation.

If we only took 300 in total then that's fair enough.

I agree with the sentiment about prices and crowds regardless of how many went anyway.

Midweek was only the second game I've missed this season with part of the reason being cost. I cant afford 2 away games in row when the price of admission is well over £50. There really needs to be a cap on this quickly or prices will continue to rise and attendances will drop for most teams. No more than £25 with £20 being the reasonable figure.  

Game overall is fecked

Falkirk v Clyde £20 !!

You have to drop to League 3 to get less than £13...…………..

Of course with our SFA being skint due to their inability to run our game don't expect anything to change this century

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Then I'm mistaken. I thought Div said we had sold out our allocation.

If we only took 300 in total then that's fair enough.

I agree with the sentiment about prices and crowds regardless of how many went anyway.

Yeah was just non restricted view that sold out... who knows how much that is right enough

Fully support the idea of 20's plenty, but best thing to do is boycott the manky mobs who have the bulk of the Scottish Football money anyway - why give them any more. I know fans want to see our team, but things won't change if we are still giving them £1000 a match or more. (tickets plus food/drink)

We all have priorities on how we spend our money on - spend it wisely, cause when it's gone, you've got to earn more. . .

39 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Fully support the idea of 20's plenty, but best thing to do is boycott the manky mobs who have the bulk of the Scottish Football money anyway - why give them any more. I know fans want to see our team, but things won't change if we are still giving them £1000 a match or more. (tickets plus food/drink)

We all have priorities on how we spend our money on - spend it wisely, cause when it's gone, you've got to earn more. . .

Aye, the "manky mobs" will be in tears at losing £1000.

My goodness, never a dull moment with this airhead. 

Boycotting Rangers and Celtic games is going to make no difference too them at all whatsoever, why the hell would that change anything, would that also make the likes of Hearts reduce their prices i think not. All clubs need to get together and decide how to tackle this.

7 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Boycotting Rangers and Celtic games is going to make no difference too them at all whatsoever, why the hell would that change anything, would that also make the likes of Hearts reduce their prices i think not. All clubs need to get together and decide how to tackle this.

Well said..................well, already been said. 

If that had been a banner by either of the manky mob they’d have forgotten the apostrophe. Nothing surer. 
The green side of the manky mob started the twenty is plenty protest I believe.

My banner would say "Twenty two is plenty too, but if your money grabbing clubs try and charge ours to sell you tickets then shut the f**k up and pay £27".

£22 for all clubs apart from the bigots which is £27 i think.