Aberdeen (A) 0

Motherwell (H) 1point

Hamilton (A) 1 point

Livingston (H) 3 points

St Johnstone (A) 1 point

Celtic (H) 0

Kilmarnock (H) 1point

Rangers (A) 0

Is 14 unrealistic ? If we start scoring ?

14 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I've looked at these games a few times and when I add up the points I think we might get it frightens me.

In fact I'm not even going to predict right now, although the slight bonus is we have 6 at home in this set of games.

You could possibly write off all the away games. ha ha 

Yeah agree

However if we lose 19 away games we are D O W N

LET'S be honest - 1st round of fixtures over and results nowhere near good enough. That said performances have not all been dreadful and we are not detached from any of the bottom 6 teams by very much at all.

All of the next 8 League games are winnable - okay, chances are Aberdeen could thump us and Well won't be an easy fixture, but surely we can do better in this round of fixtures than we managed in the 1st one? And yes that will mean being more ruthless in front of goal.   

I think we can take 13 points.    Anything better would be fab, even 1 less would be decent, anything below 10 means we need to take drastic action in January...  :ninja

I think it’s fair to say although our position is pretty much the same as last term, it’s nowhere near as alarming a situation. Last term we were getting pumped all over the place and we were a disorganised mess. Let’s just say I’m for more confident of us getting out of this position than I was last season. 

Those suggesting we could take 13 points or so are absolutely having a laugh. If we get 13 points I’ll be absolutely gobsmacked. We’re actually a tidy enough team but crucially we never really look like scoring and our away form is absolutely terrible. Sadly I predict a realistic 7 points. 

12 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Those suggesting we could take 13 points or so are absolutely having a laugh. If we get 13 points I’ll be absolutely gobsmacked. We’re actually a tidy enough team but crucially we never really look like scoring and our away form is absolutely terrible. Sadly I predict a realistic 7 points. 

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH …  :holiday

13 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Those that said we would not win LC in 2013 when we had Celtic in Semi

Those that said we would not win league in 2018

Those that said we would not stay up  in 2017

Maybe its " those" that need a more positive outlook

27 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

RC, to me, is a "must win" as it's really hard to see us win any other games.

Both the manager and players need to have a good look at themselves, neither are good enough at this stage.

As I mentioned on the Hearts thread at least Obika took his goal well, that apart, woeful, especially, and alarmingly, in defence. 

Obika is probably the only one I'd give pass marks to today. 

The team are severely lacking a Morgan type.  

I agree with you about the management and players. The team didn't look motivated today , especially 2nd half and that is worrying. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

So far, after 3 games, 3 points.

Not seen Bazil, Mr self appointed Positive.

Thought he'd have went for 33. ha ha 

That mid section of games against Well, Livi, Hamilton and St Johnstone is crucial. 

Need at least 7pts .

16 hours ago, munoz said:

That mid section of games against Well, Livi, Hamilton and St Johnstone is crucial

Need at least 7pts .

I think we need at least 7 against these 3 that I highlighted as they are our real rivals for places near the foot of the table... and yes picking other points from the likes of Motherwell would be most welcome.  With two of these 3 games highlighted away from home, with our away record, I cannot be hopeful we will manage it...hope to be pleasantly surprised though !  Right now I'd bite a hand off for 7 points from these 3 games.

We seem to have the ability to outplay and then lose, we also seem to have the ability to bottle it , even Obika's goal Sat was not meant. Nice football gets you nothing at our level...…….

Well are on form, full of confidence and we are very low...………….

Hmmm 2-1 Well seems pretty predictable, probably the 94th min winner 

Next four games are a great opportunity for us to turn this season around and put some distance between us and the bottom two places. However I have seen far too many times in my life, we have played really well against bigger teams and not taken anything, then went completely missing against clubs similar/ smaller than us. I really hope that won't happen in the coming games but taking nothing for granted. 

10 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Then there were 3. 

Just in the door from that debacle. If Foley at very least isn't back for Saturday,  I fear the worse. Tonight we looked like a mid table Championship team.

Edited by munoz