Second Quarter Points Prediction

munoz

So six points gained to date then. Thankfully three away from home for first time. What l think is crucial is picking something from next two games. Two problems still face us. One we hardly score any goals even when we play well. Two our performances both within and between games is very unpredictable

4 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

So six points gained to date then. Thankfully three away from home for first time. What l think is crucial is picking something from next two games. Two problems still face us. One we hardly score any goals even when we play well. Two our performances both within and between games is very unpredictable

Yip 8 points from 1st round of fixtures and we are on 6 already for this round with 5 games still to play.

Even 1 win from the next 2 games is an improvement, but 4 or 6 points would be most welcome. I don't fancy our chances in the later 3 matches, though the way Livi demolished Killies must give us some hope we can take something from them...

We have actually not had very many bad performances - plenty rotten results, but other than Hearts and Well we have competed pretty well in most matches (post League Cup) ...

Edited by Sweeper07

On 11/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, Long John Baldy said:

8 points, maybe 10 if we sneak a win where I see a draw.

Hard to see us winning any games, draws, aye, 0-0 snorefests. 

Going to be a long couple of months. 

Decent prediction on the points (at this moment in time) we can achieve although a tad daft on saying we couldn't win a game as to achieve 8-10 would need an awful lot of draws. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, Long John Baldy said:

Games in the 2nd set of games are as follows:

Hearts (A)

Ross County (H)

Hibs (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Motherwell (H)

Hamilton (A)

Livingston (H)

St Johnstone (A)

Celtic (H)

Kilmarnock (H)

Rangers (A)

7 points right now, today is easily our best chance to add to that. 

My prediction before any of these games started of 8-10 points is still looking good.

I also predicted 8 for the first set of games. :wink:

A lot riding on today IMO.

I see no points, 1 at best, after today. 

On 11/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, Sweeper07 said:

I think we need at least 7 against these 3 that I highlighted as they are our real rivals for places near the foot of the table... and yes picking other points from the likes of Motherwell would be most welcome.  With two of these 3 games highlighted away from home, with our away record, I cannot be hopeful we will manage it...hope to be pleasantly surprised though !  Right now I'd bite a hand off for 7 points from these 3 games.

Win today and we reach  7 points from these three games. 

On 12/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, faraway saint said:

8 points, 2 games remain.

We have to have some hope against Killie, lost 4 from the last 5, with only a point to show from a possible 15.

11 points, outwith my 8-10 prediction 10 games ago, with Rangers still to play.

Would have been costly not taking advantage of Killie's dreadful form today. 

They are in freefall. 

16 hours ago, munoz said:

A wee point at Ibrox and my 12 point prediction is up. 

I think your prediction is the best in this thread - a number thinking 10 would be our best, others thinking even less, and at 11 we have surpassed this.

I predicted 13 at best and that even a point or two less would still be a big improvement - IF we win the last game in this group of fixtures we would have 14 points for that period. Of course that is highly unlikely, but no fan dared to dream that many... If we manage a draw and hit 12 that would be really fab. :happyclapper

However, it is the 3rd set of fixtures and the split that will determine the prizes, relegation and the play-offs.

It is hard to believe that Hearts and Killie are playing so badly and picking up so little at this time. We just need to do better than RC, Hamilton and any one of Killie, Fakes or Hearts and we will be fine...

So when's the thread for 3rd set of fixtures being launched?   8 plus 11 or 12 plus how many ? I think we must aim for 14 - 16  (4 wins 4 draws, so long as the wins are mainly against rivals)  A couple of brilliant signings and a couple of really good signings would not go amiss for us either !

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, sitting on 11, not too bad, that will probably be 19 from 66.

Third set of games looming up, going yo be a roller coaster and will go down to the last few games IMO to see if we are safe. 

Hope I'm wrong and we're sitting on 14 pts for this quarter by 10pm.

Edited by munoz

On 12/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, Sweeper07 said:

I think your prediction is the best in this thread - a number thinking 10 would be our best, others thinking even less, and at 11 we have surpassed this.

I predicted 13 at best and that even a point or two less would still be a big improvement - IF we win the last game in this group of fixtures we would have 14 points for that period. Of course that is highly unlikely, but no fan dared to dream that many... If we manage a draw and hit 12 that would be really fab. :happyclapper

However, it is the 3rd set of fixtures and the split that will determine the prizes, relegation and the play-offs.

It is hard to believe that Hearts and Killie are playing so badly and picking up so little at this time. We just need to do better than RC, Hamilton and any one of Killie, Fakes or Hearts and we will be fine...

So when's the thread for 3rd set of fixtures being launched?   8 plus 11 or 12 plus how many ? I think we must aim for 14 - 16  (4 wins 4 draws, so long as the wins are mainly against rivals)  A couple of brilliant signings and a couple of really good signings would not go amiss for us either !

Go for it Sweeper. 

On 12/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, DougJamie said:

This was fun. Another 11 for next ten we can look forward to another season in top flight. Killie are mince

At close of play tonight we also have the best goal difference in the bottom five. Might be important at the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Any aspirations to a Top 6 finish are now gone and we;re in a mini-league of 5 - our priority has to be to remain above Hamilton and hope the chaos at Hearts continues.

I'm still think the Fakes and County can be hauled in, but I agree that the priority is 10th now.