Worst Managers ever!?!

DougJamie

In light of Craig "morose" Levein finally getting the bullet, be interesting to see who you think would be the worse managers of all time...……. harder than you think as most have had success but some haven't...………hence why Stubbs isn't there ...............my top 5

1- Mark McGhee- ok had a wee flutter at Well but overall what a fanny

2- Bertie Vogts- What did this guy ever do?

3. Alan Pardew- Never won anything bar a head butting contest

4. Tommy Craig- Wasnt just shite with us but matched his 10% win rate in Belgium

5. Gary Neville- Apart from the fact he has the worst voice on telly what a whallopper- Valencia and Salford 

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

In light of Craig "morose" Levein finally getting the bullet, be interesting to see who you think would be the worse managers of all time...……. harder than you think as most have had success but some haven't...………hence why Stubbs isn't there ...............my top 5

1- Mark McGhee- ok had a wee flutter at Well but overall what a fanny

2- Bertie Vogts- What did this guy ever do?

3. Alan Pardew- Never won anything bar a head butting contest

4. Tommy Craig- Wasnt just shite with us but matched his 10% win rate in Belgium

5. Gary Neville- Apart from the fact he has the worst voice on telly what a whallopper- Valencia and Salford 

Other than managing the European Championship runners-up in 92 and winning Euro 96 both with Germany absolutely nothing!!

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
2 hours ago, delpierro said:
Davy Hay's, tenure at St Mirren, was an unmitigated disaster.

Second only to Tommy Craig!

Sorry but I can't agree with this.

Yes, if the OP had intended the responses to be limited to ex-St Mirren managers then these are the two main contenders IMO. But Craig wasn't our worst ever manager.

Craig was an utter incompetent, entirely clueless, and an imposter in the post. Shameless but not immoral. A shockingly poor appointment undoubtedly.

But even worse was Hay. Neither incompetent nor clueless, but he was happy to do deals that were intentionally anti-St Mirren. He used his substantial player budget to sign his old pals, a shitload of ex-Celtic duds with career-ending injuries looking only for a pension boost. Unforgiveable by Hay, a piece of utter vermin.

20 hours ago, DougJamie said:

It just had to be my home team in Belgium who endured this useless c**t as well.

The season before wasn’t great and John Collins left the job. Stefan Demol took over and was poor, followed by fecking Csaba Laszlo, and the final nail was this useless tosser.

I used to post on P+B and had a massive rant when we employed him as a coach, saying it would end in disaster. As expected I was told to shut up, but the inevitable happened and when he took over from Danny I knew we were f**ked. I still can’t believe we allowed Danny to go with this turd as the replacement.

Thankfully Charleroi recovered quite quickly, secured immediate promotion back to the top flight and have been pretty decent since.

Guest TPAFKATS
It just had to be my home team in Belgium who endured this useless c**t as well.
The season before wasn’t great and John Collins left the job. Stefan Demol took over and was poor, followed by fecking Csaba Laszlo, and the final nail was this useless tosser.
I used to post on P+B and had a massive rant when we employed him as a coach, saying it would end in disaster. As expected I was told to shut up, but the inevitable happened and when he took over from Danny I knew we were f**ked. I still can’t believe we allowed Danny to go with this turd as the replacement.
Thankfully Charleroi recovered quite quickly, secured immediate promotion back to the top flight and have been pretty decent since.
You're a jinx...

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

You're a jinx...

Hopefully the next time there’s a Charleroi-St Mirren crossover it’ll be the next Sir Alex or Pep, then you’ll be worshipping me 😉

On 11/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, eastlandssaint said:

I saw Tommy Craig as an interim appointment - he was 63 when he took over the top job with us (just seeing things through till his pension :spud5 ) with Goodwin & Teale as his backup team. My opinion remains that the Board's intention was for Craig to mentor and then hand over to G&T (albeit not in that order) at the end of his contract.

What is Gary Teale doing these days?

Edited by Bud the Baker