Current Form Table

Not much between 7 sides over the previous 6 sets of League matches. I will attach the table below.

Reality is we were 2nd worse during these games, but the Hammers were even worse.  RC's goal difference took a battering too...

My hope and expectation is that this is the lowest point. JG has the team playing a bit better now and when the goals start rolling in, we will shoot up the form and league tables.

I will post an update every so often.  We have a real chance of winning matches over the next 8 fixtures - I hope we can win at least 3 of these and a few draws...   :ninja

Played       Won      Drawn    Lost     Goals F    Goals A  Difference   Points won

6 St Johnstone 6 2 1 3 6 11 -5 7
LLDLWW
7 Hearts 6 1 3 2 3 4 -1 6
WdLDdL
8 Ross County 6 1 3 2 6 15 -9 6
WdDLDL
9 Hibernian 6 0 5 1 8 9 -1 5
LDDDDD
10 Livingston 6 1 2 3 6 8 -2 5
LLWLdD
11 St Mirren 6 1 2 3 2 5 -3 5
ddLWLL
12 Hamilton 6 1 2 3 5 11 -6 5
dWLDLL
Edited by Sweeper07
Titles added

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Sweeper, this isn't really relevant

Look who has played who...………. Ross County have had Ugly Sisters and away at Hibs in last 3...……..

The Form table shows us 12th …………..

If we want to improve this, just keep looking at the League table:wink:

OF course it is relevant - that is why you can find these tables on all the main football web sites. We played Tic during this period too.

So when we come back to the form table in a months time, we can see who we have gained on over that period AND of course that will translate in the actual League table.

If it is not for you fine. The fact that the forum attention seeking clown simply uses it as another way to abuse me is fine too - he is due a permanent ban anyway. His form is very very low always anyway! :bounce2

11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

OF course it is relevant - that is why you can find these tables on all the main football web sites. We played Tic during this period too.

So when we come back to the form table in a months time, we can see who we have gained on over that period AND of course that will translate in the actual League table.

If it is not for you fine. The fact that the forum attention seeking clown simply uses it as another way to abuse me is fine too - he is due a permanent ban anyway. His form is very very low always anyway! :bounce2

Fair play to starting a thread, but I do feel it’s more important to look at the table where all teams have met once instead of a form table which shows some who may have played the bigots twice, and some who won’t have, it does leave it a bit skewed. The table at 11,22,33 and 38 games concern me the most (or 9,28,27,36 if we were lower league). It’s the only time you have a true reflection of where you actually stand.

Off subject..Why are there so many morans at the BBC. Today under Celtic 30 in a row bore states...                   "Worse was to come as St Mirren, then in the Championship, stunned Celtic in the last four before his final season brought another huge upset..".... well here was me think we played top flight football. In 2013. ???

12 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Fair play to starting a thread, but I do feel it’s more important to look at the table where all teams have met once instead of a form table which shows some who may have played the bigots twice, and some who won’t have, it does leave it a bit skewed. The table at 11,22,33 and 38 games concern me the most (or 9,28,27,36 if we were lower league). It’s the only time you have a true reflection of where you actually stand.

OF course you are correct in high lighting the bigger picture - what the form tables show though is the more recent picture: Of course it is skewed by who each team plays, but it lets us see if we are gaining or losing anything to our competitors in the short term and what kind of run each team is on.

There will be surprise results like us beating the Dons too though! Yet the reality is we need wins against our nearest rivals rather than draws or narrow defeats !

Here's hoping we string some results together, just like the Fakes have these last 2 games - until that point they had not won and were rooted at the foot of the table.. a couple of wins in the next 2 - 4 games and we will be above them and others I would think...  :magic

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
6 St Johnstone 6 2 2 2 8 11 -3 8
DLWWLD
7 St Mirren 6 2 0 4 7 11 -4 6
WLLLWL
8 Motherwell 6 2 0 4 6 12 -6 6
LLWWLL
9 Hearts 6 1 2 3 6 8 -2 5
LDdLWL
10 Hamilton 6 0 3 3 8 12 -4 3
DLLDDL
11 Livingston 6 0 2 4 4 12 -8 2
LdDLLL
12 Ross County 6 0 2 4 6 19 -13 2
LDLDLL

Careful, Lohn John says this kind of analysis isn't allowed... 

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Careful, Lohn John says this kind of analysis isn't allowed... 

Technically, showing data without interpretation is not analysis. You are a stats person. You're supposed to know this stuff. :P

What is interesting is that regardless of who is playing who, more than half the teams in this league are having a f**king dreadful season and can't string more than 2 wins together. Any team which can put 3 good wins together is going to storm away from the "peleton".

Edited by oaksoft

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Technically, showing data without interpretation is not analysis. You are a stats person. You're supposed to know this stuff. :P

What is interesting is that regardless of who is playing who, more than half the teams in this league are having a f**king dreadful season and can't string more than 2 wins together. Any team which can put 3 good wins together is going to storm away from the "peleton".

Still with the desperation to show where I'm wrong eh? Yep I'll give you that one, there wasn't any analysis, although I was referring to Baldy not liking the stats used for analysis, as per another thread we engaged on. 😁

I'm not sure if your last part is all that "interesting" seems to be how most seasons go, only real difference this season is we don't have two teams that have had an even worse start than you describe. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Technically, showing data without interpretation is not analysis. You are a stats person. You're supposed to know this stuff. [emoji14]
Gruppetto or autobus as opposed to peloton?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Still with the desperation to show where I'm wrong eh? Yep I'll give you that one, there wasn't any analysis, although I was referring to Baldy not liking the stats used for analysis, as per another thread we engaged on. 😁

I'm not sure if your last part is all that "interesting" seems to be how most seasons go, only real difference this season is we don't have two teams that have had an even worse start than you describe. 

My  "last bit" may not have been interesting but at least I provided some analysis to let you see what such a thing looked like. :P

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Technically, showing data without interpretation is not analysis. You are a stats person. You're supposed to know this stuff. emoji14.png

You're probably right. They are all drugs cheats anyway so it doesn't really matter.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Technically, showing data without interpretation is not analysis. You are a stats person. You're supposed to know this stuff. emoji14.png

Thanks cool.

I’d also assumed it was peleton.

Every day’s a school day.  :)