Ross Wallace

1 minute ago, lugton said:

Not really.

He was good at waving to the fans

A few players like that can be the difference between staying up and going down. I'd say Anton played his part towards the end of last season, also had a positive influence in the dressing room

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Why are you so against him? He's got experience in the EPL, should be more than good enough for us if he is fit. If not, can play a part where required and adds some experience to the dressing room

"He's got experience"... like Kpwenka?

he came to us, hadn't played in ages And ended up costing a fortune to terminate!

i've got nothing against the player, just that it seems to be a trait of struggling managets to overfill their squad with unfit, non playing old pros who end up just costing you money, and deliver little.

39 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I can see the sense in it if he's ok at LB and if the club happens to know that Waters is heading back to Killie. It would also give us a left back for Killie games.

Presumably he's a free agent so could be signed any time, as opposed to waiting for the window?

Again, he is a midfielder, if we want to play them out of position we could save a bundle and put Erahon back in at LB.

7 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Pains me to say but i agree with the last couple of comments

We have a squad of non goal scoring midfielders

We need to score goals it's that simple

Billy Stark and Andy Dorman please apply

If I was being pedantic midfielder Magennis has scored this season (1), and whether Andreu (1) is a striker or has played in midfield is a mute point - but he has scored too.

However, our midfielders are not creating many goal assists either... Magennis (1)

I think whoever else we sign, other than a LB or CB, MUST be a creator and scorer of goals. Hopeful any LB or CB too could rattle in some goals and have assists also though. :magic

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

"He's got experience"... like Kpwenka?

he came to us, hadn't played in ages And ended up costing a fortune to terminate!

i've got nothing against the player, just that it seems to be a trait of struggling managets to overfill their squad with unfit, non playing old pros who end up just costing you money, and deliver little.

How does Ross Wallace compare to Kpekawa? I don't get your angle here. Kpekawa was only 22 

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, but he had 'big club' experience at a higher level. And look how that panned out.
Like Alan Gow, and that bloke from Hamilton last season.

He has a history of being a good steady versatile player who had gave good honest shifts throughout his career , no history of being a wage their , a season and a half contract would make decent sense . 

He has a history of being a good steady versatile player who had gave good honest shifts throughout his career , no history of being a wage their , a season and a half contract would make decent sense . 
I get his history but he hasn't played 90 mins since last season. Is he worth a risk? Is he better than what we already have in midfield?
Jeez we are crying out for a goalscorer, and a replacement left back for January.
Midfielders we have in abundance, our own youngsters cant get a game! How does that benefit us going forward?

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, but he had 'big club' experience at a higher level. And look how that panned out.
Like Alan Gow, and that bloke from Hamilton last season.

So any player who's got big club experience is shite because Alan Gow and Kpekawa weren't up to scratch? 

On that basis we shouldn't sign anyone - just in case they don't pan out

If Goodwin has brought him in, he obviously thinks he could improve the squad. Not sure why you've got such an aversion to Ross Wallace. Always seemed a decent player, has played at a good level, and from what I know of him - is a bit of a character in a dressing room

So any player who's got big club experience is shite because Alan Gow and Kpekawa weren't up to scratch? 
On that basis we shouldn't sign anyone - just in case they don't pan out
If Goodwin has brought him in, he obviously thinks he could improve the squad. Not sure why you've got such an aversion to Ross Wallace. Always seemed a decent player, has played at a good level, and from what I know of him - is a bit of a character in a dressing room
Flip that..

So we should just sign any 34 year old midfielder who once played at a big club, but last played 6 mins for Fleetwood. Despite the fact we have a surfeit of midfielders, but no one to put the ball in the onion sack, or a left back after Christmas.
Is an another ageing midfielder what we need right now?

Guest TPAFKATS
If he's an improvement on what we have,  he should be signed. 
You'd imagine he's been keeping himself fit the last couple of months so it shouldn't take that long getting himself match fit. 
Looking at the double chin in the picture posted of him training earlier, it doesn't look like he's been keeping himself fit [emoji1]

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Looking at the double chin in the picture posted of him training earlier, it doesn't look like he's been keeping himself fit emoji1.png

Charlie Adam and Basher had the same chiseled look. Might just have that sort of build. 

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I get his history but he hasn't played 90 mins since last season. Is he worth a risk? Is he better than what we already have in midfield?
Jeez we are crying out for a goalscorer, and a replacement left back for January.
Midfielders we have in abundance, our own youngsters cant get a game! How does that benefit us going forward?

My hope is that he could be the guy that creates in wide positions , a bit like what we expected from Kyle McAllister . He can play his way to fitness over the next few months , but could still be effective for parts of the game whilst he does that.