Sportsman's Dinner

BuddieinEK

Just in from a Sportsman's dinner... Amazing night. So funny. Run meticulously by the good people of EK Golf Club.

Raised an incredible £9,000 between two charities.... One being EK Dementia Carers, the other Kilbryde Hospice.

People were beyond generous with their support and encouragement.

Also have a local garage offering free service and mot for our minibus! More about that to follow!

All that... A great free meal... and I'm sore with laughter thanks to speakers Bill Leckie and John Gaughan who were hillarious.

John Gaughan in particular was the funniest and most accomplished after dinner speaker I've heard... Up with the top comedians I've seen at the Fringe.

Highly recommend going to see him if you ever get the chance.IMG_20191109_005855.jpeg

Seen John twice. I hope he did the ballerina sketch [emoji23]

Was at the top table for the second of the times and didn't even try and compete with him with the introduction.
I had the honour of sitting beside him at the top table... Great guy to talk to. Genuinely nice.

Worked me into his routine!

Told everyone we did a 10k together... ...

He did it in short bursts.
I did it in burst shorts!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ve had the pleasure of listening to John Gaughan a couple of time’s and he has always been excellent.

I’ve only seen Bill Leckie once and it was at a BB display where he was the guest of honour at his old Brigade, was really good with all the boys and you could see the genuine affection and respect that he had for the leaders many of whom were there when he was a boy. His books are excellent too. 

Well done on the fund raising. 

• 3 years later...

Last year it was John Rowbotham and Tam Cowan. Both hilarious.

Raised 9k for the two characters.

That sum was surprised tonight with main speaker Alan Tait, former European Tour golfer.

He followed the guy in this photo.

Any guesses who he is?IMG_20231028_001631.thumb.jpg.ec636fac478070221ee376805535b6c0.jpg

Edited by BuddieinEK

That sum was surprised tonight with main speaker Alan Tait, former European Tour golfer.
Any guesses who he is?IMG_20231028_001631.thumb.jpg.ec636fac478070221ee376805535b6c0.jpg
Dunno, but he looks as surprised as the sum. [emoji16]

13 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Two characters?

Oops.

Two charities. Honest.

He played for 14 clubs, including 2 in the USA.

He scored against us at Love Street in a crucial relegation struggle in a 1-0 defeat for us in front of a massive crowd! His team still ended up being relegated. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Two characters?

Oops.

Two charities. Honest.

He played for 14 clubs, including 2 in the USA.

He scored against us at Love Street in a crucial relegation struggle in a 1-0 defeat for us in front of a massive crowd! His team still ended up being relegated. 

Total sellout at Love Street that Monday night .

For non season ticket holders, only five pounds per head.. It may also have been on live TV. Can't remember for sure.