Sign in to follow this  
freethinker

Jim Goodwin Out, Jack Ross Ross In

We need to move fast before Ross is snapped up by Hearts or Hibs.

Legend Goody isn't working and I don't think it will.

Jim must be shown the door today . 

There is a good chance Ross wont come back, but we must try for him.

Goodwin is finished at St Mirren

We need to move fast before Ross is snapped up by Hearts or Hibs.
Legend Goody isn't working and I don't think it will.
Jim must be shown the door today . 
There is a good chance Ross wont come back, but we must try for him.
Goodwin is finished at St Mirren

Get a grip ya walloper

We have a fortnight before the County match. We need somebody in pronto. Probably not Ross as he is likely to head elsewhere for more money. Goody must be mutually consented immediately. We are dire. We need a miracle worker.

We should have persevered with Alan Stubbs

7 minutes ago, freethinker said:

We have a fortnight before the County match. We need somebody in pronto. Probably not Ross as he is likely to head elsewhere for more money. Goody must be mutually consented immediately. We are dire. We need a miracle worker.

You are definitely taking the piss. 

Jack Ross in all likelihood would relegate this squad. It took him 5 months to start picking up points at a decent rate when he first joined us. He inherited a Championship squad with Jason Naismith, Gary MacKenzie, Gary Irvine, Lewis Morgan, Kyle McAllister, Stevie Mallan, Kyle Magennis, Lawrence Shankland all at his disposal and took us on a run of 6 straight league defeats. Even after shipping out 11 players and bringing in 11 new players in January it took a while until things clicked. Over his tenure (which lasted 20 months or so) Jack Ross signed around 50 players in 3 transfer windows.

Goodwin has the right idea. Try and identify the right players within our price range and sign them for a few years and try and improve them. His success rate with signings has been reasonable with defenders (not a great day to make this point) and midfielders. It's not a huge surprise that we have struggled to find a good striker or winger with the money we can offer, and although I think we are lacking up front at least Obika has begun to gradually find the back of the net over the last few games.

46 minutes ago, freethinker said:

Think you require medical assistance.

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Jack Ross in all likelihood would relegate this squad. It took him 5 months to start picking up points at a decent rate when he first joined us. He inherited a Championship squad with Jason Naismith, Gary MacKenzie, Gary Irvine, Lewis Morgan, Kyle McAllister, Stevie Mallan, Kyle Magennis, Lawrence Shankland all at his disposal and took us on a run of 6 straight league defeats. Even after shipping out 11 players and bringing in 11 new players in January it took a while until things clicked. Over his tenure (which lasted 20 months or so) Jack Ross signed around 50 players in 3 transfer windows.

Goodwin has the right idea. Try and identify the right players within our price range and sign them for a few years and try and improve them. His success rate with signings has been reasonable with defenders (not a great day to make this point) and midfielders. It's not a huge surprise that we have struggled to find a good striker or winger with the money we can offer, and although I think we are lacking up front at least Obika has begun to gradually find the back of the net over the last few games.

Midfield is our main problem. Too many players of a similar type. 

Let’s keep it simple we are woeful! The bottom line is we are way behind teams that we should be ahead of all day long again ! We are in free fall again A root and branch clear out required! CEO is a great guy but not in this role Gus???? And so on we keep shouting ourselves in the foot ! Why are unable to get better after a few years of getting back to SPL?

Who would even touch our managers job. As said in a previous comment jack ross did not get instant results it took 2 transfer windows. In Goodwin I have faith. I have bee  a season tickets holder for ten years and this is st mirren take good with the bad. Just now we need a bit of luck and things will turn  around. 

Who would even touch our managers job. As said in a previous comment jack ross did not get instant results it took 2 transfer windows. In Goodwin I have faith. I have bee  a season tickets holder for ten years and this is st mirren take good with the bad. Just now we need a bit of luck and things will turn  around. 
There are just too many people for whom football is their one focus in life. These are the sort of people who may go home and beat their wives when their team loses. It looks like we may have a few of them in our support too. They are basically child-like imbeciles who think they know better than football managers (they don't), think they can play better than professional footballers (they can't) and think that they, as a customer of a company, have the right to dictate who that company employs (they don't). You know, the same sort of person who thinks they can abuse anybody in the service industry because "the customer's always right". Or, as I like to call them, complete f**king dafties.

Just my tuppence worth. :)

11 hours ago, ironsaints87 said:

Ffs no chance he come back he’s bigger than us now we couldn’t pay his wages. End of

I think we've got to persevere with Goodwin but Ross is currently unemployed & my opinion is that his next football job is likely to be at our level.