Sign in to follow this  
freethinker

Jim Goodwin Out, Jack Ross Ross In

Is it, or is it not a fact that Scott came out saying Oran wanted to fly in and out every day?
Let's keep it really simple for you.
Excuse me, but I asked for you to supply evidence, I never asked you to get me to supply you with evidence.

You made the assertions, it's on you to supply the evidence. That's how simple it really is ... and yet you seem unable to understand that.

If, hypothetically, I said that you are a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts you would, quite rightly, ask me to provide evidence of my assertion.

For clarity, I'm NOT saying that you are a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts, it's just an example and I have no evidence whether you are, or are not, a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts.

I hope you're not offended by me using you being accused of being a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts as a hypothetical example to demonstrate my point.

9 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Excuse me, but I asked for you to supply evidence, I never asked you to get me to supply you with evidence.

You made the assertions, it's on you to supply the evidence. That's how simple it really is ... and yet you seem unable to understand that.

If, hypothetically, I said that you are a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts you would, quite rightly, ask me to provide evidence of my assertion.

For clarity, I'm NOT saying that you are a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts, it's just an example and I have no evidence whether you are, or are not, a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts.

I hope you're not offended by me using you being accused of being a short, fat, ugly, wife-beating paedo with a small penis and genital warts as a hypothetical example to demonstrate my point.

The point he is (deliberately) missing with his “is it or is it not a fact...etc” is that what you are saying is that you don’t know if it’s a fact or not and you’re merely asking him to provide evidence to support his claim that it is. He’s not very clever like that.

The point he is (deliberately) missing with his “is it or is it not a fact...etc” is that what you are saying is that you don’t know if it’s a fact or not and you’re merely asking him to provide evidence to support his claim that it is. He’s not very clever like that.
Yeah, I thought it was obvious that that was what I was saying.

Nothing again!
That really is your M.O. just slag off posters but don't have the guts to put your own argument/point out there.
It is a fact that Scott insisted Oran wanted to fly in and out every day. But since it's a fact, you want nothing to do with it as you cant slag it off.
You are funny in your persistence, waiting for the next 'nothing's come back.

So it would be easy for the poster who offers nothing to show EVIDENCE that it isn't a fact then?
Thanks for backing my point up.

LMFAO at the poster who says nothing.

Ten second search, bbc website.
"However, on Tuesday he claimed that Kearney - who has been replaced by Jim Goodwin - wanted to return to Northern Ireland more regularly.
"I think he wanted to commute literally on a daily basis, which to me was unacceptable," Scott said. "But we'd moved on and come to a compromise but that obviously wasn't enough for him.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
In your element - having a pop at our chairman ! emoji460.png

You can't take the piss out of someone who gives it away for free!   (POT KETTLE BLACK)

You mean its nice being on the dishing it out side rather than your usual... :whistle

LMFAO at the poster who says nothing.

Ten second search, bbc website.
"However, on Tuesday he claimed that Kearney - who has been replaced by Jim Goodwin - wanted to return to Northern Ireland more regularly.
"I think he wanted to commute literally on a daily basis, which to me was unacceptable," Scott said. "But we'd moved on and come to a compromise but that obviously wasn't enough for him.

You do know you provided evidence that proved you wrong?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nothing again!
That really is your M.O. just slag off posters but don't have the guts to put your own argument/point out there.
It is a fact that Scott insisted Oran wanted to fly in and out every day. But since it's a fact, you want nothing to do with it as you cant slag it off.

The point is, I'm not trying to put a point or argument across.  I asked you to provide evidence, you, as yet, haven't.  I'm not trying to slag off anything.  I have made no claims for or against your assertion and you taking the defensive and trying to get me to commit to one side or the other is, along with your lack of evidence, very telling regarding the strength of your position on your assertions.

You can come back with your "nothing" patter again but it is making you look quite childish.  It's clearly obvious that you have a personal vendetta against GS, does it annoy you that he probably never thinks about you, if he even knows that you exist?

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Yeah, I thought it was obvious that that was what I was saying. emoji38.png

So it would be easy for the poster who offers nothing to show EVIDENCE that it isn't a fact then?

You really do have comprehension issues, don't you?

It is a fact that Scott insisted Oran wanted to fly in and out every day

"I think he wanted to commute literally on a daily basis ..." Scott said

52 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You do know you provided evidence that proved you wrong?

You're correct, Cockles.  He'll deny it, though.  I think he could be using this thread as his audition to be a politician.

A see goody said AGAIN we set up to hit them on the break,at home with one striker that is very sad in my eyes:and worst statement ever he said,junior,Danny and obika stay back and and have finishing practice,so do we have striker coach now?because if those 3 are left to teach each other then no wonder they are rubbish,blind leading the blind springs to mind

48 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

A see goody said AGAIN we set up to hit them on the break,at home with one striker that is very sad in my eyes:and worst statement ever he said,junior,Danny and obika stay back and and have finishing practice,so do we have striker coach now?because if those 3 are left to teach each other then no wonder they are rubbish,blind leading the blind springs to mind

1. Our tactics seemed to be spot on. Completely stopped them playing for the majority of the game and they only managed one shot on target from open play, a deflection that resulted in a goal. At the other end we created several changes and yes, should have taken them. They also relied on chopping down our players to break-up potential one on one occasions on no less than three occasions. 

2. Last year people were moaning on here because we had too many backroom staff. Club just can't win 🤣

The point is, I'm not trying to put a point or argument across.  I asked you to provide evidence, you, as yet, haven't.  I'm not trying to slag off anything.  I have made no claims for or against your assertion and you taking the defensive and trying to get me to commit to one side or the other is, along with your lack of evidence, very telling regarding the strength of your position on your assertions.

You can come back with your "nothing" patter again but it is making you look quite childish.  It's clearly obvious that you have a personal vendetta against GS, does it annoy you that he probably never thinks about you, if he even knows that you exist?
If you'd stopped at your first line above that had it covered.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you'd stopped at your first line above that had it covered.

The point is, I'm not trying to put a point or argument across.  I asked you to provide evidence, you, as yet, haven't.  I'm not trying to slag off anything.  I have made no

It would be a bit silly stopping there. it's obviously mid sentence.  That's when viewing on my secondary monitor at work.

The point is, I'm not trying to put a point or

That's where the first line ends on my phone, still mid sentence.

Really, without knowing exactly what size of screen you are viewing it on and whether you have "zoomed" or not, I couldn't even guess at where you think the first line ends.  Though, some may say that you definitely have "zoomed".

Edited by Slartibartfast

On 11/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, Lord Pityme said:

I'm going to list the assertions that you have made so far (in this thread alone) that require evidence to back them up.

Scott's ego and petulance has f**ked us right over.  The way he and McPherson set about undermining Oran was a disgrace, now the whole club is paying for their amateurism.  Our fortunes wont change whilst wee are run by little man syndrome.

1. GS is petulant

2. We have been f**ked right over.

3. That GS and/or GM undermined OK

4. If they did, that it was a disgrace.

5. They have been amateurish

6. The whole club is paying for it.

7. We are run by little man syndrome

8. If 7 is true, then our fortunes won't change

On 11/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Perhaps you missed the fabricated story they put out suggesting Oran wanted to fly in and out every day!
They.. tried to do a flyer on him, pressuring through media and social media to get him to move, even though Scott had sanctioned his travel once a week. And their amateurism backfired yet again costing the club a small fortune in yet another compo deal!
But perhaps you believe he wanted to take 10-12 flights a week and not go on any scouting trips?

9. The story was fabricated

10. They put it out

11. They tried to do a flyer on him (whatever that means???)

12. They pressured through media

13. They pressured through social media

14. They were amateurish

15. If they were, that it backfired

16. As it is unclear what your "yet again" refers to, due to your lack of punctuation, one of the following 2:

16a. If it backfired "yet again", that there were previous instances of it backfiring

16b. If it "yet again" cost the club a small fortune, that there had been previous small fortunes paid out in compo

17. That it did actually cost the club a small fortune

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And you responded exactly as I thought, with f**k all of interest or worthy of debate.

18. That I was trying to put forward something for debate and not simply trying to get you to answer a f**king question.

20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So are you now saying Scott did not say that Oran wanted to fly in and out every day? Where's your evidence lol...

19. Where I said that GS did not say that

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah you said nothing... Again!
Strong debating stance there

20. How "something" is the same as "nothing"

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nothing again!

21. Same as 20

22. That I have an M.O.

24. That I was slagging anyone

25. That I don't "have the guts" to put my own argument/point out there

26. That I actually have an argument/point to put out there regarding your assertions before you show what evaluable evidence you have

27. That it is a fact that GS insisted what you say

28. That I want nothing to do with it if it is a fact

29. I am funny

30. I am persistent

31. That I would need to provide evidence for something that I'm not claiming

You can't take the piss out of someone who gives it away for free!

32. That you "can't take the piss out of someone who gives it away for free"

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
18 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sorry don't see you referencing any actual evidence there. Keep trying lol

There is LOADS of evidence there that YOU MAKE UP STUFF and therefore ha NO EVIDENCE to support your assertions..   :hammer

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
24 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sorry don't see you referencing any actual evidence there. Keep trying lol

The only thing that I need to provide evidence for is my assertion that you have asserted lots of stuff without evidence.  The post you are replying to is all the evidence that I need that my assertion is true.

You're not very good at this game, are you?