Scott & McPherson

Just because we gained more points doesn’t necessarily mean we are better. It doesn’t stop the fact that we were bottom after the first round of games. There is no cannon fodder akin to that of ourselves, Accies and Dundee from last season. With Hibs and Hearts likely to pull away in the next few games, we will be left adrift. If we are lucky, the Fakes won’t get any better, and hopefully Accies or County can be kept down. But it doesn’t look like the same battle as last season, and as a result we need to be targeting 35+ points. If things don’t improve soon we aren’t going to be getting anywhere near that, and we haven’t got a Dundee this time around to bail us out.
So negative.
We're a much better bottom of the league.
That's still progress.
If we get relegated but gain just one more point than last season, that too will be great progress!
You're such a pessimist! [emoji12]

9 minutes ago, div said:

There are actually St.Mirren "supporters" who WANT our team to fail.

Let that sink in. How f**king sad is that!

The thing is Goodwin hasn't became a shit manager over night, he  did a good job at Alloa and he's had one short transfer window (not his fault, just circumstances). I don't always agree with every decision made by GS but this isn't his fault! We are a team in transition and supporters need to be patient. I believe we have a great coaching staff and backroom team at the club and this will bear fruit as long as we don't press the panic button and instead try and get some stability at the club for the first time in years.

There's a difference between being positive (it can't be proved and is just claiming to be better fans than those you disagree with) and sycophantic :rolleyes:, even GLS admitted the DoF role failed this summer when he said we're "behind the curve" at present - there's no point pretending there was ever a masterplan.

@div I very much doubt whether anyone who posts on here wants the club to do badly and to suggest that some do is just dramaqueenery.

Guest TPAFKATS
And yet, by all accounts, the club were still going after OK's transfer targets, and then had to change tack super quickly to focus on Goodwin's targets.

OK didn't have any transfer targets apart from Kyle McAllister and Popescu. He didn't even have any ideas on who should replace Jimmy Nicholl as his assistant.

Guest TPAFKATS
Just because we gained more points doesn’t necessarily mean we are better. It doesn’t stop the fact that we were bottom after the first round of games. There is no cannon fodder akin to that of ourselves, Accies and Dundee from last season. With Hibs and Hearts likely to pull away in the next few games, we will be left adrift. If we are lucky, the Fakes won’t get any better, and hopefully Accies or County can be kept down. But it doesn’t look like the same battle as last season, and as a result we need to be targeting 35+ points. If things don’t improve soon we aren’t going to be getting anywhere near that, and we haven’t got a Dundee this time around to bail us out.
There's no Dundee but there is a St Johnstone along with Ross County and Accies will be down amongst the bottom feeders as usual.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
19 hours ago, FTOF said:
And yet, by all accounts, the club were still going after OK's transfer targets, and then had to change tack super quickly to focus on Goodwin's targets.

OK didn't have any transfer targets apart from Kyle McAllister and Popescu. He didn't even have any ideas on who should replace Jimmy Nicholl as his assistant.

I would be taking a different view of the assistant position.

Perhaps there was never a replacement for Nicholl because there was never an intention of keeping Kearney on for the new season? Why hire an assistant when you know you’ll be kicking the current manager out for the planned replacement?

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Some people have masochistic tendencies, so there are bound to be some that do.

Some others just like to be able to say that they were right about something (they forget about all the times they are wrong) and always "betting" on a club like ours to fail in some way is bound to give them some small victories, it's just the nature of the game. They are like compulsive gamblers. Again, there are bound to be some in that category.

In the main, it doesn't really bother me one way or other, but there are some posters who just can't shut up about it, those are the ones who are an issue for other posters. Personally, I just tend to ignore them, unless I feel like a wee bit of angling.

Maybe the solution for others is to just not engage with those that are always negative. Just my opinion, of course.

Spoiled it with your penultimate sentence.

Guest TPAFKATS
I would be taking a different view of the assistant position.
Perhaps there was never a replacement for Nicholl because there was never an intention of keeping Kearney on for the new season? Why hire an assistant when you know you’ll be kicking the current manager out for the planned replacement?
Although this is possible it would indicate an extraordinary level of self harm and incompetence by those running the club.
While I have had issues and disagreements with GLS, TF and GM over their words and actions I don't believe they would do this.

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Don't see how. There are those that are always negative, it is those that I am referring to, not anyone who has an occasional issue with something. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

Maybe you could choose to follow the advice you give to "others" and not engage with me, although it's clearly not your style. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, freethinker said:

Freedom of speech means supporters can praise and criticise depending on the circumstances of he Team at the time .

If they can suggest how to make the Team better then that is permitted.

So, are you a fascist and an abuser  ?  I don't mind, it's your free speech.

Just makes you seem ridiculous.

84 posts in, so where are all these positive posts of yours

Your either a duplicate , or some guy that just found out Saints play in Paisley

We are a top 12 team , we have played 7 away games , 3 in a row, and lost 1 goal at home. So starting a thread as you did , either means you need nappies or your just yet another pathetic WUM  :snore

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Although this is possible it would indicate an extraordinary level of self harm and incompetence by those running the club.
While I have had issues and disagreements with GLS, TF and GM over their words and actions I don't believe they would do this.

This is a fair comment. It’s all a matter of opinion. I believe Kearney was pushed, others believe he was aiming to leave of his own accord - the real question is whether we will ever find out the truth behind everything that has gone on. Until then we can only speculate.

8 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

We have an inexperienced Director of football,never done this job before,last job manager of an amateur  team.

We have an inexperienced  Manager ,never managed at this level before,last job manager of a part time team.

How did we think we could compete this year?

As with all things in modern life, we are all novices until we learn and get experience.

We are all expecting the worst as always, this is what usually happens as saints fans!

All we can do is back the team through think & thin as all true buddies fans should.

Dam frustrating as hell though.

16 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

We have an inexperienced Director of football,never done this job before,last job manager of an amateur  team.

We have an inexperienced  Manager ,never managed at this level before,last job manager of a part time team.

How did we think we could compete this year?

Gus also has plenty of experience working at this level, having managed us for 5 years in the top flight.

Danny Lennon had never managed at this level before, yet would go on to be our most successful manager since the 80s.

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 11/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, FTOF said:

OK didn't list McAllister as a priority target. Gordon Scott did. I wonder who wanted the biggest say on who we signed? Scott didn't find any cash for any of Kearney's targets for this summer.

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Gus also has plenty of experience working at this level, having managed us for 5 years in the top flight.

Danny Lennon had never managed at this level before, yet would go on to be our most successful manager since the 80s.

Gus is not the manager and has no input to managing the first team,he is Director of football ,of which he had no experience

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

To be fair to Mcallister he's injured and i know this a recurring thing but on the other hand he's a great player and when he's back hopefully we'll see the best of him.

I can't think of many games when McAllister was playing under Goodwin where he has looked decent... maybe in the final 2/3rds of the season he'll get fit and find some form.