Scott & McPherson

49 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

That's a bit defensive.  Why the f**k would you think I was including you in the "always negative" crowd.  My original post was in reply to the last bit of your post that I quoted - the "I very much doubt whether anyone who posts on here wants the club to do badly" bit.  You seem to have taken it as a personal attack.

I still think the bit in bold is correct and that the people who claim to be positive which is not their prerogative are, in general, more prone to aggression and dramaqueenery on the forum.

Guest TPAFKATS
OK didn't list McAllister as a priority target. Gordon Scott did. I wonder who wanted the biggest say on who we signed? Scott didn't find any cash for any of Kearney's targets for this summer.
In your opinion. You could also reasonably argue that Muzek and Hodson both got better offers from clubs who can afford to pay more. Popescu we tried to sign.

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 11/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, FTOF said:
And yet, by all accounts, the club were still going after OK's transfer targets, and then had to change tack super quickly to focus on Goodwin's targets.

OK didn't have any transfer targets apart from Kyle McAllister and Popescu. He didn't even have any ideas on who should replace Jimmy Nicholl as his assistant.

I didn't say that it was a long list of targets.:whistle

27 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

1. There are people as I described in society in general, why would you assume that there are none on here?

2. Why is it "not their prerogative" to claim themselves to be positive?

1. Posting on a football forum isn't "society in general", if you feel negative about a football club you're just gonna walk away - arguing about it on here is a positive act even if you don't share that person's view..

2. I doubt anyone thinks their views are negative claiming that they're positive is just a cheap debating trick to allow the poster to claim that s/he is a better fan than the other person.

I guess this is just one of our (sic) argumentative days. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

10 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Look up a dictionary see what supporter means. Are you a knob ?

Being a supporter doesn't exclude being a realist. I didn't think Goodie was a good appointment when he was brought in and Nothing that has transpired since have given me pause for thought. I live in hope I am proven wrong as I was with JR but I cannot see us getting away with this in the top division. Yes. There are some on here that attack at every turn but there are many who see what's happening and keep their eyes open. Being a supporter means you want the best for the club so why should those who simply see things at face value be vilified? I think YOU should understand what supporting a CLUB means. It certainly doesn't mean sticking your head in the sand, let alone up the chairman's @rse.

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. Posting on a football forum isn't "society in general", if you feel negative about a football club you're just gonna walk away - arguing about it on here is a positive act even if you don't share that person's view..

NO. Being a supporter is about thick and thin. It doesn't mean you can't criticise what's happening in the now. Venting frustration on a public forum isn't a cardinal sin.

I tend to find that some people who get all het up when criticising what they call a negative post, are more often than not just simply embarrassed that it might be true, and makes their arse-lick type belief the club can do no wrong look a bit silly.
This is a fans forum, not the feckin Imperial Star Counsel. People let off steam, sometimes they call it right, sometimes not... but hey if it gives you a hard on.. knock ( one) yourself out!

What these posters like to overlook is that the very act of calling anyone who comments, questions or criticises the club is in itself the most negative outlook on here.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I tend to find that some people who get all het up when criticising what they call a negative post, are more often than not just simply embarrassed that it might be true, and makes their arse-lick type belief the club can do no wrong look a bit silly.
This is a fans forum, not the feckin Imperial Star Counsel. People let off steam, sometimes they call it right, sometimes not... but hey if it gives you a hard on.. knock ( one) yourself out!

What these posters like to overlook is that the very act of calling anyone who comments, questions or criticises the club is in itself the most negative outlook on here.

Words of wisdom from the sites most popular poster! :clapping:notworthy

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:
OK didn't list McAllister as a priority target. Gordon Scott did. I wonder who wanted the biggest say on who we signed? Scott didn't find any cash for any of Kearney's targets for this summer.

Popescu we said we tried to sign.

So, out of the 12 league games so far this season in how many games so far would you say that Kyle McAllister has played well, or even managed to look fully fit?

Guest TPAFKATS
So, out of the 12 league games so far this season in how many games so far would you say that Kyle McAllister has played well, or even managed to look fully fit?
Did you mean to reply to my post?

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Baz reckons all of 'em!

Nailed it on the head there despite what the forums drama queens would say!

14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I seem to remember getting attacked by loads of folk last season when trying to be positive about Alan Stubbs

These same people all claim to be positive by backing Goodwin

Hypocrites the lot

To an extent I think that’s fair enough. The only area I would challenge is that Stubbs had two previous roles & failed in both.

Goodwin comes with a better rep at Alloa. But I accept that doesn’t always mean anything, Jack Ross as a perfect example. 

14 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Being a supporter doesn't exclude being a realist. I didn't think Goodie was a good appointment when he was brought in and Nothing that has transpired since have given me pause for thought. I live in hope I am proven wrong as I was with JR but I cannot see us getting away with this in the top division. Yes. There are some on here that attack at every turn but there are many who see what's happening and keep their eyes open. Being a supporter means you want the best for the club so why should those who simply see things at face value be vilified? I think YOU should understand what supporting a CLUB means. It certainly doesn't mean sticking your head in the sand, let alone up the chairman's @rse.

Thanks Lucy where trying to work where my head is at. I think after 50 years supporting I know our shortcomings, however reading constant neg drivel with no solution is boring and counter productive

However excluding your above post, which I mainly agree with. Our problem is lack of planning , and delusions of grandeur ………..

The best for our club is getting some sort of consistency off the field first

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
13 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Baz reckons all of 'em!

11 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nailed it on the head there despite what the forums drama queens would say!

Returning to reality, all Baz did was defend the player, the decision to sign him and point out LPM's "constantly injured" error, by quoting Goody's interview where he confirmed he was "fully fit" when signed. 

He's had a hard time this season with a new injury, I personally think it's really poor of a few supporters to hammer him for it. But welcome to continue with it. If he's out any longer, no doubt we'll see another half dozen LPM dedicated threads to the subject.

Almost became his new hate SMISA output. Possibly because of the unquestionable success so far of BTB, meaning he has to focus his anti-SMFC stance elsewhere? 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Returning to reality, all Baz did was defend the player, the decision to sign him and point out LPM's "constantly injured" error, by quoting Goody's interview where he confirmed he was "fully fit" when signed. 

He's had a hard time this season with a new injury, I personally think it's really poor of a few supporters to hammer him for it. But welcome to continue with it. If he's out any longer, no doubt we'll see another half dozen LPM dedicated threads to the subject.

Almost became his new hate SMISA output. Possibly because of the unquestionable success so far of BTB, meaning he has to focus his anti-SMFC stance elsewhere? 

You should go on the stage Flipper - that's absolutely knockout material.

The Masterplan, you really threw yourself under a bus there - LMFAO! :lol:

PS - I'm still waiting for my apology from the last time we crossed keyboards.

PPS - Referring to yourself in the third person - totally bonkers. :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Still no flipping, sorry to disappoint  

No I didn’t 

Remind me? 

Top level straw grab. 

37 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Still no flipping, sorry to disappoint  

No I didn’t 

Remind me? 

Top level straw grab. 

Childish tactics to embed your post in quotes - totally bonkers!  :1eye

As for the apology, it's for deliberately misrepresenting me the last time we crossed keyboards, but as it's part of your regular debating tactics I'm not surprised you've forgoten it - what's special about one instance in what must be dozens?

Genuine advice Flipper, check before you post, I'm trying to help preserve your dignity - not that there's much of that left . :1eye

Oh and the Masterplan, you threw yourself under a bus there, you really did - LMFAO! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Childish tactics to embed your post in quotes - totally bonkers!  :1eye

I personally think it's quite an acceptable way to respond to individual points. Each to their own though... More straw grabbing?

As for the apology, it's for deliberately misrepresenting me the last time we crossed keyboards, but as it's part of your regular debating tactics I'm not surprised you've forgoten it - what's special about one instance in what must be dozens?

I vaguely remember it & my recollection is this claim is incorrect. Feel free to show me otherwise and I'll happily apologise. 

Genuine advice Flipper, check before you post, I'm trying to help preserve your dignity - not that there's much of that left . :1eye

I do, my stance on this as with all our engagements has been consistent. 

Oh and the Masterplan, you threw yourself under a bus there, you really did - LMFAO! :lol:

Still not true. Again feel free to evidence where I have. The usual stage where your debating falls down. 

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Dear, dear, dear, there goes what was left of your dignity :rolleyes: - you really have lost the plot! :1eye

Flipper85 - thee man with no answers! :lol:

PS - There really was no masterplan!

This really seems important to you (not important enough to actually put any worthwhile content right enough). Hope I've scratched whatever strange itch you've had about calling me "flipper" with no tangible cause. 😁

31 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This really seems important to you (not important enough to actually put any worthwhile content right enough). Hope I've scratched whatever strange itch you've had about calling me "flipper" with no tangible cause. 😁

……………...and you're arguing with me because you're totally indifferent Flipper. :1eye

*******************-

We have a squad of 22 out of which 3 are development players so really only 19 (see below) one of these is a panic buy from our summer holidays and two have poor fitness records, we're "behind the curve" as GLS admitted prior to the Celtic game, bottom of the Division and clearly have no alternatives the manager trusts which is to say the DoF role failed in the close season.

You threw your under a bus Flipper, I almost pity you - LMFAO . :lol:

I call you Flipper to remind everyone you flipped not once but twice on the OF fans in the Family Stand issue.

Oh and you still owe me an apology

Edited by Bud the Baker