Scott & McPherson

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nice!
Is he fit?
Had he previously stated he carries a permanent injury/condition?
Or is he lying about it?
What Facts had the player in question confirmed?
And again.....
Is He Fit?

Why lie ?  A 3 year deal is the most worrying factor given his history though.

18 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Elvis

Lord negative.

Guys feel free to add !!!

TBF I would not say Elvis does...……………. the ones that mainly want the Planet to fail are in the bin...……….. as I said just bar...……. all for free speech but constant neg is not forum material surely

Anyone that starts a Sack Jim Goodwin thread please seek therapy

Edited by DougJamie

Elvis
Lord negative.

So its negative on my part to highlight that knowingly signing a permanently injured player, who has not played for weeks, and paying to bring him back,even though the club you originally sold him to declared him injured on arrival, and for most of his tenure there?

No it shows how inept our board are staffing money away on everything. That's who you should be calling out!

1 hour ago, ged62 said:

Elvis

Lord negative.

I can assure you I 100% want us to win every game we play but we as a team for most of the time since Fergie left we have Been struggling. The only guys I can think done a decent job are Ricky Mcfarlene. Gus. And Danny lennon. The rest have been MEH for me that includes Jack Ross his success was in a lower league. We have become so so predictable year after year. I. E.

A team not won for ages play us a team not scored for ages play us. I am of the opinion of a lot of fans how in hells name can Hamilton. Livingston. Ross County. Inverness continue to out perform us there is something not right with the infrastructure of our club we seem to be happy to plod along most  seasons being pish week in week out and that is why it's not hard to be negative. Because there is nothing especially on the park to be positive about and the brilliant support I might add deserve way better than that. 

Edited by elvis

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I can assure you I 100% want us to win every game we play but we as a team for most of the time since Fergie left we have Been struggling. The only guys I can think done a decent job are Ricky Mcfarlene. Gus. And Danny lennon. The rest have been MEH for me that includes Jack Ross his success was in a lower league. We have become so so predictable year after year. I. E.

A team not won for ages play us a team not scored for ages play us. I am of the pinion of a lot of fans how in hells name can Hamilton. Livingston. Ross County. Inverness continue to out perform us there is something not right with the infrastructure of our club we seem to be happy to plod along most  seasons being pish week in week out and that is why it's not hard to be negative. Because there is nothing especially on the park to be positive about and the brilliant support I might add deserve way better than that. 

You have a POINT

I do ask how Accies, Livi and County are better than us. the County bit kills the plastic pitch argument. End of Day we beat those 3 we are 9th, if we don't then we are kidding ourselves on as a Top side

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Flipper85 - 5116 posts of nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

1. I'm getting it from the fact that of the 3 players we're talking about only Cammy Macpherson has made more than a token appearance since the Hibs game but maybe that's just JG being negative. :rolleyes: 

yet you're saying Cammy isn't good enough for the first team as well even though he's played? By your logic, unless a team fully rotate their squad, those that aren't first choice aren't part of the team... Either way you look at it, it isn't an SMFC specific point. Practically every team will have some players that don't play much. 

2. Getting a player, any player. in for the LC campaign who is now out of the picture - a panic buy who's not up to standard. We won't be seeing his dad at the ground again.

Simply incorrect, by no parameter is buying a player in July after several weeks on trial a panic buy. 

3. Your semantics in trying to argue what "continuous presence" actually means is staggering. GM may have been employed by the club as TD over the summer but he failed to provide us with an effective "constant presence" because signings stalled even though in his own words  "a major part of his job was recruitment" and we did not have a team ready to compete at the start of the season - in the words of GLS we are "behind the curve" but hey maybe he's also just being negative. :rolleyes: That "Masterplan" you threw yourself under a bus to defend just gets more ridiculous - LMFAO! :lol:

I genuienly don't know how much clearer I can make this AT NO POINT IN THAT INTERVIEW DID ANYONE SAY "CONTINUOUS PRESENCE" At no point in that interview did anyone say "THERE WILL BE ZERO INTERRUPTION TO RECRUITMENT IN THE EVENT OF A MANAGERIAL CHANGE"

Where have I said I think OK was in the right over his departure this summer - nowhere, that's just something you made up! I think OK tried to bounce GLS into changing their agreement and lost his job for this. You're just assuming because I agree with LPM on certain issues I agree with him on everything when in this case it's the exact opposite of what I actually think - you're totally bonkers! :1eye

Funny, it doesn't seem like actual quoting what people say is important to you ^^^ In my opinion your take on the situation is that GLS was to blame for not adhering to a change requested by OK. Based on your previous comments and disdain for GLS. 

- yep made an assumption - End of Story!

4.Again your argument is just semantics if the reason for hiring MacPherson was an ends in itself then fair enough but it clearly wasn't because as GLS said "we have learned lessons" so the DR article where GM says the major part of his job is about recruitment actually rebute your POV.. :1eye 

Still does not mean he has failed in the role, again I feel you're holding to bery unreasonable standards that allow for absolute zero hold-up in a managerial change. If you make one mistake or are delayed in your job based on exceptional circumstances, would you be okay being called a failure?

5. No, you double flipped over the Two Stand argument first when you realized you were wrong and did calculations on the Away Stand plus the overspill in the West Stand and again in April when GLS tried his spin on the subject  - I remember it and I'm sure others do too. As for the misrepresentation in the DoF/TD thread much like above you made an assumption which was nothing to do with what I actually said on a issue - like I say you're totally bonkers! :1eye 

Simply not true, again this claim always goes one of two ways depending on the poster. Failure to evidence or deflection when asked to evidence. You'll find absolutely no comment from me that confirms a change in mindset. Clearly your coping mechanism for when you were shown to be wrong based on official club statement

For argument sake If I was to say the new IT system will save us £500 on our current processes, this is the best comparison... But even looking at processes used 10 years ago, it would still save us £300. That doesn’t mean I have changed my mind on the first part. Very basic stuff this. 

Nope you flipped twice on the OF ticket issue and this irrelevant drivel changes nothing.

And your failure to provide evidence continues to be your biggest stumbling block on this claim. As above, happy to be your coping mechanism, personally I'll admit when I'm wrong, you're obviously not capable of that... You're not alone. 

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, bazil85 said:
You quoted a story from months before he signed. Goody confirmed in his welcome interview he was fully fit and our duty was to keep him that way. 
But hey if you want to continue to bash the young man & feel no club should have signed him & he should have just retired & given up on football, fine. 

Would you buy, or bet on a lame race horse?

So you think he is lame? Pathetic and embarrassing attacking of a SMFC player. Almost as shameful as your attack last year on Christmas dinners for some of the most vulnerable in our community. 

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1. I'm getting it from the fact that of the 3 players we're talking about only Cammy Macpherson has made more than a token appearance since the Hibs game but maybe that's just JG being negative. :rolleyes: 

2. Getting a player, any player. in for the LC campaign who is now out of the picture - a panic buy who's not up to standard. We won't be seeing his dad at the ground again.

3. Your semantics in trying to argue what "continuous presence" actually means is staggering. GM may have been employed by the club as TD over the summer but he failed to provide us with an effective "constant presence" because signings stalled even though in his own words  "a major part of his job was recruitment" and we did not have a team ready to compete at the start of the season - in the words of GLS we are "behind the curve" but hey maybe he's also just being negative. :rolleyes: That "Masterplan" you threw yourself under a bus to defend just gets more ridiculous - LMFAO! :lol:

Where have I said I think OK was in the right over his departure this summer - nowhere, that's just something you made up! I think OK tried to bounce GLS into changing their agreement and lost his job for this. You're just assuming because I agree with LPM on certain issues I agree with him on everything when in this case it's the exact opposite of what I actually think - you're totally bonkers! :1eye

yep made an assumption - End of Story!

4.Again your argument is just semantics if the reason for hiring MacPherson was an ends in itself then fair enough but it clearly wasn't because as GLS said "we have learned lessons" so the DR article where GM says the major part of his job is about recruitment actually rebuts your POV.. :1eye 

5. No, you double flipped over the Two Stand argument first when you realized you were wrong and did calculations on the Away Stand plus the overspill in the West Stand and again in April when GLS tried his spin on the subject  - I remember it and I'm sure others do too. As for the misrepresentation in the DoF/TD thread much like above you made an assumption which was nothing to do with what I actually said on a issue - like I say you're totally bonkers! :1eye 

5120 negative posts of nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations - anyone other than DoubleFlip85 anyone else would die of embarrassment.

You still owe me an apology for the misrepresentation on the DoF/TD thread.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

5120 negative posts of nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations - anyone other than DoubleFlip85 anyone else would die of embarrassment.

You still owe me an apology for the misrepresentation on the DoF/TD thread.

4.Again your argument is just semantics if the reason for hiring MacPherson was an ends in itself then fair enough but it clearly wasn't because as GLS said "we have learned lessons" so the DR article where GM says the major part of his job is about recruitment actually rebuts your POV.. :1eye 

So when you said you could go as long as I can, what you really meant was, you’ll repeat points I’ve already debunked? Cool. To summarise:

Player squads in an 11 starting man sport, will have some players playing more than others.

Signing a player almost two months before the transfer window closes after a trial period isn’t panic buying.

“Continuous presence” was NEVER an expression quoted from anyone involved in the Gus appointment and the unwavering specifics were never divulged, nor was anything regarding recruitment being held up in any way, shape or form would be a “failure”

We are in agreement that my comments on OK are assumption based, believe it or not that is okay in certain circumstances. For example when evaluating one of the most negative contributors on here’s posts.

We have learned lessons and us moving onto the next stage of defining and executing a plan, does not corelate to immediate failure if recruitment is even minutely held up.

You still can’t evidence any discrepancy in my consistency regarding the two stand arrangement. My opinion is, it’s your coping mechanism for your view being in contrast to the club.

You also can’t evidence anything that suggests an apology is owed.

Edited by bazil85

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

5. No, you double flipped over the Two Stand argument first when you realized you were wrong and did calculations on the Away Stand plus the overspill in the West Stand and again in April when GLS tried his spin on the subject  - I remember it and I'm sure others do too. As for the misrepresentation in the DoF/TD thread much like above you made an assumption which was nothing to do with what I actually said on a issue - like I say you're totally bonkers!  :1eye

You've debunked nothing, your semantics are ridiculous and your DR reference actually confirmed my argument :1eye You continue to stand by the misrepresentation made in this thread - it's your MO and you still owe me an apology for this and doing the same in the DoF/TD thread.

DoubleFlip85 - 5126 posts of negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You've debunked nothing, your semantics are ridiculous and your DR reference actually confirmed my argument :1eye You continue to stand by the misrepresentation made in this thread - it's your MO and you still owe me an apology for this and doing the same in the DoF/TD thread.

DoubleFlip85 - 5126 posts of negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Debunked much of what you’ve said 

Semantics doesn’t come into it, you’re quoting something that doesn’t exist/ wasn’t said. 

no the DR article does not 

there’s no misrepresentation on my part

still happy for you to show the point you’re on about regarding an apology (continues to seem like deflection) 

last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. 

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

Your attempt at semantics is ridiculous . :1eye

As I've explained the DR article does rebut your POV. :1eye

You've already admitted misrepresentation in this thread :1eye

You threw yourself under a bus to defend GLSs "Masterplan" which he had the common sense to walk away from - LMFAO! :lol:

Your MO is clear for all to see and yet you continue with it - you still owe me an apology for the above misrepresentation and doing the same in the DoF/TD thread.

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5127 posts of negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

You threw yourself under a bus to defend GLSs "Masterplan" which he had the common sense to walk away from - LMFAO! :lol:

Your MO is clear for all to see and yet you continue with it - you still owe me an apology for the above misrepresentation and doing the same in the DoF/TD thread.

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5127 posts of negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

I didn't need luck to disprove you and your cheap debating tricks, just the facts - Keep on Flipping! :1eye

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I didn't need luck to disprove you and your cheap debating tricks, just the facts - Keep on Flipping! :1eye

Nope, you don’t need luck, just some correct information on your side would do, unfortunately you don’t have that though. Keep on posting what I’ve debunked if you want. You’re adding nothing more to the conversation. 

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5130 posts of fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5131 posts of drivel, fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Well I'm not the one who had to resort to making things up - End of Story! :1eye

Just us nutters left now, Flipper! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well I'm not the one who had to resort to making things up - End of Story! :1eye

Just us nutters left now, Flipper! :lol:

Okay well show me where he said “continuous presence” then? You put it in quotes, so quote the words. Show me where GLS stated any hold up at all in recruitment at all in the event of a managerial change would result in failure regarding that job? Do you think your zero tolerance/ margin approach is common in workplace? 

I haven’t made anything up. So far as well as the above, you have made up without any evidence.

1. A panic signing in July for games against part time/ amateur players 

2. Our manager has no confidence in three players 

you're really struggling here, if you disagree, evidence the above ^^^ 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5132 posts of sophistry, drivel, fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

All of my arguments are sound, go back and read them - I'm just using the tactics you use, well apart from the false allegations, Flipper but it seems that you're a hypocrite and cry-baby too. :bairn

Still just us nutters left Flipper! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

32 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

All of my arguments are sound, go back and read them - I'm just using the tactics you use, well apart from the false allegations, Flipper but it seems that you're a hypocrite and cry-baby too. :bairn

You might think they're fine but you continue in your failure to evidence as I've stated. Until you can show panic buy, comments from the club that players aren't good enough or details of Gus job description, that will remain the case. 

As for your big massive assumption comment, not sure why you keep sharing it, it's the one point we agree on. 

You also don't seem to want this apology very much, if you can't even show what it relates to. Two stand flip has also been debunked, prove me wrong? 

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

As I've explained the DR article rebuts your POV. :1eye

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5133 posts of sophistry, drivel, fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Your lack of self-awareness continues to astound me, as I said my arguments are sound go back and read them . :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker