Scott & McPherson

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Your lack of self-awareness continues to astound me, as I said my arguments are sound go back and read them . :1eye

Still just us nutters left Flipper! :lol:

You can say it as often as you want, I can "say" the earth is flat, doesn't make it true. You've been unable to evidence your points and I have physically pointed out where you're wrong in interpretation of the article you quoted for Gus role. Good effort but it remains a fail on your part. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

Your attempt at semantics is ridiculous . :1eye

As I've explained the DR article rebuts your POV. :1eye

You've already admitted misrepresentation in this thread :1eye

yep made an assumption - End of Story!

You threw yourself under a bus to defend GLSs "Masterplan" which he had the common sense to walk away from - LMFAO! :lol:

Your MO is clear for all to see and yet you continue with it - you still owe me an apology for the above misrepresentation and doing the same in the DoF/TD thread.

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5134 posts of subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

I can say it as often as you say the opposite Flipper, I've proved all my points several times, without having to resort to false allegations - End of Story! :1eye

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I can say it as often as you say the opposite Flipper, I've proved all my points several times, without having to resort to false allegations - End of Story! :1eye

"I have proven all my points several times"

Your point on Gus - Debunked with the actual words from the article that at no time give a parameter for success being, absolutely zero disruption to recruitment in event of a managerial change. 

"We want to have someone within the football department who will be a constant presence," he told his club website. (nothing about continuity regarding transfers between managers)

"The board have a vision of how they want the club to develop. At present, we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it.(Look up the definition of the word define)

The players in question aren't good enough for the first team - Debunked with zero statement or comment from the club & facts around the number of starting players in a football team. You can't validate this claim. 

Player was a panic buy - Debunked due to the time left in the transfer window. Also extremely unlikely an SP club would panic buy considering the level of opposition we were playing. He was also on a longer trial than probably any other signing this summer. 

Changed my mind on two stand arrangement - Debunked by simply reiterating the conversation at that time. Deflection technique noted, where you have refused to provide evidence for the claim

Owed an apology - At time of writing, zero evidence provided to support this. Provide the (supposed) evidence and I will either debunk or apologise.  

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

You threw yourself under a bus to defend GLSs "Masterplan" which he had the common sense to walk away from - LMFAO! :lol:

Your MO is clear for all to see and yet you continue with it - you still owe me an apology for the above misrepresentation and doing the same in the DoF/TD thread.

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5135 posts of mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

As I've said, previously and often, your semantics would be embarrassing for a normal person GM said the major in the DR article you were so please at finding and which rebuts your argument that the major part of his job as TD was recruitment which means he failed this summer.:1eye

I  pointed out why you owed me an apology in the DoF/TD thread - go back and look.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Is that even possible?

You could misread something, be ignorant or uninformed on the matter, or the passage could have been badly written but I wouldn't say that it's possible to be "wrong in interpretation".  If something is open to interpretation then all interpretations would be equally valid - that's why there are so many christian denominations.

Welcome to the Madhouse!

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I've said, previously and often, your semantics would be embarrassing for a normal person GM said the major in the DR article you were so please at finding and which rebuts your argument that the major part of his job as TD was recruitment which means he failed this summer.:1eye

The longer this goes on, I am starting to think you don't know what the word "semantic" means. There is nothing to misinterpret here. Nowhere does it say what the parameters for failure would be for Gus job, it even goes as far as it not being defined.

Recruitment being a "big part of it" does not mean he is 100% responsible for recruitment and as such any hold-up at all is a failure. Ludicrous :lol: If I start a job in recruitment and someone leaves meaning I can't get my applications signed off, does that mean I fail even though it is something outside of my control? "Gus just to let you know, if we lose a manager we won't recruit in numbers until we get a new one, that will automatically mean you have failed to meet your personal objectives" madness 

12 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Is that even possible?

You could misread something, be ignorant or uninformed on the matter, or the passage could have been badly written but I wouldn't say that it's possible to be "wrong in interpretation".  If something is open to interpretation then all interpretations would be equally valid - that's why there are so many christian denominations.

I think largely you are right but when we look at the key points from the story.  undefined job, as a constant presence within the football department and a job role that isn't fully responsible for recruitment.

If the interpretation is, this person must assure there is zero recruitment hold-ups even in the event of a managerial change outside his control. Even a slight delay will result in a complete failure. I struggle to see the correlation and as such misinterpretation is the closest conclusion I can come to. 

36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5137 posts of errors, delusion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Semantics is the analysis of the meaning of words - your definition of what GM role as TD in providing a "continuous presence" is wrong - it's not just to remain at the club in his own words his major role is recruitment like I say the DR article you were so happy to quote proves this. His "continuous presence" left us with a squad short in quality and quantity this summer. :1eye

It is with great amusement that I watch you digging that hole deeper and deeper. :lol:

PS - You still owe me an apology for misrepresenting me in the DoF/TD thread - it's all there if you're man enough to admit it. :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Nope.  Either badly written or misunderstood, not misinterpreted.  Unless, of course, it was deliberately written to be vague and open to interpretation which means that you are both "right". :shockaroony

Just my personal take on it. I think he has misinterpreted, with the route cause (and bias lean) being his negative assertions of many things SMFC, GLS, GM

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Semantics is the analysis of the meaning of words - your definition of what GM role as TD in providing a "continuous presence" is wrong - it's not just to remain at the club in his own words his major role is recruitment like I say the DR article you were so happy to quote proves this. His "continuous presence" left us with a squad short in quality and quantity this summer. :1eye

It is with great amusement that I watch you digging that hole deeper and deeper. :lol:

PS - You still owe me an apology for misrepresenting me in the DoF/TD thread - it's all their if you're man enough to admit it. :1eye

So given there are no words in the article that confirm his job role, the parameters for failure or that he would be required to make sure recruitment ran completely without impairment, it can't be an issue of semantics.  

Nowhere does the article say "continuous presence" why do you keep quoting this? Even if it did, how have you made the jump from "continuous presence" to 100% responsible for recruitment and absolutely no impact to recruitment when there's a managerial change? 

You've shot yourself in the foot here with your major role comment, major role doesn't mean complete responsibility (feel free to show where he was quoted as completely responsible for recruitment, it's not in the DR article, the article actually says his responsibilities are in line with what the manager tells him). A hold-up during a managerial change does not automatically mean failure. 

The apology deflection continues. I will admit it as I have done when wrong in the past, it's a simple ask to provide the evidence. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Another thread ruined by the playground warriors

- Most threads on BAWA are dead anyway, some days you only get maybe 3-5 active ones.

- Never understood peoples issue with this, don't like it don't comment.

- It's a difference between an active thread and a non-active thread.

- We aren't impacting anyone else's life. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5142 posts of evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

The words ""A major part of it is recruitment" appear in the article -  you've been reduced to arguing that "major role" is different - totally bonkers!  You destroyed your own argument the GM failed in the TD role this summer with your own reference to the DR article and you don't even realize it. . The phrase "constant presence" is in the BBC article and merely remaining at the club does not make GM a success and no amount of repetition from you will change this. :1eye

Misrepresenting people is a routine part of your tactics, you've already done it on this thread, so it's your responsibility to go back to the DoF/TD thread and as I say apologize for it. :1eye 

Edited by Bud the Baker

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The words ""A major part of it is recruitment" appear in the article -  you've been reduced to arguing that "major role" is different - totally bonkers!  You destroyed your own argument the GM failed in the TD role this summer with your own reference to the DR article and you don't even realize it. . The phrase "constant presence" is in the BBC article and merely remaining at the club does not make GM a success and no amount of repetition from you will change this. :1eye

Misrepresenting people is a routine part of your tactics, you've already done it on this thread, so it's your responsibility to go back to the DoF/TD thread and as I say apologize for it. :1eye 

A major part - so we both agree it isn’t the only part & the article doesn’t say anything about recruitment continuing with zero impact during a managerial change? Progress made. 

And recruitment stalling during a managerial change doesn’t make him a failure. Quote the part of the article that says otherwise? 

Apology deflection continues. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A major part - so we both agree it isn’t the only part & the article doesn’t say anything about recruitment continuing with zero impact during a managerial change? Progress made. 

And recruitment stalling during a managerial change doesn’t make him a failure. Quote the part of the article that says otherwise? 

Apology deflection continues. 

Would you two get a room FFS

jake gyllenhaal burrito GIF by Maudit

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You've debunked nothing. 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5144 posts of denial, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Your attempt to cover yourself over GMs functions as TD in the summer would be an embarrassment and shameful to any normal person. :1eye

You owe me the apology for what the misrepresentation in the DoF/td thread it's your responsibility and your the one deflecting! :1eye

Guest TPAFKATS
Your attempt to cover yourself over GMs functions as TD in the summer would be an embarrassment and shameful to any normal person. :1eye
You owe me the apology for what the misrepresentation in the DoF/td thread it's your responsibility and your the one deflecting! :1eye
Oh ffs...

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

On behalf of the Forum, St Mirren,  Paisley, Renfrewshire Scotland, the United Kingdom, European Union, Planet Earth, the Sun and the Milky Way we are all sorry and offer you and unreserved apology ………………………………………….

Now

Can we move on:cheers

57 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yet again- show is all where it tells us a specific breakdown of his role to transpose this summer as a failure on his part? 

Ive already stated I have no idea what you’re on about when you say I misrepresented you in that thread. clarify and i’ll Happily go find it for you. Your approach to this amounts to ‘I know something you don’t know’