Scott & McPherson

McAllister  has a long term problem  that has to be managed ,he will be a sub for the season,hoping to make an impact in the last 15 mins if games he is a very important  part of the squad
No, not buying that mate. He wasn't brought in and sold as a "15 mins every othet game player"
He was sold to us as the player with the quality to influence games.
How is he influencing games he misses, or gets on to watch us lose?

So you're saying that a football club may lose players for various reasons during a transfer window and have to replace them.

It's a complete mystery why nobody else realised that before now. You must be an utter genius to have figured that out.
Right there... thats another of your 'nothing' posts. No debate, no counterpoint just zilch

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
14 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
So you're saying that a football club may lose players for various reasons during a transfer window and have to replace them.

It's a complete mystery why nobody else realised that before now. You must be an utter genius to have figured that out.

Right there... thats another of your 'nothing' posts. No debate, no counterpoint just zilch

In fairness to him, he was responding to a nothing post from you. All you did was highlight several scenarios that face practically every club on the planet. 

1. Players that haven't met the mark and players struggling with fitness (present in all squads, hence why we have more than 11 players) 

2. Loan expiration 

3. Summer contract expiring 

4. Players drawing interest from elsewhere

In order for St Mirren to now meet LPM's standards, we must avoid all these scenarios and buck the trends of... Football clubs 🤣

I'm not slagging off anyone. I'm asking for evidence of your assertions. As yet, you have provided none. People could be forgiven for thinking that you haven't got any.

The tediousness is your repeated unsupported assertions. All because you're in a wee huff, it's really very Dicksonesque.
What the Dickens-Zo....
If you are looking for irrefutable fact based evidence on every post on a fans forum before engaging in debate.... please lead the way!

23 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Let's not deflect from the point you're also set on continuing here and have an absolute need to engage with me, you've admitted as much. Guess that's where we are alike, I enjoy this aspect of BAWA and you clearly do as well. 

An extract from a post that was entirely lacking in anything relevant to the point of the thread. To counter your argument I find it the process rather tedious which is why I am not involved in numerous similar disputes with other forumsters, have at no time declared myself a winner when you were to busy to post, or claimed to have given you a "good kicking". I have simply refused to bullied by your attritional posting - we're coming from opposite directions.

I'll repeat my arguments which are just as valid as the first time I made them - there was no need for late recruitment this summer GLS said we had  learned the lessons from the summer of 2017 and that GMs job was to provide continuity, GM himself defined his role saying it was mainly about recruitment - it's all there in black & white (sic). We lost the momentum we had from the end of last season when OK left, signings stalled and when they finally arrived they were too few and too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" and are bottom of the division, and the consequence was GLS expressing his judgement that GM failed in his role this summer - we're talking about a medium sized Scottish football club not the moon landings it's shouldn't be difficult to understand. As ever you're tying yourself in knots and your sycophantic defence of our beloved Chairman Hiram N. Firem - that he hired GM with no defined purpose is one of the most negative arguments I've read on this forum.   😂😂😂

Bully boy, liar, n-n-n-n-nineteen, behind the "curve" it's all still correct and always will be!!!!!!!!!.:1eye

There was no Masterplan, you threw yourself under the bus - LMFAO!!!!!! :lol:  

You're a negative, sycophantic poster, your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

Bazil85 - Yep I made an assumption

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5307 (and rising, always rising :rolleyes:) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations

Oh yeah - one centre half and another 5 games this month. 

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

An extract from a post that was entirely lacking in anything relevant to the point of the thread. To counter your argument I find it the process rather tedious which is why I am not involved in numerous similar disputes with other forumsters, have at no time declared myself a winner when you were to busy to post, or claimed to have given you a "good kicking". I have simply refused to bullied by your attritional posting - we're coming from opposite directions.

I'll repeat my arguments which are just as valid as the first time I made them - there was no need for late recruitment this summer GLS said we had  learned the lessons from the summer of 2017 and that GMs job was to provide continuity, GM himself defined his role saying it was mainly about recruitment - it's all there in black & white (sic). We lost the momentum we had from the end of last season when OK left, signings stalled and when they finally arrived they were too few and too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" and are bottom of the division, and the consequence was GLS expressing his judgement that GM failed in his role this summer - we're talking about a medium sized Scottish football club not the moon landings it's shouldn't be difficult to understand. As ever you're tying yourself in knots and your sycophantic defence of our beloved Chairman Hiram N. Firem - that he hired GM with no defined purpose is one of the most negative arguments I've read on this forum.   😂😂😂

Doesn't bode well. Emergency loan anyone? 

Bottom line... the hard truth that quite a few choose to ignore, or even worse dispute... is that we are a very poorly run club!
Over three years since BtB and not one single new revenue stream has been created to bring funds into the club.
The current board have got by on transfer income from players signed & developed by the previous regime.
Kyle Magennis falls into that bracket too, but his stock will fall in an underwhelming team like ours.
This board are on their FIFTH manager in three years and that could soon be six..!

Isnt that the most telling fact that they cant get THEIR job right, so why should we, or they expect the people recruited by them to be any better?

It's a bit harder to achieve at a smaller club like ours given employee numbers, but their needs to be a clean line in responsibilities between the board and the team management. Having the chairman deciding who we are going to spaff money on because he doesn't trust who he has employed is madness, and repeating the same flawed process time after time.

And employing your mate to agree with you just sums up how little you know in running an effective organisation. Feck me how many years now have fans suffered a piss poor ticketing system?
Wouldn't you think that would have been a priority to sort to keep the tills ringing?
Nope.. more effort goes into selling out to sectarianism because that's easy, and it's a "Society Issue"...
Goody will be in an impossible position come the end of the month with some of his better (dont laugh) players moving on, and being stuck with the ones he knows aren't up to it.
Is it possible the likes of Oran might have wanted to take the Hladky money Qarabag were offering and invest it in 3 or 4 decent players?
You know like one of those £5 -£10k a week guaranteed goalscorers?
Instead we will likely be relegated, and Hladky will walk for nowt, or maybe a pittance in January.
We are a poorly run club...
What you are seeing on the pitch is the evidence of just how poorly run we are.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Let's not deflect from the point you're also set on continuing here and have an absolute need to engage with me, you've admitted as much. Guess that's where we are alike, I enjoy this aspect of BAWA and you clearly do as well. 

Simply pointing out based on observation. There is no way you find it tedious, all those smilie faces surely means you’re enjoying yourself… Or are they masking your real feelings? I’ve declared myself the winner based on you failing to answer questions, not backing up your claims, me backing up my claims and observable double standards. It’s massively clear. Startling I need to clarify this to you but “good kicking” wasn’t meant literally.

I'll repeat my arguments which are just as valid as the first time I made them - there was no need for late recruitment this summer GLS said we had  learned the lessons from the summer of 2017 and that GMs job was to provide continuity, GM himself defined his role saying it was mainly about recruitment - it's all there in black & white (sic). We lost the momentum we had from the end of last season when OK left, signings stalled and when they finally arrived they were too few and too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" and are bottom of the division, and the consequence was GLS expressing his judgement that GM failed in his role this summer - we're talking about a medium sized Scottish football club not the moon landings it's shouldn't be difficult to understand. As ever you're tying yourself in knots and your sycophantic defence of our beloved Chairman Hiram N. Firem - that he hired GM with no defined purpose is one of the most negative arguments I've read on this forum.   

Repeat of where you fall down here, GM did provide continuity, he even took training after OK left. You can’t show where continuity means recruitment and you have accepted recruitment wasn’t his only role.

GM also defined the role as it is “what the manager wants” just apply common sense to the scenario and you may see again where you fall down…

As for the signings being “too few” are you saying we wanted to bring in more/ had budget for even more? Please share evidence, also evidence of where better players were available to us specifically earlier in window.

“behind the curve” does not equate to a failure for an individual that isn’t even mentioned. This will never change regardless of how often you quote it

We are likely bottom three or four club budget wise. We were second bottom last season anyway that’s for sure. Seems like your expectations are a bit unreasonable... Lets also not forget the recent memory “jump the gun” activity of fans on here regarding OK & JR. Is history once again repeating itself on managers “failing”?  

Feel free to answer yes or no. “At present, we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it. is that a GLS quote following Gus appointment?

Evidence please that the plan was to have four centre backs for this campaign? Given Baird out and Broadfoot in within quick succession, this looks like a conscious decision on player coverage & by your own parameters (recruitment only) squad depth has absolutely nothing to do with Gus. Yet another point of failure for you backed by providing evidence. Ouch.

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bottom line... the hard truth that quite a few choose to ignore, or even worse dispute... is that we are a very poorly run club!
Over three years since BtB and not one single new revenue stream has been created to bring funds into the club.
The current board have got by on transfer income from players signed & developed by the previous regime.
Kyle Magennis falls into that bracket too, but his stock will fall in an underwhelming team like ours.
This board are on their FIFTH manager in three years and that could soon be six..!

Isnt that the most telling fact that they cant get THEIR job right, so why should we, or they expect the people recruited by them to be any better?

It's a bit harder to achieve at a smaller club like ours given employee numbers, but their needs to be a clean line in responsibilities between the board and the team management. Having the chairman deciding who we are going to spaff money on because he doesn't trust who he has employed is madness, and repeating the same flawed process time after time.

And employing your mate to agree with you just sums up how little you know in running an effective organisation. Feck me how many years now have fans suffered a piss poor ticketing system?
Wouldn't you think that would have been a priority to sort to keep the tills ringing?
Nope.. more effort goes into selling out to sectarianism because that's easy, and it's a "Society Issue"...
Goody will be in an impossible position come the end of the month with some of his better (dont laugh) players moving on, and being stuck with the ones he knows aren't up to it.
Is it possible the likes of Oran might have wanted to take the Hladky money Qarabag were offering and invest it in 3 or 4 decent players?
Instead we will likely be relegated, and Hladky will walk for nowt, or maybe a pittance in January.

Was tempted to type out a big post, pointing out what could be a record number of wrong points in one post. But this complete and utter garbage isn't worth it. 

It's clear these posts are a coping mechanism for someone that hates the fact a person he doesn't like, has factually progressed the team he "supports" every single season since his first as chairman. You wallowing in self-loathing won't make the absurd claims in this post anymore true, sorry. 

In the January window we need an experienced left back (IMO Waters isn't good enough for the Premiership); if McLoughlin stays then fine, if not either Baird back or another CH and a striker who will get into double figures before the end of the season.
Where the money cones from I've no idea.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The Hladky situation is cut and dried for me.

The club took a punt that Hladky could be the difference between us staying up and going down. I agreed with that decision and still do.

If at the end of the season we have retained our place in the Premiership, then I believe the decision will have been a correct one. If we go down, it'll prove to have been a mistake.

It's as simple as that for me and the question won't be answered until the end of the season.

The club took a punt that Hladky could be the difference between us staying up and going down. I agreed with that decision and still do.
If at the end of the season we have retained our place in the Premiership, then I believe the decision will have been a correct one. If we go down, it'll prove to have been a mistake.
It's as simple as that for me and the question won't be answered until the end of the season.
Could be answered in less than 4 weeks!

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Could be answered in less than 4 weeks!

Do you mean because he might leave then?

I don't consider that a likely scenario at all, but wouldn't they be obliged to pay us something if he went now?

Like I say though, don't see that happening on the part of the player or the club.

Was tempted to type out a big post, pointing out what could be a record number of wrong points in one post. But this complete and utter garbage isn't worth it. 
It's clear these posts are a coping mechanism for someone that hates the fact a person he doesn't like, has factually progressed the team he "supports" every single season since his first as chairman. You wallowing in self-loathing won't make the absurd claims in this post anymore true, sorry. 

So winning a play off & sitting at bottom of the league is progress [emoji848]

19 minutes ago, ged62 said:

So winning a play off & sitting at bottom of the league is progress emoji848.png

This time last season we had less points & knew we’d have to rip out practically a full team in January. Can only base it like for like. 

Two seasons before it we were in a lower division. So yes I would say so. 

Unless you think we were in a better nick at the bottom end of the championship of course 😂

Edited by bazil85

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It's clear these posts are a coping mechanism for someone that hates the fact a person he doesn't like, has factually progressed the team he "supports" every single season since his first as chairman. 

Progress? We’ve spent 5 of the last 6 seasons at the bottom end of whichever league we were in. We also managed to get papped out of the League Cup in one of the easiest groups we could ever face.

13 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Progress? We’ve spent 5 of the last 6 seasons at the bottom end of whichever league we were in. We also managed to get papped out of the League Cup in one of the easiest groups we could ever face.

When the new BOD came in we had Alex Rae as manager in the championship & within six months we were cut adrift at bottom of the championship. 

We are now an SP team competing for our place which is pretty much equal the best (bar 2013)  we’ve managed in the last 20 years. 

Is it just me? 😂 How on earth can people think flirting with part time football to SP isn’t progress 😅

Edited by bazil85

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This time last season we had less points & knew we’d have to rip out practically a full team in January. Can only base it like for like. 

Two seasons before it we were in a lower division. So yes I would say so. 

Unless you think we were in a better nick at the bottom end of the championship of course 😂

It's looking like we'll need a half a team this January,  so that is progress I suppose. 

Just now, munoz said:

It's looking like we'll need a half a team this January,  so that is progress I suppose. 

Goody on record saying he’d be happy with a couple choice signings. I wasn’t happy at all with last nights performance but I still believe we are lightyears ahead of the team last season. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Goody on record saying he’d be happy with a couple choice signings. I wasn’t happy at all with last nights performance but I still believe we are lightyears ahead of the team last season. 

We are currently only 2 points better off on this stage last season.  Not much progress for me considering JG signed his own players compared to OK having to deal with the Stubbs disaster. 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

We are currently only 2 points better off on this stage last season.  Not much progress for me considering JG signed his own players compared to OK having to deal with the Stubbs disaster. 

It’s still progress year on year. In a very short period of time we’ve went from a team on the verge of part time football & financial disaster to an SP team competing with several clubs in the league for position & four years of recorded profit. 

We have progressed every year since his stewardship.

Is there still more to do? Yes 

Did many fans think we’d be in this league so soon after the Ian Murray/ Alex Rae days? I doubt it. 

Some fans are just never happy, I’ve came to accept that. 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We know we cannot afford quality players but there is no excuse for that performance, nor our ineptitude  at set pieces, and total lack of effort or energy from some players.

Goodwin is a learner management wise,but he too has to stand up and take flack for poor tactics and player selection.

Bit of honesty all round would clear the air

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

When the new BOD came in we had Alex Rae as manager in the championship & within six months we were cut adrift at bottom of the championship. 

We are now an SP team competing for our place which is pretty much equal the best (bar 2013)  we’ve managed in the last 20 years. 

Is it just me? 😂 How on earth can people think flirting with part time football to SP isn’t progress 😅

I wish I could see it that way, but I can’t.

The turnaround under Jack Ross was fantastic.

We haven’t exactly built on that though. We scraped survival last season, basically spending a fair bit of the McGinn windfall on ending contracts and helping to pay the wages of the new guys. Then we have the battle of opinions regarding Kearney (I won’t go into that with you again as we agree to differ) but either way we started pre-season without a manager. The League Cup exit was a complete embarrassment, and swiftly ended one of our two hopes of a trophy this season.

We were led into believing the main reason behind this exit was that we were waiting on better signings. Considering we couldn’t score from open play against three part time sides, we were bloody hoping for it. So far, the good signings seem to limit to just three - Foley, McLoughlin and Broadfoot. We entered the season with 5 defenders and no full back cover for Waters the moment we met Kilmarnock. Our three strikers (leaving Cody out as he has been injured) have something like 5(?) goals between them.

Just like last season, we once again look like relegation fodder. We are now looking for a third “big January” in four seasons to bale us out. I don’t see this as progress, I see it as a stagnation that will result in eventual relegation. If that happens, I don’t see us making a swift return back to the top flight.

I want to be optimistic, I want to feel like we are progressing. But this does not look applicable to the word “progression.”