Scott & McPherson

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Whoopeeeeeeeeee - twice as much fun today...:lol:

I haven't written Erhahon off (another misrepresentation :rolleyes: ) quite the opposite I said he's a development player, not a core squad player, he hasn't appeared in the league for us this season - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Not based in evidence, has played a number of first team games, kept out first team by preferred options, standard in football 

Breadner has managed 2mins for the first team in the league this season and is another development player - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Again 11 man starting sport

MacPherson is closer than the other two but has yet to make 20 first team starts he's still a development player who's played 1 game since the opening game against Hibs  - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Seem to be backing down on this, no shame in it. He's a back-up to the first team player, evidenced in Killie game, first choice replacement. 

Djorkaeff a panic buy for the LC campaign who's played 5 minutes since JGs major signings arrived - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Show where an SP club are panicking when pairing with part-time/ non-league players? You can't evidence this. He was also on trial for a long-time, that contradicts a panic buy. 

A core squad of n-n-n-n-nineteen, 1 of whom was a panic buy, the momentum from the end of last season spunked away and the chairman saying we're "behind the curve", I don't see how this could be described as anything else but a failure by GM as TD this summer - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

how he could have been described? So not how he was described? Your story is coming apart all over the place. Like I say I will allow you to correct yourself though because that's how debating works. 

As above, you have evidenced none of this. Again, I'm happy to accept a tap out from you, it's getting a bit embarrassing how you constantly fail to address my points with evidence. 

When is a winner not a winner, when he's a self declared internet winner - think you're winning is possibly the most pathetic statement you've made in these long 8 months!

On 11/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, bazil85 said:

Neither of us is saying anything new - copy & paste saves time.:rolleyes:

Now back to the issue in hand - the failure of the TD role this summer, again you might not like it but GLS admitted it was the case when he said the club was "behind the curve".- in essence it's all part of your general scattergun strategy - saying different things at different times so you can always claim to be correct but by the same token it's always easy to show that you're wrong. :1eye

Your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed. :1eye

You're a negative sycophantic poster, I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

There was no Masterplan, you threw yourself under the bus - LMFAO!!!!!! :lol:  

Bazil85 - made an assumption

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5200 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports the POV we have nothing left to debate with, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming! :1eye

PS - I note we managed to win today using our development players or summer panic but. Congratulations to the manager and players making it off the bottom of the division despite being handicapped by the failure of our TD this summer.:lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

When is a winner not a winner, when he's a self declared internet winner - think you're winning is possibly the most pathetic statement you've made in these long 8 months!

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports the POV we have nothing left to debate with, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming! :1eye

PS - I note we managed to win today using our development players or summer panic but. Congratulations to the manager and players making it off the bottom of the division despite being handicapped by the failure of our TD this summer.:lol:

Great to see two players that you believe Gus was 100% responsible for signing in the summer on the scoresheet today. Another one getting man of the match. For a ‘failure’ he sure didn’t look that way today. 

You just can’t let it go can you [emoji28]

22 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Great to see two players that you believe Gus was 100% responsible for signing in the summer on the scoresheet today. Another one getting man of the match. For a ‘failure’ he sure didn’t look that way today. 

I don't believe GM was 100% responsible for signing either of the players who scored today - another fabrication from you.:rolleyes:

It's not just me who believes GM failed in the summer, our chairman does too - if we stay u this season it will be despite and not because of our TDs dismal summer! :1eye

22 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed. :1eye

You're a negative sycophantic poster, I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5213 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports the POV we have nothing left to debate with, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming loser! :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't believe GM was 100% responsible for signing either of the players who scored today - another fabrication from you.:rolleyes:

It's not just me who believes GM failed in the summer, our chairman does too.:1eye

Wait so you believe Gus is fully responsible for any perceived negatives regarding summer signings but doesn't get any of the plaudits for the positives? Double standards noted. I'm afraid you can't have it one way and not the other, if you want to make this up that he's fully responsible and "failed" he deserves the full credit for when things go well.

Still waiting on a "Gus failed" quote from GLS, you can't provide. 

Yet again, you're beaten in argument this time on three fronts. One - your lack of ability to provide evidence. Two - your now evidenced double standards. Three - repetition of previously bested point, proving only one of us is still able to add to the debate. 

Weeks later and this is still so very easy. 

So very easy for you to make up complete nonsense, but so very stupid...emoji28.png

I'm only agreeing with our chairman whom you obviously believe to be lying...emoji28.png

N-n-n-n-nineteen! emoji28.png

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5218 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports shows we have nothing new to debate, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming loser! :1eye

Just us nutters again... :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

So very easy for you to make up complete nonsense, but so very stupid...emoji28.png

I'm only agreeing with our chairman whom you obviously believe to be lying...emoji28.png

N-n-n-n-nineteen! emoji28.png

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports shows we have nothing new to debate, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming loser! :1eye

Just us nutters again... :1eye

1. You aren’t agreeing with our chairman. You’re taking a comment in isolation about us being behind whee we want to be as a club (which you admitted was what he was talking about) & applying the word ‘behind’ to complete failure of an individual that’s not even mentioned. Does behind mean failure? Can someone that’s behind at a point in a race, never succeed in said race? 

2. If you’re applying complete failure to Gus when we are slightly behind, is it not rational to apply complete success when something goes right? Double standards noted. 

3. Continued copy & paste in my view is a sign of defeat. It’s a personal opinion based on a person not addressing points that counter their view & not being able to give new ones supporting their claims. 👍👍

The chairman freely said we are behind the curve (I.e. f**ked up) in our summer recruitment.
That is evidenced by a series of panic signings of players some of whom cant be played because of injury or inability.
Stubbsesque anyone?
It is also evidenced by Goody's comment of " Gus might have his list, but I 've got mine"
Goody then got Foley, Mcloughlin and Waters in!

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The chairman freely said we are behind the curve (I.e. f**ked up) in our summer recruitment.

The chairman sure did, that isn't saying Gus has failed at his job which is my point. 
That is evidenced by a series of panic signings of players some of whom cant be played because of injury or inability.

he has said a very specific player was a panic buy, a player that signed months before the window closed after a long trial period. There is nothing that suggests the later players were panic buys either. 
Stubbsesque anyone?

We have one like for like comparison, Stubbs signings are almost all gone, not playing at as high a level and had us on less than half the point total we are on right now. So no, that isn't correct. 
It is also evidenced by Goody's comment of " Gus might have his list, but I 've got mine"

Exactly, this ties into my point that Gus is not 100% responsible and therefore accountable for transfer business, this was also clarified at a Q&A that described what Gus would be doing regarding research & scouting. He even said as much in an interview last year where he noted his job is based on what the manager wants. 

Goody then got Foley, Mcloughlin and Waters in!

Specific signings accountable to specific people has never been confirmed by the club, this is a baseless assumption. Regardless of the assumption, it still ties into my view that Gus is not completely accountable for recruitment. 

Seems clear that your view is somewhat of a mash-up between the two, which is fine. Completely entitled to it, just as you're entitled to assert without evidence which person was linked to which signing. 

@bazil85 Everything I've posted has been based on evidence, GLS & GMs statements about what the TD role was about, transfers being the main part - fact. That the aforementioned transfers stalled over the summer due to the managerial change that is also a matter of fact - quite clearly GMs "continuous presence" counted for little during the summer till JG arrived and selected his own targets (did you see McLoghlin's interview on BBC Alba - no mention of GM - fact :rolleyes: ) and thus in the chairman's words left us "behind the curve" fact  - he clearly considers the TDs role this summer as a failure.  All of this is backed by evidence and I shouldn't have to repeat it.. :1eye

Your spurious arguments over the size of the squad and the relative game time achieved by our squad players and panic buy are about to get more ridiculous - it's only 6/7 games till the transfer window and your "core squad players" are even further away from the first team picture. :1eye

I strongly suspect you understand all this and are just continuing with the bullying tactics which have already lead to the departure of several ex-forumsters for nothing more than expressing sincerely held views and you spuriously declaring yourself as having won the argument. 

23 hours ago, bazil85 said:

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5235 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Edited by Bud the Baker

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

@bazil85 Everything I've posted has been based on evidence, GLS & GMs statements about what the TD role was about - transfers being the main part. That the aforementioned stalled over the summer due to the managerial change that is a matter of fact - quite clearly GMs "continuous presence" counted for little during the summer till JG arrived and selected his own targets. thus in the chairman's words left us "behind the curve" - he clearly considers the TDs role this summer as a failure All of this is backed by evidence and I shouldn't have to repeat it.. :1eye

Your spurious arguments over the size of the squad and the relative game time achieved by our squad players and panic buy are about to get more ridiculous - it's only 6/7 games till the transfer window and your "core squad players" are even further away from the first team picture. :1eye

I strongly suspect you understand all this and are just continuing with the bullying tactics which have lead to the departure of several ex-forumsters for nothing more than expressing sincerely held views. 

“GLS & GMs statements about what the TD role was about - transfers being the main part.”

Yet again an acceptance it isn’t the ONLY part & as such any shortcomings have not been said to be automatically a failure for Gus. "It's a supportive role, whatever the manager wants really,

Let’s also not ignore “behind” something doesn’t mean “complete failure” Still waiting on an answer, if a runner is ‘behind’ in a race at one point, does that mean they can only fail?

“continuous presence” again not the word used but Gus has been a constantly at the club since his return, he even took training at one point to support. There’s nothing in “continuous presence” that ties to transfer business continuing & it’s natural that a supportive role won’t completely continue when the person being supported leaves, all ties back to actual quotes.

You haven’t shown one shred of evidence where behind the curve = complete failure.

Another fail but a much better effort regarding debate.  

Your spurious arguments over the size of the squad and the relative game time achieved by our squad players and panic buy are about to get more ridiculous

My views are based in evidence regarding how many teams work, unless a squad rotation is in place a core 11 (or slightly more) players are used and the rest are back-up/ have to fight for their place. It’s been proven beyond doubt with MacPherson is back-up at FB, is highly evidenced in Erhahon game time that he’s trusted & Bredtner is filtering through the same as many young players that have went onto have great careers, no reason why he can’t be called on & no evidence that Goody wouldn’t trust him.  There’s also a number of players for his position.

The “panic buy” simply doesn’t tie up with timing or the length of time he was reviewed on trial. Another much better effort, just a shame I’m the one with evidence not you.

“bullying tactics”

Again if you think my highly effective approach of pointing out where you lack evidence or where my side is backed with evidence is “bullying” I apologise. I understand it can be frustrating to “flog a dead horse” so to speak but you’re not in too deep. You can 1. Walk away 2. Admit you don’t have any evidence for your claims 3. Present evidence. As for people leaving the form (supposedly) because of me… Aw bless their cotton socks.  

Back to the double flip

You previously admitted GLS was referring to “the club” as behind the curve. I allowed you to clarify that wasn’t what you meant, as is normal in debate. Your refusal to let me clarify (even when I shared earlier posts than your reference point regarding this) my stance on the stand arrangement. I guess just shows I’m a bigger man than you when it comes to debating. Oh well.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Scott's ego and petulance has f**ked us right over. The way he and McPherson set about undermining Oran was a disgrace, now the whole club is paying for their amateurism.
Our fortunes wont change whilst wee are run by little man syndrome

Since GLS came in as chairman we have progressed every single season. We all know you hate it because of a personal vendetta but there is nothing to back up your claim here. To me these comments seem like a coping mechanism, which is absolutely fine. Whatever way you deal with a person you don't like doing great things for the team you "support" is your choice. 

As for your comments on OK, they are completely unsubstantiated and it's just as per that you'll focus on the most negative assumption regarding our chairman. 

Over here in reality: 

- Better position than this time last season

- Last six form chart has us drawn seventh overall in the league

- three (arguably) smaller teams than us in free fall meaning we can hopefully start to look up not down

- Three seasons of recorded profit 

We have a great basis to grow on, how fortunate we are to have a person with vision and business acumen as chairman. 

The game is about scoring more than your opponents. The team that scores more is then deemed to be "The Better Team" as they have taken all three points.
Durmus played well in his first game at Easter Road, since then he looks unhappy, sloppy, uninterested and throws the cap in at the first bump on the road.
Djorkaeff Goody cant even play, McAllister is crocked, Obika is bang average & Morais seems ready to pop...
Our recruitment has been pish outside Foley and the loan deals. Unlike previous seasons the poor clubs are still on the same points, that'll change before the break!

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The game is about scoring more than your opponents. The team that scores more is then deemed to be "The Better Team" as they have taken all three points.
Durmus played well in his first game at Easter Road, since then he looks unhappy, sloppy, uninterested and throws the cap in at the first bump on the road.
Djorkaeff Goody cant even play, McAllister is crocked, Obika is bang average & Morais seems ready to pop...
Our recruitment has been pish outside Foley and the loan deals. Unlike previous seasons the poor clubs are still on the same points, that'll change before the break!

Progressed as a team every season since GLS has came in, this season is no different. We are still a low end SP club so regarding the quality of players, they're not automatically going to be world beaters firing us to the title. We have a better base than this time last year to keep building on. (Side note, well done to a 'crocked' 'permanently injured' player to manage to actually feature in the last two games, what an achievement) 

Slow and steady progression is the best for our club & that is exactly what we've seen every season since the new chairman came in. Not only that but it's all been done within a budget. Well done to him & lets hope his continued, observed growth of our club doesn't stop anytime soon. 

Personal vendetta lead to bitterness. It's good you have a coping mechanism to let off some steam in what clearly must be a really hard time for you. 

Edited by bazil85

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What are the odds we end up having to pay off another batch of failed signings in January?
And will Mcloughlin & Watters fancy staying on loan?

Not every signing will work out, that's standard in football. We'll strengthen and move players on in January but so will many club. 

McLoughlin and Watters wold both have known the level the club operates at right now so I don't see why not. 

What exactly were you expecting this season? Being almost on track for our highest finish in 30 years in late November not good enough for you? 🤣

I think last night we learned who would be in the bottom half of the league and who would not...

Many folk expect Hearts to move on upwards too.

So the other 5 teams will fight it out and we will see what our BOD/Management do in the January window - it needs to be better than our 4 nearest rivals (Or at least two of them) :bounce2

Guest TPAFKATS
I think last night we learned who would be in the bottom half of the league and who would not...
Many folk expect Hearts to move on upwards too.
So the other 5 teams will fight it out and we will see what our BOD/Management do in the January window - it needs to be better than our 4 nearest rivals (Or at least two of them) :bounce2
It depends where we are in comparison to the other teams once we head into the break and then the January games. We may not necessarily have to do better in the window than the other teams.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye... trouble is out of our signings with the costly extra Director burden this season (not loaners) only ONE ( Foley) has worked out, and it was Goody who insisted on him!

You have no idea what signings were directed by Goody or not. You just make things up to cope with your bitterness that someone you dislike is doing such a good job as our chairman.