Scott & McPherson

23 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

This utter pish makes you look the laughing stock many believe you are.

Almost.......................see, I've just pished myself again, you're costing me a fortune in Pampers. 

You could say before the first game was played we were joint top. 

It

You really don't learn lessons do you? 🤣 we are drawn seventh in the last six form table, that isn't pish, it's fact.

You could say we were joint top if you wanted, it's not based on results on the park. My stat is based on results on the park. Good effort. 

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

Phew, thank goodness the league is only over the last 6 games.

I prefer just basing it on the last game against RC. 

There were other idiotic posts at the end of last season, including "we should have ended up above Hamilton if there had been one more league game"

You get more stupid by the day, and that's some going. 

I am talking about the form table not the overall league. Did you not understand that? People are allowed to look at how we've performed by the way, it doesn't mean they're mistaking the league for a six game slog. Very silly

"I prefer just basing it on the last game against RC." By your logic, does it not mean you're saying the league "is only over the last" 1 game...

People are allowed to speculate on hypotheticals, it isn't against the law, that's why hypothetical is a word... Like you are speculating that everything is doom and gloom. 

Oh meow! you seem upset at my evidence backed comment on our form. 

41 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Indeed, well spotted, my point, which for some reason you thought was serious, is as pointless as baz trying to use a selective amount of games to spout utter drivel.

Here's his original sentence that caused me to dribble................

Being almost on track for our highest finish in 30 years in late November not good enough for you? 

The competition, as you call it, is played over 38 games.

He then produced this gem.................we are drawn seventh in the last six form table, that isn't pish, it's fact

Nothing about a form table originally, nothing about a few games, just a pointless attempt to be Mr Positive, while only achieving My Walloper. 

Are you saying looking at teams form is completely pointless & that no one should ever do it when analysing a teams performance? What a strange opinion to hold. Maybe you should write to sky, BT, BBC & practically every other carrier of sport/ media outlet? 

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
I think last night we learned who would be in the bottom half of the league and who would not...
Many folk expect Hearts to move on upwards too.
So the other 5 teams will fight it out and we will see what our BOD/Management do in the January window - it needs to be better than our 4 nearest rivals (Or at least two of them) :bounce2

It depends where we are in comparison to the other teams once we head into the break and then the January games. We may not necessarily have to do better in the window than the other teams.

Okay this is true - however, do you think we will suddenly be well clear of bottom spot?

We do have some very winnable games before the end of January; Motherwell (H) only maybes ; Hamilton (A) ; Livi (H) ; Fakes (A) ; Killie (H) ; 

What are the chances of us winning 4 or 5 of these? Not great I suspect, so I think its very likely that the window will be crucial.

Only Hamilton, Livi and Ross County have worse form than us over the last 5 games, and that is only by 1 point . . .  

(The Fakes gained 4 points on us over this period too)  :oops

Guest TPAFKATS
Okay this is true - however, do you think we will suddenly be well clear of bottom spot?
We do have some very winnable games before the end of January; Motherwell (H) only maybes ; Hamilton (A) ; Livi (H) ; Fakes (A) ; Killie (H) ; 
What are the chances of us winning 4 or 5 of these? Not great I suspect, so I think its very likely that the window will be crucial.
Only Hamilton, Livi and Ross County have worse form than us over the last 5 games, and that is only by 1 point . . .  [emoji460]
(The Fakes gained 4 points on us over this period too)  :oops
I was just trying to be optimistic.

You could also argue that we could be seen to need less work on our squad in January than say St. Johnstone. We could be seen to do less and have a less successful window but still be fine.

Personally I think we need a left back as a priority.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I was just trying to be optimistic.

You could also argue that we could be seen to need less work on our squad in January than say St. Johnstone. We could be seen to do less and have a less successful window but still be fine.

Personally I think we need a left back as a priority.

I am usually optimistic too, but we are not stringing many back to back results together and our away form is woeful.

A month ago I thought the Fakes had a poor squad also - but over the last 6 matches they have won 2 drawn 2 and lost 2 - better than anyone else currently in the bottom 6. (and only bettered by Hibs who were there before 3 straight wins)

Totally with you on LB, but we have to keep improving and there is plenty room for that in a number of positions.

Given Kellermen is already away, I would not be surprised in another 3 away and some younger lads out on loan to create the finance to sign a few. (But hope before then McAllister and Magennis find some form and full fitness - they are players who could get goals if they do hit good form).   🕶️

Edited by Sweeper07

You've gone to a lot of effort to say nothing new, I fear for your sanity - if you weren't such an obnoxious bully I might even pity you. As it is I stand by the evidence I have posted many too many times and the conclusions I have drawn from them in comparison to yours.

Once more, GM who said the major part of his job as TD was recruitment failed last summer, our recruitment was too little & too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" showing that he shares this view - one sentence, end of story.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, bazil85 said:

Bully boy, N-n-n-n-nineteen, behind the "curve" it's all still correct.:1eye

You're a negative, sycophantic poster, your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

There was no Masterplan, you threw yourself under the bus - LMFAO!!!!!! :lol:  

Bazil85 - Yep I made an assumption

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5243(and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports shows we have nothing new to debate, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming loser! :1eye

53 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You've gone to a lot of effort to say nothing new, I fear for your sanity - if you weren't such an obnoxious bully I might even pity you. As it is I stand by the evidence I have posted many too many times and the conclusions I have drawn from them in comparison to yours.

Once more, GM who said the major part of his job as TD was recruitment failed last summer, our recruitment was too little & too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" showing that he shares this view - one sentence, end of story.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports shows we have nothing new to debate, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming loser! :1eye

You haven’t posted effective evidence for much you have claimed. You’re also quoting points that prove you’re wrong. 

- he isn’t completely responsible for transfers & it doesn’t seem likely he can sanction them. Therefore a hold-up is natural regarding a managerial change. Someone can’t be classed a failure in work for a situation outside his control. 

- behind the curve doesn’t mean failure. If a plan is ‘behind’ at a certain point does it mean it can never finish on track? 

- again sorry if I’ve hurt your feelings & you feel me effective debating technique is ‘bullying’ 

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1442767-st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-on-transfers-turnover-and-talent/ https://stv.tv/sport/football/1442767-st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-on-transfers-turnover-and-talent/

Not seen this posted on the site. Let’s give Goodwin and Gus their chance at this window and maybe then we can debate who if anyone has failed.

You're the one bringing the concept of "being hurt" by this tedious process - a Freudian slip perhaps? :rolleyes:

Once more, GM who said the major part of his job as TD was recruitment failed last summer, our recruitment was too little & too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" showing that he shares this view - one sentence, end of story. :lol:

Interesting read that STV article - as I've pointed out the players you've described as "core squad players" are likely to be further down the pecking order come January - the evidence against you just grows and grows! :1eye

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Bully boy, liar n-n-n-n-nineteen, behind the "curve" it's all still correct.:1eye

You're a negative, sycophantic poster, your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5243(and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

You're the one bringing the concept of "being hurt" by this tedious process - a Freudian slip perhaps? :rolleyes:

I asked you the question based on you seemingly getting upset at my very effective tactics (use of evidence/ pointing out where you don’t) 

Once more, GM who said the major part of his job as TD was recruitment failed last summer, our recruitment was too little & too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" showing that he shares this view - one sentence, end of story. :lol:

Interesting read that STV article - as I've pointed out the players you've described as "core squad players" are likely to be further down the pecking order come January - the evidence against you just grows and grows! :1eye

Already proven you wrong on the rest. You have been beaten in debate and that’s very clear. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Already proven you wrong on the rest. You have been beaten in debate and that’s very clear. 

Well as it's almost panto season I'll give the appropriate reply - Oh no you've not:1eye

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Bully boy, liar n-n-n-n-nineteen, behind the "curve" it's all still correct.:1eye

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5243(and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well as it's almost panto season I'll give the appropriate reply - Oh no you've not:1eye

No added value. Tap out accepted 👍

I don't need to add anything to the fact that the failure of our TD this summer left us with an understrength & underprepared squad which was acknowledged by our Chairman when he said we were "behind the curve".  😂😂😂

Your use of generic interweb put-downs and questioning the integrity of our beloved Chairman only highlight the weakness/non-existence  of your case Baz.   😂😂😂

22 hours ago, bazil85 said:

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5243(and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't need to add anything to the fact that the failure of our TD this summer left us with an understrength & underprepared squad which was acknowledged by our Chairman when he said we were "behind the curve".  😂😂😂

Your use of generic interweb put-downs and questioning the integrity of our beloved Chairman only highlight the weakness/non-existence  of your case Baz.   😂😂😂

You do though, you've claimed the chairman has said Gus has failed in his job. What you quote doesn't remotely say that. 

You are the one calling him a liar. Already noted your double standards regarding the semantics of words. I am denying he said what you claim, I'm very sure he would back me up on this as well if asked "Has Gus completely failed in his TD role?"

Middle copy and paste again all addressed, tap out accepted again. 

As we enter the build-up to the next transfer window my interest in the last one wanes however as stated I will keep this up as long as you continue with your bullying tactics, failed arguments and tired internet memes...:rolleyes:

Amidst the OK saga in the summer GM failed in his defined role this summer (as I've explained many times) - our signings were too few and too late we are (joint) bottom of the league - this was opinion is obviously shared by our beloved Chairman as evidenced by him stating we are "behind the curve" - as the word "spin" seems to be outwith your vocabulary then you must by your own logic in other threads think he is lying. :rolleyes:

Your sycophantic posting does no convince anyone and in fact is amongst the most negative on the forum. :rolleyes:

On 11/30/2019 at 4:34 PM, bazil85 said:

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5292 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As we enter the build-up to the next transfer window my interest in the last one wanes however as stated I will keep this up as long as you continue with your bullying tactics, failed arguments and tired internet memes...

We’ll be in for a long slog then by your misrepresentation. Again though if you feel my evidence backed debating techniques are “bullying” I apologise. I can see how it might be interpreted that way, given the absolute kicking you’ve received on these subjects.

Amidst the OK saga in the summer GM failed in his defined role this summer (as I've explained many times) - our signings were too few and too late we are (joint) bottom of the league - this was opinion is obviously shared by our beloved Chairman as evidenced by him stating we are "behind the curve" - as the word "spin" seems to be outwith your vocabulary then you must by your own logic in other threads think he is lying. 

GLS specifically is quoted as saying the role wasn’t "defined" when Gus joined, please either share a follow-up statement where it was defined to encompass that even the slightest hold-up in recruitment would result in Gus failing?… Or you could always say you believe GLS was lying when he said about the role being defined after the recruitment? You've alluded to your belief in him lying previously anyway. More double standards? 

Your sycophantic posting does no convince anyone and in fact is amongst the most negative on the forum. 

Deflection tactic from your own negativity noted.

Edited by bazil85

10 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

We need them to step up to the plate in this transfer time,strikers in ,midfield out,balance the books

Agreed work is needed (like pretty much any other team). But at least it isn't a full squad out rebuild again. Not sure I agree on the midfield out though, they've been pretty solid and we have decent depth. 

As for balancing the books, hopefully when we take off all the one off expenses we've faced from rebuilding teams & replacing managers, there won't be a great deal to do. GLS said in the accounts forward planning has already taken place. 

On 11/29/2019 at 11:50 AM, Russian Saint said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1442767-st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-on-transfers-turnover-and-talent/ https://stv.tv/sport/football/1442767-st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-on-transfers-turnover-and-talent/

Not seen this posted on the site. Let’s give Goodwin and Gus their chance at this window and maybe then we can debate who if anyone has failed.

Totally agree that it is way too early to judge him or Gus after the Oran debacle and the late start on recruitment.  :cheers

He is saying "1 or 2 with real bits of quality" - so long as they don't have tiny bits of quality and lots of mediocrity. We need better players than we currently have in a number of positions, so there is room for improvement and will be after this next window closes.  The real issue is will the improvements be significant enough to keep us up?

Morgan getting game time recently, so wondering how likely it is that he will come to us?  :exclaim

I refer you to my previous example of when a winner is not a winner, when he's a self declared internet winner, your obsession on this matter is risible, and as for giving me a "total kicking" like I said you're just a bully who's lost control of your demented internet persona.  😂😂😂

Anyway back on the subject - there was no need for late recruitment this summer GLS said we had  learned the lessons from the summer of 2017 and that GMs job was to provide continuity, GM himself defined his role saying it was mainly about recruitment - it's all there in black & white (sic). We lost the momentum we had from the end of last season when OK left, signings stalled and when they finally arrived they were too few and too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" and joint bottom of the division, and the consequence was GLS expressing his judgement that GM failed in his role this summer - we're talking about a medium sized Scottish football club not the moon landings it's shouldn't be difficult to understand. As ever you're tying yourself in knots and your sycophantic defence of our beloved Chairman Hiram N. Firem that he hired GM with no defined purpose is one of the most negative arguments I've read on this forum.   😂😂😂

On 12/2/2019 at 5:11 PM, bazil85 said:

Bully boy, liar, n-n-n-n-nineteen, behind the "curve" it's all still correct and always will be!!!!!!!!!.:1eye

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5307 (and rising, always rising :rolleyes:) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I refer you to my previous example of when a winner is not a winner, when he's a self declared internet winner, your obsession on this matter is risible, and as for giving me a "total kicking" like I said you're just a bully who's lost control of your demented internet persona.  😂😂😂

I've observably beaten you in this argument by pointing out where you lack evidence, where I have evidence and most recently, your double standards regarding the context of statements and communications. 

Anyway back on the subject - there was no need for late recruitment this summer GLS said we had  learned the lessons from the summer of 2017 and that GMs job was to provide continuity, GM himself defined his role saying it was mainly about recruitment - it's all there in black & white (sic). We lost the momentum we had from the end of last season when OK left, signings stalled and when they finally arrived they were too few and too late which in the words of our Chairman left us "behind the curve" and joint bottom of the division, and the consequence was GLS expressing his judgement that GM failed in his role this summer - we're talking about a medium sized Scottish football club not the moon landings it's shouldn't be difficult to understand. As ever you're tying yourself in knots and your sycophantic defence of our beloved Chairman Hiram N. Firem that he hired GM with no defined purpose is one of the most negative arguments I've read on this forum.   😂😂😂

1. Show evidence better players were available to us earlier in the window

2. You contradict yourself by even claiming an early signing was a "panic buy"

3. Tie up continuity to Gus could authorise multiple signings without a manager

4. GM also defined his role as "whatever the manager wants" so again show where the role was defined as, in the event of a managerial change he could take full control. It wasn't in that article

5. Show how the words "mainly about recruitment" mean he was fully in charge of recruitment

6. Show where Goodwin has said or signings were "too few" he's came out recently saying he's only wanting to do minimum activity in January

7. Show where GLS explicitly expressed this judgement of Gus? (Behind the curve doesn't mean failure as I have pointed out multiple times)

8. He literally says Gus coming in was needed to define the role. This isn't your spin on "behind the curve" it is an actual quote using the word "define"

You've still refused to answer my question on what this even means, deflection from question noted. 

a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame -5307 (and rising, always rising)

Let's not deflect from the point you're also set on continuing here and have an absolute need to engage with me, you've admitted as much. Guess that's where we are alike, I enjoy this aspect of BAWA and you clearly do as well. 

As with all your other posts on this subject, I have shown how easy it is to challenge your arguments with simple evidence and pointing out where you have none. Continued double standards on the meaning of words also noted.

The possibility of yet another big upheaval in personnel next month is real.
Players like Djorkaeff who Goody cant play will need loaning (if he agrees to go to Arbroath etc) or will be compo'd out (courtesy of the Meatball money tree).
Durmus who has drifted out of first pick might feel the grass is greener elsewhere but again at a cost.
Mcloughlin and Watters, or their clubs might not want to send them back?
Magennis has his suitors.
Hladky after signing his pca could move on the cheap....
Cant see Obika moving, but Morais is a different kettle of fish.
And that's before we even consider strengthening, and what players that could sideline as a result?
I hope for McAllister's sake the player, club and medical experts come to an agreed position. The lad just isn't fit to play, and someone needs to acknowledge that and help him.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The possibility of yet another big upheaval in personnel next month is real.
Players like Djorkaeff who Goody cant play will need loaning (if he agrees to go to Arbroath etc) or will be compo'd out (courtesy of the Meatball money tree).
Durmus who has drifted out of first pick might feel the grass is greener elsewhere but again at a cost.
Mcloughlin and Watters, or their clubs might not want to send them back?
Magennis has his suitors.
Hladky after signing his pca could move on the cheap....
Cant see Obika moving, but Morais is a different kettle of fish.
And that's before we even consider strengthening, and what players that could sideline as a result?
I hope for McAllister's sake the player, club and medical experts come to an agreed position. The lad just isn't fit to play, and someone needs to acknowledge that and help him.

McAllister  has a long term problem  that has to be managed ,he will be a sub for the season,hoping to make an impact in the last 15 mins if games he is a very important  part of the squad