Scott & McPherson

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

……………...and you're arguing with me because you're totally indifferent Flipper. :1eye

*******************-

We have a squad of 22 out of which 3 are development players so really only 19 (see below) one of these is a panic buy from our summer holidays and two have poor fitness records, we're "behind the curve" as GLS admitted prior to the Celtic game, bottom of the Division and clearly have no alternatives the manager trusts which is to say the DoF role failed in the close season.

You threw your under a bus Flipper, I almost pity you - LMFAO . :lol:

Oh and you still owe me an apology

1. Why do the three development players not count? That's equally (or arguably more) important to our recruitment process. Yes they may not be relevant to the specific recruitment process but it doesn't mean our squad is suddenly 19 & not 22. 

2. No evidence any player is a panic buy, don't even know who you're referring to. 

3. Is poor fitness in a couple of our players completely exclusive to SMFC? This happens at every level & players struggle with fitness for a variety of reasons. Risk & reward is part of football, that's fact

4. DOF came in roughly this time last season. January window - undoubted success. Summer window - Noted improvement on last season by practically all parameters.

Good effort but it is yet another fail from you. 

You are not owed an apology. 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, windae cleaner said:

So much pish being spouted

Kearney had no intention in coming back in the summer

Way back in April this was the case as the stories coming across the water were coming through

It dragged on too long but that was down to money

This came from a manager in the same league he is in now

His words were "St Mirren got a raw deal in the media"

Saying that MacPherson should had done a better job in the summer whilst this dragged on

No surprise Colerine are doing well they were far better prepared than we were

This is what I think , based on the fact that the Coleraine job being kept open for so long , Jimmy Nichol moving on  and the fact that we never made any moves for any Northern Ireland based players . 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

1. Why do the three development players not count? That's equally (or arguably more) important to our recruitment process. Yes they may not be relevant to the specific recruitment process but it doesn't mean our squad is suddenly 19 & not 22. 

2. No evidence any player is a panic buy, don't even know who you're referring to. 

3. Is poor fitness in a couple of our players completely exclusive to SMFC? This happens at every level & players struggle with fitness for a variety of reasons. Risk & reward is part of football, that's fact

4. DOF came in roughly this time last season. January window - undoubted success. Summer window - Noted improvement on last season by practically all parameters.

Good effort but it is yet another fail from you. 

You are not owed an apology. 

1. The development players don't count because of their age (18-20) lack of first team experience and the clear fact that manager doesn't trust them to start a game. the only league game started by Breadner, Erhahon & MacPherson since the opening game of the season before JGs signings were bedded in was MacPherson against Killie when Waters was unavailable, they're development players  not ready to start a first team game at this level - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

2. Djorkaeff who has managed 5 minutes since the. opening game of the season when JG - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

3. We chose to sign two players with poor fitness records McAllister & MacKenzie because of the mess we got into changing managers in the summer and the fact the DoF failed in his remit and was unable to provide continuity - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

4. The DoF failed to fulfil the role publicly specified by GLS when he was hired this summer, at present we don't have enough players of the required ability to even fill the bench, Cooke is the only player whose absence could be attributed to bad luck - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

You owe me an apology for misrepresenting what I posted - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

Poor effort it is yet another fail from you Flipper! (and another cheap debating trick which I can do as well as you:1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. The development players don't count because of their age (18-20) lack of first team experience and the clear fact that manager doesn't trust them to start a game. the only league game started by Breadner, Erhahon & MacPherson since the opening game of the season before JGs signings were bedded in was MacPherson against Killie when Waters was unavailable, they're development players  not ready to start a first team game at this level - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

2. Djorkaeff who has managed 5 minutes since the. opening game of the season when JG - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

3. We chose to sign two players with poor fitness records McAllister & MacKenzie because of the mess we got into changing managers in the summer and the fact the DoF failed in his remit and was unable to provide continuity - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

4. The DoF failed to fulfil the role publicly specified by GLS when he was hired this summer, at present we don't have enough players of the required ability to even fill the bench, Cooke is the only player whose absence could be attributed to bad luck - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

You owe me an apology for misrepresenting what I posted - it's not hard to understand even for you Flipper. :1eye

Poor effort but it is yet another fail from you Flipper! (and another cheap debating trick which I can do as well as you:1eye

1. Incorrect, we have had plenty of young players in that age bracket play over our recent history. The nature of a squad is you'll have first team and more supporting players. They're in the first team squad because they're trusted to be used if needed. You have absolutely no clout that they are 'not ready' to play. The fact JG wants to play others ahead of them, does not mean they wouldn't be trusted if needed.

2. Panic buy in July, hahahaha

3. Mackenzie has been a massive part of our promotion and two survivals. Struggles with fitness? Yes but until this second I would have put my lifesaving on absolutely no SMFC fans regretting him as a signing. As far as I can tell he has been fully fit this season and has only been kept out the starting 11 by a CB pairing that have drawn much praise & one game removed, generally been difficult to breakdown.

Mccalister was fully fit when signed but yep has been plagued with injuries. He was a risk to sign because some players are just injury prone, no denying that. Should the player just have retired and no club at all taken a punt on him in the summer? He has bags of ability, if the risk pays off, he could be indefensible. Again not an SMFC issue, many clubs take a risk on players prone to injury. It doesn't always pay off.  

4. I've already debunked this many times through the actual direct quote from GLS. You can hate, deny or ignore it all you want. It doesn't change the fact the role couldn't be "defined" until the person came in. 

If you're talking about the 10% increase to wage player budget the two stands deal brought in. IMO there is no middle ground, you either accept that's what it was or claim GLS is a liar. No apology coming as it isn't owed. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

1. Incorrect, we have had plenty of young players in that age bracket play over our recent history. The nature of a squad is you'll have first team and more supporting players. They're in the first team squad because they're trusted to be used if needed. You have absolutely no clout that they are 'not ready' to play. The fact JG wants to play others ahead of them, does not mean they wouldn't be trusted if needed.

2. Panic buy in July, hahahaha

3. Mackenzie has been a massive part of our promotion and two survivals. Struggles with fitness? Yes but until this second I would have put my lifesaving on absolutely no SMFC fans regretting him as a signing. As far as I can tell he has been fully fit this season and has only been kept out the starting 11 by a CB pairing that have drawn much praise & one game removed, generally been difficult to breakdown.

Mccalister was fully fit when signed but yep has been plagued with injuries. He was a risk to sign because some players are just injury prone, no denying that. Should the player just have retired and no club at all taken a punt on him in the summer? He has bags of ability, if the risk pays off, he could be indefensible. Again not an SMFC issue, many clubs take a risk on players prone to injury. It doesn't always pay off.  

4. I've already debunked this many times through the actual direct quote from GLS. You can hate, deny or ignore it all you want. It doesn't change the fact the role couldn't be "defined" until the person came in. 

5 If you're talking about the 10% increase to wage player budget the two stands deal brought in. IMO there is no middle ground, you either accept that's what it was or claim GLS is a liar. No apology coming as it isn't owed. 

1. That was then, different players at different stages of development - in the current squad of the three players mentioned only MacPherson has made more than a token appearance since the Hibs game - to regard any of them as more than fringe/development players is desperate. :1eye

2. 5 minutes in 3 months hahahaha! :1eye

3. a) Mackenzie has been a good player in previous seasons but that's irrelevant to this season, I wouldn't have resigned him this season where as well as being injured he's been kept out of the team by a centre-back pairing which despite the praise :rolleyes: had steered us to the bottom of the division. As I presume he'll only be on a 1 year deal probably not a biggy!

b) Nice to see you mention McAllister (correct spelling) might be one of those players who are "injury prone" three months late but nice all the same. As our "marquee" signing this summer it's might very well turn out to be a biggy!

My criticism of these deals is that they seem very much to have been made with undue haste as a consequence of a second successive summer of turmoil which even GLS admits has left us "behind the curve" and as I say unable to fill our bench with match ready players. You really threw yourself under the bus when you bought into GLSs "Masterplan" wheeze - LMFAO! :lol:

4 No you haven't debunked anything - the role of the DoF was "defined" by GLS when GM was appointed - it was to "provide continuity" which he failed to do this summer as recognized by GLS prior to the Celtic game when he said we were "behind the curve". I don't have to "hate, deny or ignore" anything when I can disprove you by quoting GLSs actual words. :1eye

5 No I'm not talking about your double-flip in the Two Stands issue I'm referring to you misrepresenting me during our last discussion in the DoF thread about a month ago - you still owe me an apology for that DoubleFlip85.

Edited by Bud the Baker

25 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. Of the three players mentioned only MacPherson has made more than a token appearance since the Hibs game - to regard any of them as more than fringe players is desperate. :1eye

I'm sure there are other 22 man squads in existence where a few players haven't had much game time. You do know we play an 11 starting player sport right? Yet again, not a SMFC specific point. 

2. 5 minutes in 3 months hahahaha! :1eye

See above, still doesn't make him a panic buy. "Quick only the 50 days of the transfer window left"

3. a) Mackenzie has been a good player in previous seasons but that's irrelevant to this season, I wouldn't have resigned him this season where as well as being injured he's been kept out of the team by a centre-back pairing which despite the praise :rolleyes: had steered us to the bottom of the division. As I presume he'll only be on a 1 year deal probably not a biggy!

He played right up to the death last season... Not only that he was absolutely a key factor in us going unbeaten in nine games and surviving. Why wouldn't you have signed him this season but would have in the previous season? When was he last injured since last season? He's been on the bench every game as far as I can tell. Great back-up player to have for a mostly solid centre back pairing. 

b) Nice to see you mention McAllister (correct spelling) might be one of those players who are "injury prone" three months late but nice all the same. As our "marquee" signing this summer it's might very well turn out to be a biggy!

Was he called a marquee signing? Again I don't remember this. Again taking a risk on players fitness is not exclusive to St Mirren, clearly just picking things to moan about as usual. 

My criticism of these deals is that they seem very much to have been made with undue haste as a consequence of a second successive summer of turmoil which even GLS admits has left us "behind the curve" and as I say unable to fill our bench with match ready players. You really threw yourself under the bus when you bought into GLSs "Masterplan" wheeze - LMFAO! :lol:

Never ideal to lose a manager at the time when we did, do you not think you're holding the club to unrealistic standards? To expect anything other than absolutely zero disruption in a manager change to be a 'failure?' Kindly point to the part in the article that stated in no uncertain terms that's what would happen? 

GLS master-plan as you like to call it (I wouldn't) has seen us make progress as a club every year since he became chairman. This sticks in the throat of the BOD boo boys. 

4 No you haven't debunked anything - the role of the DoF as stated by GLS when GM was appointed was to "provide continuity" which he failed to do this summer as recognized by GLS when he said we were "behind the curve". I don't have to "hate, deny or ignore" anything when I can disprove you by quoting GLSs actual words. :1eye

Firstly he isn't a DOF, he's a technical director. Secondly "we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it." Thirdly, the interview I read doesn't say about continuity in the fashion you seem to be suggesting. It says constant presence. Which he has been, even to the extent he was able to step-up and take training. Again feel free to correctly me with an actual quote because I can't find "provide continuity" anywhere, you appear to be wrong. 

5 No I'm not talking about your double-flip in the Two Stands issue I'm referring to you misrepresenting me our last discussion in the DoF thread about a month ago - you still owe me an apology for that DoubleFlip85.

I don't know what you mean about this, I thought it was my consistent two stand view that you cry about because GLS comments showed I was right. Feel free to elaborate

Edited by bazil85

I can keep this up as long as you can.....

1 We don't have a 22 man squad we have a 19 man squad with 3 development players Breadner, Erhahon or MacPherson promoted above their current abilities and readiness - arguing otherwise is desperate..

2. 5 minutes in three months -keep telling yourself that! 

3. Losing the manager is a rather bland description of the summer's event but what I'm holding the club to is GLSs statement that the DoF was appointed to provide continuity which didn't happen in the summer and attempting to  shift the goalposts doesn't change that. :1eye

GLSs "Masterplan" as revealed in a pre-match radio interview before the Aberdeen game that you latched on was to wait later on in the window before signing your "targets"  - this was revealed for the nonsense it was in another interview prior to the Celtic game when he admitted the summers events had left us "behind the curve". No-one forced you to throw yourself under the bus defend the first statement - LMFAO!. :lol:

4. DoF/Technical Director - semantics which took you 4 months to challenge (wtf :rolleyes:) it doesn't change the fact that GM failed to provide continuity  this summer but if it makes you happy I will refer to him as TD in future posts. The club had a plan and once MacPherson was appointed it had "manpower to define and execute it" - to deny this is to say that the appointment of GM was pointless and is a bigger criticism of GLS than any I've ever made. You've tied yourself in knots so much you've become the King of Negative.  :lol:  It's all contained in the BBC article. :1eye

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45564078

5. Your doubleflip over the Two Stands issue is a matter of record and denying this would be embarrassing to a normal person although you clearly don't fit this description - the apology you owe is for misrepresenting me in the DoF thread last month, it's not the first time I've said so specifically today.. :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I can keep this up as long as you can.....

That's fine, a lot of what you're saying is your opinion from a negative perspective, it won't change mine. Other stuff is just wrong. 

1. Where are you getting this from? I have seen nothing from the club saying they’ve been “promoted above their current abilities and readiness.” Seems like just your negative baseless opinion. Entitled to it, as am I to challenge it due to it being based in absolutely no fact.  

2. You are yet to provide anything that suggests it was a “panic buy” what are you using as definition of “panic buy” here? Because it’s certainly not to meet the transfer deadline.

3. Debunked, read the news story you shared and show me where it says there would be absolutely no impact of a manager change or anything other than a continuing presence which Gus has been. If you don’t think that’s the case, point to where he hasn’t been continuously employed at the club since September 2018? As for the summer events, lots of grey areas & contrasting views. It’s a personal choice if people think GLS is completely in the right or OK is completely right. You clearly think it’s the latter, I think it’ll be somewhere in-between.

4. I let it go because it isn’t a big deal, agree on that. It got to the point where you were so constantly wrong on it, I thought I should correct you. If you can’t even read the article title, no wonder you got the content so wrong. "We want to have someone within the football department who will be a constant presence," Again, point out when Gus has not been a constant employee of SMFC since September 2018 please? Do you know what the word define means?

Next bit is word twisting… And very bad word twisting at that, it’s completely false. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/st-mirren-technical-director-gus-13629504 More clarity on what Gus role is, apparently after it was more “defined”

5. I have been completely consistent on the two stand arrangement, I have challenged you and others several times to show any element where I have changed my stance. It always follows avoidance or failure, depending on the contributor. I don’t remember misrepresenting you and don’t believe for a second you are being truthful about that. The amount of time you’ve spent on it, surely it would have been faster just to pick out the post? Deflection seems likely.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

1. I'm getting it from the fact that of the 3 players we're talking about only Cammy Macpherson has made more than a token appearance since the Hibs game but maybe that's just JG being negative. :rolleyes:

2. Getting a player, any player. in for the LC campaign who is now out of the picture - a panic buy who's not up to standard. We won't be seeing his dad at the ground again.

3. Your semantics in trying to argue what "continuous presence" actually means is staggering. GM may have been employed by the club as TD over the summer but he failed to provide us with an effective "constant presence" because signings stalled even though in his own words  "a major part of his job was recruitment" and we did not have a team ready to compete at the start of the season - in the words of GLS we are "behind the curve" but hey maybe he's also just being negative. :rolleyes: That "Masterplan" you threw yourself under a bus to defend just gets more ridiculous - LMFAO! :lol:

Where have I said I think OK was in the right over his departure this summer - nowhere, that's just something you made up! I think OK tried to bounce GLS into changing their agreement and lost his job for this. You're just assuming because I agree with LPM on certain issues I agree with him on everything when in this case it's the exact opposite of what I actually think - you're totally bonkers! :1eye

4.Again your argument is just semantics if the reason for hiring MacPherson was an ends in itself then fair enough but it clearly wasn't because as GLS said "we have learned lessons" so I don't see how the DR article where GM says the major part of his job is about recruitment supports your POV..

5. No, you double flipped over the Two Stand argument first when you realized you were wrong and did calculations on the Away Stand plus the overspill in the West Stand and again in April when GLS tried his spin on the subject  - I remember it and I'm sure others do too. As for the misrepresentation in the DoF/TD thread much like above you made an assumption which was nothing to do with what I actually said on a issue - like I say you're totally bonkers! :1eye 

@bazil85

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

This is what I think , based on the fact that the Coleraine job being kept open for so long , Jimmy Nichol moving on  and the fact that we never made any moves for any Northern Ireland based players . 

Strange then that when Oran "had no input into planning for the season ahead" (GLS) that we began our pre-season preparations with games in Belfast and against the very side who GLS said it was an open secret from April than Oran would be rejoining - likewise our linking up with a team in Northern Ireland. Strange also that 10 days before Oran was sacked Oran and GLS gave interviews to STV discussing the season ahead and quashing speculation that Oran would return to part-time football with Coleraine.

None of Oran's priority targets were made competitive offers by the club, but GLS landed his own top target... Kyle McAllister.

I think it is a lot more likely that Oran and GLS had a rammy about this season's budget and Oran feeling that the board weren't going to back him in the summer window to bring in Popescu and others and disagreeing on signing targets for the season ahead. After the rammy the working relationship had broken down and a parting of the ways became inevitable.

In the final 3 months of last season we began to look like a mid-table team form-wise and in terms of results. Oran had raised expectations that if we built on that finish we could be in or around the top 6 this season. Fitzpatrick and GLS also spent much of the close season talking about the top 4 or 6 being our aim this season. With the budget being reduced and Oran being over-ruled / not backed on summer signings he perhaps thought we risked another season of battling to avoid relegation again. I think Oran felt that if the board were going to keep setting an aim of top 4 or top 6 while season tickets were being sold that to reduce the budget behind the scenes and ignore his signing targets was a recipe for us being relegated and had that happened people may have thought he had been lucky to beat the drop last summer and had been found out this season.

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. I'm getting it from the fact that of the 3 players we're talking about only Cammy Macpherson has made more than a token appearance since the Hibs game but maybe that's just JG being negative. :rolleyes:

- Again FYI, our sport involves 11 starting people  I would fully expect a few from a 22 man squad not to feature much. Not an SMFC issue. 

2. Getting a player, any player. in for the LC campaign who is now out of the picture - a panic buy who's not up to standard. We won't be seeing his dad at the ground again.

The squad we had should have been by far & away enough to qualify from that group. No one was panic buying to beat L2 & Non league teams ffs. 

3. Your semantics in trying to argue what "continuous presence" actually means is staggering. GM may have been employed by the club as TD over the summer but he failed to provide us with an effective "constant presence" because signings stalled even though in his own words  "a major part of his job was recruitment" and we did not have a team ready to compete at the start of the season - in the words of GLS we are "behind the curve" but hey maybe he's also just being negative. :rolleyes: That "Masterplan" you threw yourself under a bus to defend just gets more ridiculous - LMFAO! :lol:

- you’re showing everyone you either haven’t read or haven’t understood the article because you’re quoting job parameters that aren’t there. 

Where have I said I think OK was in the right over his departure this summer - nowhere, that's just something you made up! I think OK tried to bounce GLS into changing their agreement and lost his job for this. You're just assuming because I agree with LPM on certain issues I agree with him on everything when in this case it's the exact opposite of what I actually think - you're totally bonkers! :1eye

- yep made an assumption but it’s been based on your anti SMFC/ GLS comments over many subjects. Your content above seems to confirm I was right & you did fully take OK side. 

4.Again your argument is just semantics if the reason for hiring MacPherson was an ends in itself then fair enough but it clearly wasn't because as GLS said "we have learned lessons" so I don't see how the DR article where GM says the major part of his job is about recruitment supports your POV..

- no where can I find any part of the story that hints it would be a failure on that job front if continuity was impacted even slightly in a manager change. You also haven’t provided it, quoting content that doesn’t exist doesn’t quite cut it. Holding Gus to unreasonable standards IMO

5. No, you double flipped over the Two Stand argument first when you realized you were wrong and did calculations on the Away Stand plus the overspill in the West Stand and again in April when GLS tried his spin on the subject  - I remember it and I'm sure others do too. As for the misrepresentation in the DoF/TD thread much like above you made an assumption which was nothing to do with what I actually said on a issue - like I say you're totally bonkers! :1eye 

- Nope my view has always been one stand vs two. Others felt that was a better approach, my calculations were purely to show it was still likely decent money using the parameter other people thought we should use. Not once did I comment or even hint that was my new preferred method. Again showing your lack of ability to understand simple comments. Also Evidenced by not even understanding Gus job title even though it was in the headline of an article you shared. 

For argument sake If I was to say the new IT system will save us £500 on our current processes, this is the best comparison... But even looking at processes used 10 years ago, it would still save us £300. That doesn’t mean I have changed my mind on the first part. Very basic stuff this. 

Arrived at the club fully fit in the summer. Do keep up 
Really? Despite you being shown numerous quotes from the player himself stating he has been injured/had a groins condition since playing youth football.
And the fact he never played for Derby first team, and hardlt made a u21 appearance for them. And that our manager, on signing him said " we have to manage his condition"
But hey if you believe that is fully fit...

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really? Despite you being shown numerous quotes from the player himself stating he has been injured/had a groins condition since playing youth football.
And the fact he never played for Derby first team, and hardlt made a u21 appearance for them. And that our manager, on signing him said " we have to manage his condition"
But hey if you believe that is fully fit...

You quoted a story from months before he signed. Goody confirmed in his welcome interview he was fully fit and our duty was to keep him that way. 

But hey if you want to continue to bash the young man & feel no club should have signed him & he should have just retired & given up on football, fine. 

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

3. Your semantics in trying to argue what "continuous presence" actually means is staggering. GM may have been employed by the club as TD over the summer but he failed to provide us with an effective "constant presence" because signings stalled even though in his own words  "a major part of his job was recruitment" and we did not have a team ready to compete at the start of the season - in the words of GLS we are "behind the curve" but hey maybe he's also just being negative. :rolleyes: That "Masterplan" you threw yourself under a bus to defend just gets more ridiculous - LMFAO! :lol:

- yep made an assumption - End of Story!

4.Again your argument is just semantics if the reason for hiring MacPherson was an ends in itself then fair enough but it clearly wasn't because as GLS said "we have learned lessons" so the DR article where GM says the major part of his job is about recruitment actually rebute your POV.. :1eye 

5. No, you double flipped over the Two Stand argument first when you realized you were wrong and did calculations on the Away Stand plus the overspill in the West Stand and again in April when GLS tried his spin on the subject  - I remember it and I'm sure others do too. As for the misrepresentation in the DoF/TD thread much like above you made an assumption which was nothing to do with what I actually said on a issue - like I say you're totally bonkers! :1eye 

For argument sake If I was to say the new IT system will save us £500 on our current processes, this is the best comparison... But even looking at processes used 10 years ago, it would still save us £300. That doesn’t mean I have changed my mind on the first part. Very basic stuff this. 

Nope you flipped twice on the OF ticket issue and this irrelevant drivel changes nothing.

Flipper85 - 5116 posts of nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Edited by Bud the Baker

You quoted a story from months before he signed. Goody confirmed in his welcome interview he was fully fit and our duty was to keep him that way. 
But hey if you want to continue to bash the young man & feel no club should have signed him & he should have just retired & given up on football, fine. 
Would you buy, or bet on a lame race horse?

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Would you buy, or bet on a lame race horse?

It's embarrassing watching Baz twist himself in knots.. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

It's embarrassing watching Baz twist himself in knots trying to prove GLS has never made a mistake. 
Indeed. He also demonstrates zero respect for Kyle McAllister who openly came out and confirmed he has an injury/condition that he has had for years. And ignores Goodwin's acknowledgement of it when he said they would ,manage' it on signing.
It's a desperate drowning man syndrome, trying to grasp water, instead of just slowly sinking beneath the surface.
The only person (including the player himself) who refuses to accept he has always been injured is Baz.