Scott & McPherson

35 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You double-flipped on the Two Stands argument. you started out arguing that the extra revenue should be based on two stands vs one...

1) The first flip was when you made an estimate of £54k (which is on record sometime back in April) of additional revenue using One Stand and the West Bank overspill as the basis for this figure - their was no disclaimer so it's perfectly reasonable to accept that you meant what you said at the time.

2) The second, shameful, flip was after GLS made his April statement which appeared to have been deleted the last time we went over this ground. :rolleyes:

Now either you double-flipped or you're saying that anything you post is meaningless and can be denied when it becomes inconvenient - once more this is old ground that we've been over before.

PS - 10% of the wages budget LMFAO at that too! :lol:

Great, we're making progress (a little anyway), now I can continue with my evidence based debunking. Regarding your now standard copy and paste, I have addressed every issue & you've failed to respond so I feel we can move by that. If you want to progress any of those points, provide actual evidence for your claim. 

Point 1 - A double flip on the two stand arrangement. 

A couple of my posts that confirm I was only looking at a different comparison & was completely unwavering in my approach that one vs two is best. The way debating works, feel free to show any quote at all that contradicts the below, otherwise I will accept your defeat on this point. 

April 8

Point 1

Yet again (must be the fifth time) please feel free to quote any message from me where it suggests I was looking at what we did over four seasons ago? My point is and always has been the difference between given them one stand and two stands. The only two options from GLS message that was available as he had stated West would be for St Mirren fans only given ticket sales. Why on earth would me or anyone else compare between an option that was already ruled out before a ball was kicked this season? It makes zero sense. 

Do you actually think W6/7 was an option at any point before season? I seen nothing to suggest that and I think there would have been massive backlash so it's a moot point IMO. 

In saying that (here we go again). The difference in tickets available to the OF in getting two stands compared to just W6/7 is 936 tickets. (1,654 - 718). 936 X 20 X 3

Again allowing for concession tickets. That would be an income of £56,160 + the added catering income. Even taking off added policing costs I'd still likely not be far away in my estimate of between one and two players. :rolleyes:

Again to clarify because people really struggle to take this in. THIS WAS NEVER THE CALCULATION I WAS DOING. Away you go and search out another corner. :booty

Comment 2

Yet again and whether you like it or not, I was comparing one stand vs two because I didn’t see the relevance in something we definitely weren’t going to do that a previous board did almost four seasons ago. 

You can deny that’s what I was talking about but you’re still unable to prove it wasn’t. Look at every message I’ve sent on here and you’ll find nothing but consistency on this point. I can tell it bugs you but that’s the case. :rolleyes:

youre also ignoring I did the calculations on the difference between W6/7 and the full stand and the income is still over £50,000. Take off expenses it’s probably still over a players wage or close to it. Does it ever exhaust you being so often wrong in this conversation? :clapping

Point 2 Deletion of GLS statement

All stories on the website were deleted from a certain date back, this isn't an article in isolation that was removed. Go check for yourself. It is completely irrelevant to the point made, tinfoil hat stuff to think otherwise or that this was some sort of targeted removal. Oh and another BOD member has backed GLS up on twitter recently regarding the income by the way, seems strange if GLS had actively wanted to bury his comments on the income...

Let's see if we can make further progress and you can either address my other points or be a big enough person to admit they're not based in anything. 

Right Baz, here's evidence of your first Flip in April 17 when you'd made a calculation based on 1 Stand plus the West Stand overspill as in our previous seasons in the top flight, you will note there's no disclaimers because which indicates you'd conceded the argument, that you had originally said it was just a few hundred fans and then increased it to 900 (as ever your arguments were a mess of inconsistencies so I'm not surprised you find it hard to keep track of them) so you could say the decision had allowed us to sign two players for half a season, I believe this is the third time I've had to refer back to this post - hopefully it will be the last time. It's not even that I'm that I'm against the Two Stands decision just the dubious calculations (and there were plenty of them) that were used to justify it.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:38 AM, Bud the Baker said:

@bazil85What if it was the difference between gettingHladky & Popescu wages paid to the end of the season?

Do you think "a few hundred fans" (turns out @oaksoft was right all along) :rolleyes: minus costs is gonna pay for that?

Turns out your spinning one story in the SMiSA thread and another one here - start splitting hairs Melchy! :whistle

The difference in tickets available is roughly 900. I didn’t think they had fully sold out (someone suggested they had but didn’t provide evidence of this) but for ease let’s assume they did. 

900 fans X 3 games X £20 (reduced as an estimate for concessions) £54,000. Minus the expenses I have previously quoted and given our average player wage, the money would likely cover their wages until end of the season 

turns out I wasn’t :rolleyes:

After GLS made his infamous 10% of player budget comment you made your second and this time embarrassing & shameful Flip - greater love hath no man that he lay down his credibility for someone that surely doesn't give a toss!.

You can't deny you made the two Flips it's all there for everyone to see so you're reduced making post-hoc statements that you didn't actually mean what you said in April - again shameful & embarrassing.

Now we can come back to this thread where you reckon that it's OK (not our ex-manager) to make assumptions/false allegations about me because you reckon I'm a negative poster and to say that I've not answered questions just because you don't like answers - again all of this would be shameful & embarrassing to any normal poster.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports the POV we have nothing left to debate with, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming! :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Right Baz, here's evidence of your first Flip in April 17 when you'd made a calculation based on 1 Stand plus the West Stand overspill as in our previous seasons in the top flight, you will note there's no disclaimers because which indicates you'd conceded the argument, that you had originally said it was just a few hundred fans and then iincreased it to 900 (as ever your arguments were a mess of inconsistencies so I'm not surprised you find it hard to keep track of them) so you could say the decision had allowed us to sign two players for half a season, I believe this is the third time I've had to refer back to this post - hopefully it will be the last time. It's not even that I'm that I'm against the Two Stands decision just the dubious calculations (and there were plenty of them) that were used to justify it.

After GLS made his infamous 10% of player budget comment you made your second and this time embarrassing & shameful Flip - greater love hath no man that he lay down his credibility for someone that surely doesn't give a toss!.

You can't deny you made the two Flips it's all there for everyone to see so you're reduced making post-hoc statements that you didn't actually mean what you said in April - again shameful & embarrassing.

Now we can come back to this thread where you reckon that it's OK (not our ex-manager) to make assumptions/false allegations about me because you reckon I'm a negative poster and to say that I've not answered questions just because you don't like answers - again all of this would be shameful & embarrassing to any normal poster.

Another round of posting the same old, same old supports the POV we have nothing left to debate with, yet another failure from you - keep 'em coming! :1eye

It’s not though is it? That was nine days after my comments where I made it completely clear one vs two was my preferred option & was only discussing the alternative. These posts were me referencing back to those earlier comments. Good effort but again fail. 

If you go further you'll see it's different points and different comparisons on how many fans get moved per game/ in total. Certain posters on here got a semi when I used the word ‘few’ it just showed the absolute desperation at that time to prove me inconsistent, that was what they latched onto because they had literally nothing apart from the loose interpretation of a word. 

You still going on about it seven months later proves that desperation hasn’t went anywhere & you still have nothing to show inconsistency from me. 

Just like you can’t show where GLS said Gus has failed, you again evidence you can’t show where I have changed my mind on the stand arrangement. These comments don’t don’t do it, the common sense approach would be to ask the poster if they had now changed their mind under the circumstance. People at the time said I had, My answer was no before any further comments From SMFC. Ouch 

Edited by bazil85

23 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It's more than enough you were arguing on the figures based of One Away Stand and the West Stand overspill with no disclaimers, amidst a mass of contradiction, I'm not surprised you find it hard to remember some of your comments. You remain DoubleFlip85  say it in April, deny it in November.:1eye

Now back to the issue in hand - the failure of the TD role this summer, again you might not like it but GLS admitted it was the case when he said the club was "behind the curve".- in essence it's all part of your general scattergun strategy - saying different things at different times so you can always claim to be correct but by the same token it's always easy to show that you're wrong. :1eye

Your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed. :1eye

You're a negative sycophantic poster, I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

There was no Masterplan, you threw yourself under the bus - LMFAO!!!!!! :lol:  

Bazil85 - made an assumption

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5182 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

- my posts were from days before yours where the disclaimer was completely clear. Me reiterating old posts with a disclaimer, doesn’t mean the disclaimer goes away. Good effort but fail 

- By your own  seeming requirements as per above, where did GLS post that he was talking about how Gus had failed? Proven that you hold different standards for different points you try to make, so again, easily beaten in debate. 

- show where he said the TD role had failed? It wasn’t mentioned in the ‘behind the curve’ statement & either was failure. 

A day to come up with a stronger argument & it’s still a repeat of all the stuff I have disproven with actual content. Ouch 

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You said what you said, and as we can see from this thread you have no regard for the truth...

Now back to the issue in hand - the failure of the TD role this summer, again you might not like it but GLS admitted it was the case when he said the club was "behind the curve".- in essence it's all part of your general scattergun strategy - saying different things at different times so you can always claim to be correct but by the same token it's always easy to show that you're wrong. :1eye

Your one tactic of posting by attrition, bullying people out of the argument and then claiming that you won the argument has been sussed. :1eye

You're a negative sycophantic poster, I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5184 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well it’s a disappointment after making such progress on one point that you have backtracked into the copy and paste deflection. I suppose some people are just beyond help when it comes to a denial of fact. There is another way to skin this though. Do you accept your view on me ‘double flipping’ is based on an assumption regarding my posts, as opposed to me actually saying “I have changed my mind”?

So you accept the interview was about “the club” being “behind the curve” and there was no reference to Gus? To take a positive from this, you have backtracked in one sense but have made gains on another. It is now in black and white in your comment that GLS was speaking about “the club” not Gus. I agree with GLS that we are seemingly behind where we are targeted to be, so no I am not calling him a liar based on your post regarding him referencing “the club” Glad you have moved the goalpost on this to my side.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

At best that's a matter of opinion...

First team squad of 19...

The wheels on the bus ran over Baz, over Baz, over Baz...:whistle

More deflection regarding copy and paste, in my experience, it's used in lieu of evidence. 

We have a 22 man squad. The players you exclude have played a combined 44 games for the first team. Again a point disproven with fact. Erhahon for example has played more than at least 10 other players in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

More deflection regarding copy and paste, in my experience, it's used in lieu of evidence. 

We have a 22 man squad. The players you exclude have played a combined 44 games for the first team. Again a point disproven with fact. Erhahon for example has played more than at least 10 other players in the squad. 

Erhahon is clearly not in the managers plans, Breadner has not started a League match for the first team, MacPherson has started one match under MacPherson when Waters was unavailable - he's still a development. Our core squad is 19 strong and one of them is a panic buy who's unlikely to start for the first team again.

The chairman described the TD's workthis summer as a failure.

17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It may surprise you but arguing with a liar on an internet forum is not the be all of my life, I have other things to do...CYA later 

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5184 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erhahon is clearly not in the managers plans, Breadner has not started a League match for the first team, MacPherson has started one match under MacPherson when Waters was unavailable - he's still a development. Our core squad is 19 strong and one of them is a panic buy who's unlikely to start for the first team again.

The chairman described the TD's workthis summer as a failure.

Erhahon is 18 years old and you have him written off as not in the managers plans already? Please share evidence

Breadner is 19 and is a squad player. You've shown you clearly don't understand how football works & that all players should start multiple games over a season. That isn't always the case & is evidenced with other clubs. 

MacPherson was handed a long-term contract and has been shown to be the back-up player for our starting FB's. Again see above, it's a 11 man starting sport, back-up players exist. Are you saying unless a manager employs a rotation system, anyone outside the starting team aren't good enough? 

Panic buy - Disproven by the length of time left in the window. Again something you can't evidence. 

The chairman did no such thing, you've admitted he was talking about "the club". Are you saying this isn't what you meant? If you didn't mean he was talking about "the club" when you said "the club" then I will accept you changing it...

That's how it should works, people are allowed to seek and give clarity . Feel free to seek clarity on the assumption you made on my previous comments in April, I will point you to earlier posts where I make my view clear.

Difference between you and me, I allow you to have your opinion, I don't agree with it & I will evidence where it is baseless but I won't claim you're saying something you're not, if you tell me otherwise. Maybe I'm just a bigger person than you though?

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

It may surprise you but arguing with a liar on an internet forum is not the be all of my life, I have other things to do...

yet here we are days later, proving this is important to you. I quite enjoy it, I have never hid that. The debates on BAWA are good banter & I enjoy given my point. Again a difference in us, I admit that, you seem to lie and pretend this isn't a big deal for you (about 100 comments in). As for the liar comment, we can add that to the list of points you've failed to prove, don't worry you have plenty of company in that area. Most have moved on from the debate which is absolutely fine, not one showed a single lie from me though. 

Already addressed, you can't show any quote where GLS called Gus a liar. You've been beaten on this, copy and pasting the same point won't change that. 

I debate with facts and my opinion, that is all. As for "bullying" I will defend myself venomously when anyone calls me a liar or any similar wrong claim about my character. If you feel my approach has been like "bullying" you or others. I do apologise, it's never been my intention. Calling someone a liar without anything to back it up isn't very nice and as I've said I will defend myself every time. 

You're a negative sycophantic poster, I'll keep on saying it, GLS admitted the TD role had failed this summer when he said we were "behind the curve" - are you calling him a liar? :rolleyes: 

As I've said, I generally find the copy and paste deflection approach is used in lieu of evidence and generally indicates to me a sign of defeat. If you can show me where GLS has said Gus has failed, I will address it. Until then you're making a claim without evidence. Asking if I think someone is lying is IMO irrelevant because I don't believe he said it. 

My question

I asked you a very simple yes or no question, why have you ignored it? I address all your points with evidence backing or evidence requests. I will however ask again, you can either answer it or acknowledge you're not willing to. Either way is your choice. (suppose you could continue to deflect by ignoring as well)

Do you accept your view on me ‘double flipping’ is based on an assumption regarding my posts, as opposed to me actually saying “I have changed my mind”?

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Erhahon is 18 years old and you have him written off as not in the managers plans already? Please share evidence

Breadner is 19 and is a squad player. You've shown yoon't understand how football woru clearly dks & that all players should start multiple games over a season. That isn't always the case & is evidenced with other clubs. 

MacPherson was handed a long-term contract and has been shown to be the back-up player for our starting FB's. Again see above, it's a 11 man starting sport, back-up players exist. Are you saying unless a manager employs a rotation system, anyone outside the starting team aren't good enough? 

Panic buy - Disproven by the length of time left in the window. Again something you can't evidence. 

The chairman did no such thing, you've admitted he was talking about "the club". Are you saying this isn't what you meant? If you didn't mean he was talking about "the club" when you said "the club" then I will accept you changing it...

That's how it should works, people are allowed to seek and give clarity . Feel free to seek clarity on the assumption you made on my previous comments in April, I will point you to earlier posts where I make my view clear.

Difference between you and me, I allow you to have your opinion, I don't agree with it & I will evidence where it is baseless but I won't claim you're saying something you're not, if you tell me otherwise. Maybe I'm just a bigger person than you though?

Whoopeeeeeeeeee - twice as much fun today...:lol:

I haven't written Erhahon off (another misrepresentation :rolleyes: ) quite the opposite I said he's a development player, not a core squad player, he hasn't appeared in the league for us this season - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Breadner has managed 2mins for the first team in the league this season and is another development player - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

MacPherson is closer than the other two but has yet to make 20 first team starts he's still a development player who's played 1 game since the opening game against Hibs  - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Djorkaeff a panic buy for the LC campaign who's played 5 minutes since JGs major signings arrived - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

A core squad of n-n-n-n-nineteen, 1 of whom was a panic buy, the momentum from the end of last season spunked away and the chairman saying we're "behind the curve", I don't see how this could be described as anything else but a failure by GM as TD this summer - you clearly don't understand how football works. :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah here we are again and yet again I'll stick to what I've shown to bee the case many to many times...:rolleyes:

DoubleFlip85, a man with no sense of embarrassment or shame - 5200 (and rising) posts of humiliation, deceit, naivety, irrelevance, asinine egomania, boasting, pomposity, conceit, hubris, bluster, delusion, hysteria, panic, arrogance, evasion, mistakes, hypocrisy, subterfuge, sophistry, drivel, fantasy, negativity, nonsense, sycophancy and false allegations.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

That's pretty much another copy and paste, I'll accept the tap out if you want? no shame in admitting when you've been beaten in debate.