St Mirren v Ross County, 23rd Nov

Long John Baldy

Can someone explain why at least 5 times in first 30 minutes our players have made decent runs into the box and instead of crossing, passing or shooting we just turn away from the box to alleviate the danger for the opposition. Baffles the f##k right out of me. Every week is the same.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Can someone explain why at least 5 times in first 30 minutes our players have made decent runs into the box and instead of crossing, passing or shooting we just turn away from the box to alleviate the danger for the opposition. Baffles the f##k right out of me. Every week is the same.

I blame Stubbs. 

HT 1-1

Been quite a good game actually. Both teams going for it and plenty of action.

County took the lead with a very nice finish into the bottom corner. We then came back into it well and got a deserved equaliser from a stramash following a corner.

Anyone’s ball game, we really need a win though.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

HT 1-1

Been quite a good game actually. Both games going for it and plenty of action.

County took the lead with a very nice finish into the bottom corner. We then came back into it well and got a deserved equaliser from a stramash following a corner.

Anyone’s ball game, we really need a win though.

Good old fashioned game. Evenly matched sides.

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

This is worse than Stubbs!

I think you've deliberately and conveniently forgotten how bad things were under Stubbs (i.e. we were defeated before half time in most games following our flukey win against Dundee). 

Home game against Livingston (who were bottom of the league at the time), 0 shots on target and game over before after 36 minutes when Livingston go 2 ahead. Away at Pittodrie Aberdeen take the foot off the gas after going 3 nil up after 26 minutes. Game finished 4-0 to the Dons. Next game Hearts score 5 times before half time (once for us giving us our first goal in 3 games during which time we concede 10).

Your joke that Kearney and Goodwin can't match the standards set by Alan Stubbs (signing Heaton, Kpekawa, King, Brock-Madsen, Willock etc; trying to sign Kenny Miller twice on a 3 year deal; turning up for work unfit to lead training, moaning to the press about the board) is wearing rather thin and has been wearing thin for over a year. 

24 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

This is just horrible now,sick of Goodwin hard luck stories,they are wearing thin,he is just not up to the job  and squad is very poor

2 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Cmon buds.massive 45 coming up,give us everything and go for it COYS

Not poking fun at you - but this is life being a Saints fan . . . 

I do agree that we need to improve... a couple of results going our way though could give us a platform for January to build further upon..

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think you've deliberately and conveniently forgotten how bad things were under Stubbs (i.e. we were defeated before half time in most games following our flukey win against Dundee). 

Home game against Livingston (who were bottom of the league at the time), 0 shots on target and game over before after 36 minutes when Livingston go 2 ahead. Away at Pittodrie Aberdeen take the foot off the gas after going 3 nil up after 26 minutes. Game finished 4-0 to the Dons. Next game Hearts score 5 times before half time (once for us giving us our first goal in 3 games during which time we concede 10).

Your joke that Kearney and Goodwin can't match the standards set by Alan Stubbs (signing Heaton, Kpekawa, King, Brock-Madsen, Willock etc; trying to sign Kenny Miller twice on a 3 year deal; turning up for work unfit to lead training, moaning to the press about the board) is wearing rather thin and has been wearing thin for over a year. 

He is  a sad attention seeker - its up to you if you want to waste time on him though . . .