BA in destroying the planet "shocker".

Bud the Baker

The sooner air travel is restricted the better - why should the rich first world be allowed to destroy the planet?

BA to review 'fuel tankering' after Panorama revelations

Carrying excess fuel saves airlines on fuel bills but has adverse environmental impact

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/11/ba-to-review-fuel-tankering-after-panorama-revelations

Panorama still going strong! :clapping

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

OK.
I choose the efficiency and convenience of flying to my holiday destination instead of hitch hiking.

When my passport expired in 2016 I made the decision not to renew it on the grounds that now that other countries are catching up on us there is a limit to how long we can enjoy an ever increasing standard of living/consumption* without pushing the planet's ecology over the edge.

* Banking induced recessions excepted. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

When my passport expired in 2016 I made the decision not to renew it on the grounds that now that other countries are catching up on us there is a limit to how long we can enjoy an ever increasing standard of living/consumption* without pushing the planet's ecology over the edge.

:lol: The Polar Bear Community thanks you 

This part caught my eye, how on earth is this even possible?

"Speaking to analysts last week, Walsh said BA often did fuel tankering in order to save money, citing the example of Glasgow airport where jet fuel is 25% more expensive than at Heathrow."

Guest TPAFKATS

Very noble bud.
Unfortunately until the US economy and various military industrial complex address carbon emissions, nothing will change.