Twenty’s plenty article

Twentys Plenty article.

Hi all, im a student journalist at the City of Glasgow College and im currently working on an article discussing ticket prices in Scotland. I've seen that a section of your support have had a couple of displays protesting ticket prices and I was looking to contact those behind the displays to ask them a few questions for this article. Hopefully somebody can point me in the direction of those behind the display. Cheers. 

Edited by TheFitbawFiles

1 hour ago, TheFitbawFiles said:

Twentys Plenty article.

Hi all, im a student journalist at the City of Glasgow College and im currently working on an article discussing ticket prices in Scotland. I've seen that a section of your support have had a couple of displays protesting ticket prices and I was looking to contact those behind the displays to ask them a few questions for this article. Hopefully somebody can point me in the direction of those behind the display. Cheers. 

Try Northbank on Twitter

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Who would noticed if the Fakes fans were boycotting the game  :rolleyes:

That’s kind of the issue we are all trying to address. 

Our own away support at Celtic and Rangers has seen dramatic reductions in size since the 70s and 80s. 

Cost of attending all away games once you factor in travel and food costs is stopping supporters from attending. 

22 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Our own away support at Celtic and Rangers has seen dramatic reductions in size since the 70s and 80s. 

Cost of attending all away games once you factor in travel and food costs is stopping supporters from attending. 

more to do with the areas we are coralled into and the increasingly obnoxious support.  I'm not saying i am happy about the price but the negative experience is the main reason why i am unlikely to attend the bigots stadiums in this lifetime

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

more to do with the areas we are coralled into and the increasingly obnoxious support.  I'm not saying i am happy about the price but the negative experience is the main reason why i am unlikely to attend the bigots stadiums in this lifetime

FTOF.

the real point being made is that ALL away games are too expensive.

I did say that “Cost of attending all away games once you factor in travel and food costs is stopping supporters from attending.”

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

FTOF.

I did say that “Cost of attending all away games once you factor in travel and food costs is stopping supporters from attending.”

Well all home games are too expensive as well, but the reduced attendance away at Glagow grounds pre-dates the big price differentials that have arisen in the last decade or so.  Prices have been slightly higher for as long as i can remember, but the much lower attendances are as much due to the poor allocation and the positioning of away fans since the increase in advance ticket purchase arrived.  they also only offer visiting fans a few hundred seats.  In the 70s and 80s gate money was split which meant a much larger travelling support at almost every ground than we see today as fans knew their own club was benefitting.

Without agreeing with the cost, I reckon that if the experience is good then people will accept higher prices, the issue in Glasgow is that the away fan experience is toxic in every sense.  the prices of football matches are on a par with almost every other form of mass entertainment barring the cinema, which will maybe catch up once post-covid attendances increase

FTOF.

It’s about £175 every Saints game for us , but fuel is the biggest expense.

I’d need to check but I think we got to 12 games last season between league/ cup

For comparison, we’ve been to 2 Leeds games already and have tickets for the Chelsea game - total for me and 2 of my sons is less for all 3 games than Ross County game we’re coming to this weekend

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I can only speak for myself but cost has nothing to do with me not going to the east and west end of Glasgow. 

Stopped going to Ibrox after a 2-1 defeat by them in the semi final of the league cup in the eighties.

Treated like shit by their fans, stewards, police and the ref who made sure only 1 team was going to win.

Last game at Parkhead was a 3-0 defeat in the Scottish cup around 20 years ago.

Only went because it was a cup game, last league game must have been at least 30+years ago getting the same shit as Ibrox. 

Maybe we should try and come to some agreement with indivdual small clubs like our self, since no way would our board only charge the bigots £20.

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Don't we sell out our allocation on a regular basis?The  Ipox and darkhead mobs have reduced this allocation.

4 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

It’s about £175 every Saints game for us , but fuel is the biggest expense.

I’d need to check but I think we got to 12 games last season between league/ cup

For comparison, we’ve been to 2 Leeds games already and have tickets for the Chelsea game - total for me and 2 of my sons is less for all 3 games than Ross County game we’re coming to this weekend

Out of interest Scott, how many of the three games were friendlies??