Hoodwinked?

Despite his continued absence from even the bench, and despite the player's own admission that he will always suffer from injuries running back to his youth/school football overload...According to a couple of posters on here Kyle McAllister is... and always has been since his re-signing Fully Fit!

So anyone want to play a game of "Where's Kyle'...

I thought I saw him on the swings in Brodie Park?

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Despite his continued absence from even the bench, and despite the player's own admission that he will always suffer from injuries running back to his youth/school football overload...According to a couple of posters on here Kyle McAllister is... and always has been since his re-signing Fully Fit!

That said, A 3 year deal is/was a gamble given his previous statements re injuries he has fought since youth football.

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

How many threads is this subject going to appear on? We all know your opinion and that of others, ranting about it isn't going to change the player's situation, other people's entrenched opinions or indeed (it would appear your main objective) the board.

To be fair it’s a good question, a lot of hype surrounding his signing, been a missing man when playing; and now missing altogether. Haven’t seen anything myself about being out injured again but could be wrong...

LPM dislikes the fact we signed Kyle McAllister - No one knew that so it needed saying in a new thread apparently.

We have signed dozens of players with ongoing issues over the years - what's the big deal with this one (as if we didn't know - awaits rant at the board..............)

And if both parties admitted the same who has been "hoodwinked" ???

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

It really fascinates me, tbh, and it prompted me to look into it a bit more.

Turns out the etymology of 'hoodwinked' literally stems from the act of throwing a hood over a person that you were about to rob. 'Wink' historically meant to close both of one's eyes.

So there you go. Interesting stuff.

LPM dislikes the fact we signed Kyle McAllister - No one knew that so it needed saying in a new thread apparently.
We have signed dozens of players with ongoing issues over the years - what's the big deal with this one (as if we didn't know - awaits rant at the board..............)
And if both parties admitted the same who has been "hoodwinked" ???

Wrong!
If we had re-signed a fit Kyle McAllister who had overcome the injury/condition that prevented him playing at Derby for two years I would be over the moon.
Instead, after sacking Oran who eventually got us playing, the chairman decided to spaff even more cash on an unfortunate but injured young player, who isn't able to play for us. Not the player's fault, but he is burdened by unrealistic expectations.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

3 hours ago, alanb said:

That said, A 3 year deal is/was a gamble given his previous statements re injuries he has fought since youth football.

LPM's unwavering approach to picking the most negative selected information, ignoring everything else, formulating an opinion and sticking with it is truly astounding. Even when presented with cold, hard confirmation, that what he is claiming is incorrect. 

This one is next level, as he seems genuinely unable to comprehend that footballers can suffer from different injuries after recovering their fitness. 

Guest TPAFKATS
It really fascinates me, tbh, and it prompted me to look into it a bit more.
Turns out the etymology of 'hoodwinked' literally stems from the act of throwing a hood over a person that you were about to rob. 'Wink' historically meant to close both of one's eyes.
So there you go. Interesting stuff.
That's the question in the topic title answered. We can close the thread and move onto whatever "new" threads await during this international break.
I can't wait.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Goody in the record a few weeks ago...

“Kyle has a history of problems with his back and his hips, so we just need to manage him properly.

Fully Whit. ?

Your claim was Kyle is "permanently injured"

Do you deny the words "fully fit" have been used by both Goody and Kyle to describe him since signing for saints? Him getting injured since does not mean we signed a player that was "lame"

(of a person or animal) unable to walk without difficulty as the result of an injury or illness

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wrong!
If we had re-signed a fit Kyle McAllister who had overcome the injury/condition that prevented him playing at Derby for two years I would be over the moon.
Instead, after sacking Oran who eventually got us playing, the chairman decided to spaff even more cash on an unfortunate but injured young player, who isn't able to play for us. Not the player's fault, but he is burdened by unrealistic expectations.

But by your own admission the club and player both knew we were not signing a fully fit Kyle so no one was hoodwinked - you even provide the quotes in this thread. We (or rather they, the club and player) knew exactly what we were letting ourselves in for.

We all knew fans, club, player....where's the story - what's new here ???

But by your own admission the club and player both knew we were not signing a fully fit Kyle so no one was hoodwinked - you even provide the quotes in this thread. We (or rather they, the club and player) knew exactly what we were letting ourselves in for.
We all knew fans, club, player....where's the story - what's new here ???
Whoosh!
The hoodwinked bit is a tongue in cheek dig at the people who insist he is, and was fully fit.
You've been whoooshed

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whoosh!
The hoodwinked bit is a tongue in cheek dig at the people who insist he is, and was fully fit.
You've been whoooshed

No one thinks he IS fit (or was for past games) We know he’s got an injury. He was signed while fully fit. Both the player & Goody said so. 

Edited by bazil85

No one thinks he IS fit (or was for past games) We know he’s got an injury. He was signed while fully fit. Both the player & Goody said so. 
For God's sake when the player himself says he "wakes up every day not knowing if he will be in pain, or not?"
Which part of that says 'Fully Fit'..?
Stop putting undue pressure on a player struggling to get back on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

For God's sake when the player himself says he "wakes up every day not knowing if he will be in pain, or not?"
Which part of that says 'Fully Fit'..?
Stop putting undue pressure on a player struggling to get back on the pitch.

That quote was from a story early this year. Someone shared the tweet he directed at Derby when he re-signed for us. He was fully fit. As I said previously, yep injury prone player and has to be managed, that isn't a reason to throw a 20 year year old on the football scrap heap.

Your view that no one should sign him and Kyle or any other player with fitness issues should give up on football and not try to overcome them is pathetic. Assume you think Barca should have done the same with Messi last season or that Celtic should have patched Larson after the horror leg break? Does it extend to other sports? Thank god Tiger Woods never reached out to you for advice. 🤣

"a special thank you to the medical staff that worked really hard to get me back to full fitness"

I suspect you answered your own question. Just another story to have a go at the board.

Noticed people saying Scott signed McAllister over the last few days.
Is this one of those myths created to support and argument, or is there somewhere to prove that this was the case, other than LPM saying so?

That quote was from a story early this year. Someone shared the tweet he directed at Derby when he re-signed for us. He was fully fit. As I said previously, yep injury prone player and has to be managed, that isn't a reason to throw a 20 year year old on the football scrap heap.
Your view that no one should sign him and Kyle or any other player with fitness issues should give up on football and not try to overcome them is pathetic. Assume you think Barca should have done the same with Messi last season or that Celtic should have patched Larson after the horror leg break? Does it extend to other sports? Thank god Tiger Woods never reached out to you for advice. 🤣
"a special thank you to the medical staff that worked really hard to get me back to full fitness"

Unless Messi or Larsson were plagued by injuries all through their youth careers, then your point is irrelevant