Queens Park FC - New Professional Era

shull

The opening post is somewhat underwhelming.

This is a momentous moment in the history of Scottish football, the last bastion of the amateur game "in the big leagues"  has been extinguished, the last flame of a bygone era has finally burnt out, the opening chapter of the Scottish game has finally closed.

A sad day for all Scottish football enthusiasts a sad day indeed.

Queens park have brought so much to the game, not just in Scotland but the world over.  Arguably the Spiders have contributed more to world football than Real Madrid, Juventus and Johnstone Burgh combined (for the ignorant amongst you see crossbars, offside and international football).

Sad news

I remember years ago, sheriff officers turned up at Queens Park to arrest players wages for non payment of Poll Tax. Queens Park just laughed at the officers.

Don't know if it's a sad day for football, could well mean that Queens park could become a decent football club. Continue with their development of young players but are then able to cash in when selling them.

1 minute ago, chalky1 said:

I remember years ago, sheriff officers turned up at Queens Park to arrest players wages for non payment of Poll Tax. Queens Park just laughed at the officers.

Don't know if it's a sad day for football, could well mean that Queens park could become a decent football club. Continue with their development of young players but are then able to cash in when selling them.

They should have arrestit the Queens Park directors for extortion with their admission prices. 

Fifteen fecking quid forfuxsake. 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My 1st and last game at Hampden was in Feb 68 where we won 1 - 4 in our league winning season the crowd from memory was in the hundreds.

A week or so later there was over 130000 watching Scotland V Engladshire in a 1-1 draw

I still reckon the atmosphere in our victory was equal to the drawn game 😂

2 hours ago, south_seas_saint said:

My 1st and last game at Hampden was in Feb 68 where we won 1 - 4 in our league winning season the crowd from memory was in the hundreds.

A week or so later there was over 130000 watching Scotland V Engladshire in a 1-1 draw

Could you not make back in 1987 ? The game was poor but paisley saw it's best party ever 

3 hours ago, south_seas_saint said:

More there than you thought............

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1967&GameID=196802170

4 hours ago, HSS said:

Wowwwww thanks HSS.....I guess it felt like hundreds as a 13 year old in that huge stadium..........mind you I also forgot how big a team we were then😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...