Hidden gem (restaurant) recommendations.

Kombibuddie

In no particular order.........

La Banca-Neilston Rd

Cardosis-Storrie St

Genova-Glasgow Rd

Pendulum-Gauze St

Little Steak House-George Place

Jam Jar-Shuttle St

Zambretto-Old Sneddon St

Burger and Keg-Gilmour St

I'd have no hesitation in using any of the above but if you want to push the boat out it's got to be........

The Butchers in Elderslie :clapping

Well, as your post is ‘past’ tense, where did you go? [emoji3]

Tonight [emoji16].

Flew up yesterday. Had a couple of drinks with my niece last night.

Northern Way

Gantry

The Bull

The Wee Howff

De Beers

£5:45 for 2 drinks in the Wee Howff, I asked the barmaid if she was sure? She thought I meant too much. Would get little change out of a tenner down my way for the same 2 drinks. [emoji2962]

& Papa Johns for the walk down Glasgow Road [emoji16]

Gone for Little Steak house for close proximity for beers after the olds are dispatched home.

Like the sound of The Butchers Grill, will save that for next time my wife is in town with me. I am sure to need some brownie points then [emoji16].

Thanks all.

Guest TPAFKATS
Tonight [emoji16]. 
Flew up yesterday. Had a couple of drinks with my niece last night.

Northern Way
Gantry
The Bull
The Wee Howff
De Beers

£5:45 for 2 drinks in the Wee Howff, I asked the barmaid if she was sure? She thought I meant too much. Would get little change out of a tenner down my way for the same 2 drinks. [emoji2962]

& Papa Johns for the walk down Glasgow Road [emoji16]

2 drinks will cost you a tenner in Finnieston as well [emoji33]

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

2 drinks will cost you a tenner in Finnieston as well emoji33.png

Will cost you that, and possibly more, in many city centre places too,depending what beer you're drinking.

As my wallet can testify after last Saturday's afternoon session.:guinness

Nowhere near as expensive as Cork though.:shockaroony

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Will cost you that, and possibly more, in many city centre places too,depending what beer you're drinking.

Or Dublin. 

40 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Or Harvies.

7 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Or Reykjavik, daughter just back, eye watering prices for food and drink...................and everything else. 

I won't be going there, cold and expensive, not my cup of tea. 

Brilliant place,I was there in Jan.It's only expensive if you go to the wrong pub at the wrong time.There's a Happy Hour culture and you can do a HH pub crawl and not pay more than £4 a pint.

I'll be going back.........but first it's Amsterdam in Jan(Probably a more expensive place than Reykjavik)

Or Reykjavik, daughter just back, eye watering prices for food and drink...................and everything else. 

Me & my Mrs were at Everyman Cinema in Trinity Leeds - £6 a single shot of Southern Comfort add a mixer it became £8.50

Perspective, currently having a wee Southern Comfort at home , £15 the bottle

Cheers

16 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

She's not a drinker, not everyone goes on holiday to get drunk, everything was expensive from food, trips to clothing.

She said she wouldn't go back, nice to have been there and that's enough.

Me, I prefer sunshine. 

I did plenty trips while in Iceland but as the thread had taken a turn to drink prices I thought I'd mention it.

Yes,some things are expensive but you know that before you go.Why bother going if the prices are going to spoil it for you?

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Just don't go to Norway. It's the only place I've been where the drinks on the cruise ship were less than half the price of the drinks onshore.

Three April’s ago on Hurtigruten.

https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/destinations/norway/classic-voyage-south-kirkenes-bergen/

an onboard pint of lager was £9.00 at that time.

At every port stop, we’d go for a walk in the town/village and if there was a bar we’d have a beer. 

Expensive - the price of an exotic, foreign trip - but you just had to swallow that...

only “cruise” I’ve ever taken.        I’d wholeheartedly recommend it.

17 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

I went on a cruise once, like gods waiting room.

Didn't like the trapped feeling, 3rd rate entertainment although the food was good which probably explained the amount of fat people. 

Getting off, although not always great, was the highlight. 

Trapped on a boat with hundreds of people from a generation that don't know how to use soap, hence the endless reports of norovirus on these ships. That would be my worse nightmare. The very thought makes me feel sick.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, oaksoft said:

Trapped on a boat with hundreds of people from a generation that don't know how to use soap ......

Oi! Not only do we know how to use soap we still use soap.  Not some lousy mix of chemicals, colourants and fake scents that comes in plastic bottles that are hardly ever re-cycled by your generation.  Don't get me started on your generation - whatever that may be?  It's hard to tell from your postings.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:07 AM, antrin said:

Three April’s ago on Hurtigruten.

https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/destinations/norway/classic-voyage-south-kirkenes-bergen/

an onboard pint of lager was £9.00 at that time.

At every port stop, we’d go for a walk in the town/village and if there was a bar we’d have a beer. 

Expensive - the price of an exotic, foreign trip - but you just had to swallow that...

only “cruise” I’ve ever taken.        I’d wholeheartedly recommend it.

Did the same cruise about 10 years ago at the Company’s expense. Our Norwegian workmates turned up armed with their hooch.....absolute carnage for those that drank it. Price of booze on the boat was horrific but we didn’t have to buy too many as the Company ponied up for about 80 % of drinks. Been to Norway a few times , expensive does not come close.

4 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Oi! Not only do we know how to use soap we still use soap.  Not some lousy mix of chemicals, colourants and fake scents that comes in plastic bottles that are hardly ever re-cycled by your generation.  Don't get me started on your generation - whatever that may be?  It's hard to tell from your postings.

:lol: