Sign in to follow this  
Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Hibs, Tue 26th Nov

The game is about scoring more than your opponents. The team that scores more is then deemed be "The Better Team" as they have taken all three points.
Durmus played well in his first game at Easter Road, since then he looks unhappy, sloppy, uninterested and throws the cap in at the first bump on the road.
Djorkaeff Goody cant even play, McAllister is crocked, Obika is bang average & Morais seems ready to pop...
Our recruitment has been pish outside Foley and the loan deals. Unlike previous seasons the poor clubs are still on the same points, that'll change before the break!
This post will get lost on the match day thread. You should post a new topic on this...

Only the referee can issue bookings during the game. The referee did not give him any bookings - so he did not get booked.  :happyclapper
(Hope you see the intended funny side here - though it is a cheap shot)
Cheers.
With the amount of shit housing he was getting away with, I thought the lack of a card might be because the referee was in a relationship with him.

Just now, Gordon Urquhart said:

People can say we played well but Hibs with a very good travelling support for a miserable Tuesday night got exactly what they came for, three points.

A very quiet travelling support.

43 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I've only watched the highlights so I can't comment on the full 90 minutes. 

Did anyone feel we deserved a point or the loss, regardless of how late the decisive goal came?

I still struggling to come to terms with taking nothing from the game.A point was the least we deserved.

16 minutes ago, HSS said:

I still struggling to come to terms with taking nothing from the game.A point was the least we deserved.

There were good aspects to our game last night (Obika outside the box, Danny Mullen), but poor ones too (leaving Obika isolated, set pieces, substitutions too late) - I felt a point was the most we deserved.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I've only watched the highlights so I can't comment on the full 90 minutes. 

Did anyone feel we deserved a point or the loss, regardless of how late the decisive goal came?

Have to say I was disappointed in Hibs - they were there for the taking - we just failed to do that though.

I think both sides would have been okay with a point, but without fixing much, it could have been 3 for us - (Although there were a number of things which require improvement)

For those who seem to be in shock we didn't get a point or more, imagine how Aberdeen supporters felt when we beat them earlier this season.

Most comments I read from Aberdeen fans acknowledged they were poor on the day and deserved nothing. There was the penalty claim that most of them thought they should have gotten but mainly it was just anger and shock that they were beaten by lowly St. Mirren.

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Most comments I read from Aberdeen fans acknowledged they were poor on the day and deserved nothing. There was the penalty claim that most of them thought they should have gotten but mainly it was just anger and shock that they were beaten by lowly St. Mirren.

What are the chances of back to back wins against them? The Hammer throwers managed a point recently...  🕶️

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
What are the chances of back to back wins against them? The Hammer throwers managed a point recently...  emoji2763.png

I'm expecting the worst. Its a tough place to go and we had the extra game last night.

There is every reason to expect the worst . . . but though the sit 3rd, they have had some rubbish results this season too... just hope they have one or two more against us...

anything from this game is a bonus. Really hope KIRKY is fit, if so, we know who will be dropped !

There is every reason to expect the worst . . . but though the sit 3rd, they have had some rubbish results this season too... just hope they have one or two more against us...
anything from this game is a bonus. Really hope KIRKY is fit, if so, we know who will be dropped !
Might play 3 centre backs?

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:
For those who seem to be in shock we didn't get a point or more, imagine how Aberdeen supporters felt when we beat them earlier this season.

I watched it on TV, not anything to do with Aberdeen fans, they hammered us for the last 30 minutes.

Seems Goodwin agreed with me.............I'm just glad we were able to hang on and get all three points.""

Never mind, doesn't matter, it's all about points, not people's opinion, that will define where we end up at the end of the season. 

51 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Surprisingly I agree, and the 3 points we got from them early in the season could well be the difference between a tragic end to the season and survival. 

I watched it on TV, not anything to do with Aberdeen fans, they hammered us for the last 30 minutes.
Seems Goodwin agreed with me.............I'm just glad we were able to hang on and get all three points.""
Never mind, doesn't matter, it's all about points, not people's opinion, that will define where we end up at the end of the season. 
OK, given that it's nothing to do with Aberdeen fans I guess I will just have to imagine how they felt