munoz

The Scottish Cup 19/20

Sigh. Probably the third hardest game we could have got at home. Not impossible though so here's hoping for an epic win.

Premier Sports will follow their two usual teams so we have a decent chance of being picked by the BBC.

Sigh. Probably the third hardest game we could have got at home. Not impossible though so here's hoping for an epic win. 

Premier Sports will follow their two usual teams so we have a decent chance of being picked by the BBC.

Would presume the BBC will take Aberdeen v Killie.

Hopefully, for their 2nd pick, they'll go Ayr v St Johnstone or the BSC Glasgow game ahead of ours. Doubtful they'd go for 2 all-Premiership ties.....

54 minutes ago, Yflab said:

A fourth-round tie played on February 26, 1977 between St Mirren and Motherwell at Fir Park. Kick off was delayed by 10 minutes to let all the fans in. The crowd was given as 26,709 and they saw Motherwell win 2-1. Vic Davidson and Willie Pettigrew (pen) scored their goals and Frank McGarvey netted for Saints. Cheating bastards. 

Can’t believe that was 43 years ago. Time for some payback. 

My first ever away game. What a day. Etched in the memory and absolutely frightening that it was 43 years ago. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My first ever away game. What a day. Etched in the memory and absolutely frightening that it was 43 years ago. 

It was some game. My recollection was that thousands of Saint's fans didnt get into the ground. 

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

The 3-0 at home v Motherwell in 2006 under Gus was one of the great cup performances of recent times. Corcoran and Charlie Adam outstanding. Hopefully, a repeat of that....

Also, assuming it's not picked for TV, will be good to have a 3pm Saturday kick-off!

Recent times? It was 14 year ago 😂

A repeat of that win would be nice.

A fourth-round tie played on February 26, 1977 between St Mirren and Motherwell at Fir Park. Kick off was delayed by 10 minutes to let all the fans in. The crowd was given as 26,709 and they saw Motherwell win 2-1. Vic Davidson and Willie Pettigrew (pen) scored their goals and Frank McGarvey netted for Saints. Cheating bastards. 

Can’t believe that was 43 years ago. Time for some payback. 
The bastards kicked us off the park.

I hated Motherwell more than any club on the planet after that match.

Moreso as it followed on from my all time favourite match... Our 4-1 humping of the Arabs.

Time for revenge!

Gerintaethum!

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

They were brutal. If I remember correctly Gregor Stevens was one of the three hatchet men.

2 minutes ago, hamlet said:

They were brutal. If I remember correctly Gregor Stevens was one of the three hatchet men.

The cnuts were all at it, especialiy Peter Millar and Stewart Mclaren, pair of thug wankers.

And wee arsehole Vic Davidson who dived for the penalty.

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agreed. If the crowd was genuinely 26000 (which it wasn’t) there must’ve been at least 15000 buds there that day. 

It sounded like 15000 :wink:

4 hours ago, pod said:

It sounded like 15000 :wink:

I was told, unofficially, that there were over 35,000 in the ground that day. At least half of whom were supporting Saints. By way of an explanation of Motherwell's rough house tackling a Well Supporting Friend said afterwards "What did you expect? Did you think we would let you play good football?" I think we learned a lot that day. 

23 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Terrible draw the only team to actually pump us this season and to rub salt into our wounds they pumped us twice.

22 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Last time they beat us it was a big player bullying Waters at left back that caused the problems . Get that sorted and it will be a different game .

22 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Payback then ronnie

I'm with Paul T and Menstrie on this - time to see if we can learn from past mistakes and get right into them with our new improved players up-to-speed by then...

It is a tough tie, but surely one we can win . . .  C O Y S   Also still a rumour of Long going down south before the window closes - it may or may not come to pass, but we will soon see.

10 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I'm with Paul T and Menstrie on this - time to see if we can learn from past mistakes and get right into them with our new improved players up-to-speed by then...

It is a tough tie, but surely one we can win . . .  C O Y S   Also still a rumour of Long going down south before the window closes - it may or may not come to pass, but we will soon see.

With 2 of the new players being central defenders, one of whom you said would hardly play and mcgrath likely to be on the bench,  I’m not sure how they’re going to get right into them or how they are improved players? 😃

Edited by Hiram Abiff