Sweeper07

30th November 2019 Aberdeen v St. Mirren

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is true but it’s annoying mainly from the point of view of rules not being properly applied. I don’t think we can claim that it would’ve made a huge difference to the game at that stage. Willie Miller could’ve come out the commentary box and saved the penalty.

I think people are going a wee bit overboard about how well we played. We definitely gave a good account of ourselves. Ryan Flynn was outstanding, but on the flip side I thought S. McGinn and Magennis were terrible. The rest got pass marks. I’m not having the “we deserved to get something out the game” though. You deserve to get something out of the game when you score as many or more goals than the opposition. It’s that simple and it’s the thing that we singularly fail to do on so many occasion. If you got points for pretty passes in midfield with zero end product then we’d be top of the league. Unfortunately we couldnae hit a coo’s arse with a banjo in the final third and I agree with what seems to be an increasing minority in here that Obika is not the answer. At the very best I’d say he might be a decent 6 yard box poacher, but unfortunately we don’t do what Ryan Flynn did yesterday anywhere near enough, to supply the ammo. 

Agree with most of this,a think s.mcginn was really struggling and Foley and Flynn was constantly covering him for his lack of pace and bad passes:and what has happened to magennis,he is absolutely brutal and needs to be benched his form has been terrible weeks,maybe his head has been turned with transfer rumours,and surely mcalister and Cooke must get some decent time on park to see if they can dig us out of this shite:because we have to change or tweak formations,ideas etc because the same old same old not working,every team in division no what we gonna do as Jim says in every interview "we set up to hit them on break"as for andreu:not even going there with him

Edited by paul torfason
Typo error

What does that mean?

He's good at holding the ball up, one of our better players, maybe, a goalscorer, even a tosser line you could score more often... .       Took that too far. 

Is that right Faraway, starting to sound like him & posting for the sake of posting.

54 minutes ago, munoz said:

Having just seen the penalty incident from yesterday on Sportscene I'm left wondering- how the feck was Lewis not sent off ? A red card all day long. 

Not only that but there were at least four Dons players in the box before the ball was struck.  Having watched MOTD over the last few weeks there have been a number of saved pens retaken because of encroachment.  I know it's VAR and we don't have it but if the linesman is watching the goalie and the ref is watching the taker what is the fourth official up to, scratching his arse on the halfway line for his £700 fee?  Get him involved.

Edited by rabuddies
Mind you, he had two goes and still missed!!!

11 hours ago, munoz said:

Having just seen the penalty incident from yesterday on Sportscene I'm left wondering- how the feck was Lewis not sent off ? A red card all day long. 

It can only be one of two things. Either he simply applied the new rule incorrectly, or he (wrongly) thought the Aberdeen defender was coming round to clear the ball. Either way shite.