Accounts to Year Ended May 31st 2019

div

Didn't expect to see my tweet in here [emoji38] 
I don't think the accounts look that bad - just could be better based on the amount we've brought in
I really like the work we've done on the stadium, especially the lights - looks so much better
Oran, Kellerman, Heaton etc pay offs to come out of this years accounts, and no big transfer money in (as yet). The finances are being f**ked by ego!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
14 minutes ago, Doakes said:
Didn't expect to see my tweet in here emoji38.png 
I don't think the accounts look that bad - just could be better based on the amount we've brought in
I really like the work we've done on the stadium, especially the lights - looks so much better

Oran, Kellerman, Heaton etc pay offs to come out of this years accounts, and no big transfer money in (as yet). The finances are being f**ked by ego!

The £300k odd add on for McGinn is to be factored in. Three payoffs compared to considerably more last season & much less need to rebuild in January.

Clear you get excited at the thought of Armageddon for the team you ‘support’ but these accounts don’t show it I’m afraid. 

Also curious you have concerns. You want us to follow St Johnstone’s lead with a much larger loss recording & worsening situation... 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The £300k odd add on for McGinn is to be factored in. Three payoffs compared to considerably more last season & much less need to rebuild in January.

Clear you get excited at the thought of Armageddon for the team you ‘support’ but these accounts don’t show it I’m afraid. 

Also curious you have concerns. You want us to follow St Johnstone’s lead with a much larger loss recording & worsening situation... 

I think Falkirk just had a near 700k loss. Now that really is troubling if you're a Falkirk supporter. 

1 hour ago, La Roche Derriere said:

I am not sure why you think this. The financial statements show the books were balanced last year.
Although expenses were high a fair chunk of it is non recurring. I would expect the player recruitment budget for the current year will have been set taking account of anticipated income and known ongoing costs. The fact that JG is talking about bringing in new players in January indicates that there is more cash to spend rather than a need for cutbacks.

I think this is a fair analysis.

Gordon surely must have reduced the budget to account for the fact that we have vastly reduced player sales income for the next 12 months.

Like waldorf says, when you step back, yes the accounts have a worrying operating loss but in truth the bigger picture is that the McGinn money bought us promotion and then kept us in the top league. That was our return on that money. Of course, next time we might not be so lucky but that is what that money bought us. We can argue about how that money should have been spent but we remain in the black and that is good news.

In the end, to our relief, Gordon only gambled money which he had to spend. As football fans with experience of clubs financially doping I think we were entitled to be deeply worried leading into this set of accounts.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Massive pressure to sell players now in an attempt to balance those books.

Only if projected expenses in the next year's budgets have stayed the same without a compensating increase in turnover.

You were wrong last year and the year before.

What makes you so sure you are correct this time?

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Only if projected expenses in the next year's budgets have stayed the same without a compensating increase in turnover.

You were wrong last year and the year before.

What makes you so sure you are correct this time?

For all our issues, this may be my favourite comment on BAWA ever 😂

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Motherwell I read today had the third lowest wage bill in the league last season, and have FIFTEEN times more profit than us...
Not troubling you say?
Seems to this observer Motherwell as an example, are run FIFTEEN times better than us.

Post that link, article/image/stats here just to disprove any of those doubters you may have!

Although I think they'd probably be able to analyse the data to show Saints are not all bad - and had good/solid reason for that discrepancy, 

Such as... Motherwell have not just been promoted and haven't gone through the same flurry of turmoil that Saints have recently enjoyed.

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
45 minutes ago, antrin said:
Although I think they'd probably be able to analyse the data to show Saints are not all bad - and had good/solid reason for that discrepancy, 

Such as... Motherwell have not just been promoted and haven't gone through the same flurry of turmoil that Saints have recently enjoyed.

Like I said FIFTEEN times better run lol

Were 2 cup finals the previous season and selling a few players not something to do with their profits  ? 

58 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Motherwell I read today had the third lowest wage bill in the league last season, and have FIFTEEN times more profit than us...
Not troubling you say?
Seems to this observer Motherwell as an example, are run FIFTEEN times better than us.

I'm not sure if that's the same report I read, if it was we had the second lowest wage in the league with only Livi below us......Hamilton were fourth lowest although I think in each case it was the average weekly wage as opposed to total wage bill.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:43 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Massive pressure to sell players now in an attempt to balance those books.

REALLY - Thought you said that GLS had bankrupted us and we'd do a Sevco??????? Noticed above you still use that kind of ridiculous rant.

We spent within our means to do so - despite managerial chaos AND still ended the year in profit AND achieved our main objective - to retain Top League status..

AYE but according to you that's nothing compared to so many negatives . . .

Where is the pressure to sell players and who would fetch much ?  PS the books already balanced out in PROFIT !!!!     :magic

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not troubling you say?

The Motherwell published accounts are from January 2019 and take account the two cup final runs from the previous year. A clear anomaly in a club of their sizes history. Ridiculous and clearly ignorant attempt to belittle the club you "support" yet again.Also completely ignoring the seven SP clubs we performed better than. 

Motherwell previous year accounts bottom-line (every year we have made a profit) 

2017 - Loss of £181,000

2016 - Loss of £1.3 million

2015 - loss of £1 million

This also doesn't consider the outstanding loans they had. Care to calculate the running of the clubs based on a bigger picture? 

Edited by bazil85

21 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not sure if that's the same report I read, if it was we had the second lowest wage in the league with only Livi below us......Hamilton were fourth lowest although I think in each case it was the average weekly wage as opposed to total wage bill.

He does not let facts get in the way of creative drama !  :holiday

Motherwell were recorded as third lowest last season, one of the few things LPM has actually gotten right on here. They finished eighth, so a slightly better season than they were potentially expecting. It's not doubt their increased profits were largely down to cup runs though. Their released accounts even highlight it. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Two cup finals eh?
That probably makes them FIFTY times better run then on those wages. Lol

St Mirren 100% better run than Livi

Twice better run than St Johnstone

Three times better run than Killie

Five times better run than Dundee

Six times better run than Hamilton

60 times better run than Aberdeen

134 times better run than Sevco.

Have I got your rationale and calculations right there? Fair number of teams in world football in the Sevco territory by your guidance lol... Imagine taking pleasure in making up negativity nonsense regarding the team you “support”