Accounts to Year Ended May 31st 2019

div

Positive to see profit made, and positive to see we are still a debt free club.

Long term concerns me though - we’ve been riding on the transfer fees of selling youth for a while and we can’t always rely on that. With a fee spent on McAllister and the compensation wasted on sacking a decent manager in Kearney, I feel we already destined ourselves to be making a loss come the next accounts. I hope to f**k I’m wrong though.

Long term concerns me though - we’ve been riding on the transfer fees of selling youth for a while and we can’t always rely on that. With a fee spent on McAllister and the compensation wasted on sacking a decent manager in Kearney, I feel we already destined ourselves to be making a loss come the next accounts. I hope to f**k I’m wrong though.
Come, come now... Baz and his Baz-Ztards almost insist we got McAllister for nowt, and that Oran PAID us to release him..lol

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Motherwell I read today had the third lowest wage bill in the league last season, and have FIFTEEN times more profit than us...
Not troubling you say?
Seems to this observer Motherwell as an example, are run FIFTEEN times better than us.

Motherwell are in debt to the tune of £1.9m to L. Hutchison and Boyle and are servicing those debts at about £145k every year,

They also made a £180k loss last year and as far as I know have been racking up losses pretty much every year I've looked at going backwards..

I think they made just over £1m on player sales this season as well so can't guarantee that will continue.

You've picked a very odd hill to die on here bud.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'm not so sure. We have a significantly smaller squad than last season.

If I recall rightly we're due one more payment for McGinn and we have some OF Euro money to come as well.

I think we'll be OK barring a disaster such as relegation.

Motherwell are in debt to the tune of £1.9m to L. Hutchison and Boyle and are servicing those debts at about £145k every year,
They also made a £180k loss last year and as far as I know have been racking up losses pretty much every year I've looked at going backwards..
I think they made just over £1m on player sales this season as well so can't guarantee that will continue.
So they lost a lot less than us... thank you another poster for making my point for me.... bud

56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, delpierro said:
Considering the debacle surrounding the merry-go-round of managers, viz-a-viz compo, to be in the black is reasonable.

Iran, Kellerman, Heaton etc arent included in those accounts. That hit was after.

Those three will have cost little or nothing in compensation.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:
7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So they lost a lot less than us... thank you another poster for making my point for me.... bud

Do you think I enjoy spending my time discussing things with idiots?

I can't think of any other reason why you';d respond like that to those figures.

Guest TPAFKATS
Come, come now... Baz and his Baz-Ztards almost insist we got McAllister for nowt, and that Oran PAID us to release him..lol
You're having an absolute 'mare on this thread.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not so sure. We have a significantly smaller squad than last season.

If I recall rightly we're due one more payment for McGinn and we have some OF Euro money to come as well.

I think we'll be OK barring a disaster such as relegation.

I was under the impression that Div’s explanation of the accounts meant that the original McGinn money was accounted for. Unless you are meaning the 330K from the promotion bonus, in which case I’m not going to lie, I forgot about that part after reading it 😂

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

- never said we got McAllister for nothing. I said I doubt we paid more for him than any player in decades, which I believed was one of your (baseless) claims.

- Oran was mutual consent, not likely a significant amount of money to put us at a loss next year. 

You've been wrong in predicting a loss for at least three years in a row. Let’s hope others continue this trend next year. 

Those three will have cost little or nothing in compensation.
Yeah I bet they just said "dont worry about the years wages you are legally bound to pay me, me and the family will just top up down the foodbank" lol....
Ffs for someone who continually tells us how intelligent he is, you sure know how to keep making a tit of yourself in the face of fact.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's so lucky we have the "Magic Meatball Money Tree" that apparently never, ever stops bearing fruit!

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah I bet they just said "dont worry about the years wages you are legally bound to pay me, me and the family will just top up down the foodbank" lol....
Ffs for someone who continually tells us how intelligent he is, you sure know how to keep making a tit of yourself in the face of fact.

People pointing out the additional payment we have gotten for McGinn isn't saying it will never end, you don't half like to spin to arrive at negative perspectives. 

The cost for those contracts in comparison to what we had to shift over the 12 months the accounts relate to, won't be nearly as much. Very likely offset already by said McGinn income anyway. 

We're in a better position than most of our SP rivals and you hate it. 🤣

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Then stop with the wittering pish and simply show us the facts.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What? Facts like players/managers under contract for another year tend to want their contract paying up in full?
That kind of a fact?

No. That would be what we call an assumption. The very fact that you used the phrase "tend to want" should have told you that. Also, what people want is not necessarily what they get. I want a night with Jennifer Aniston but I'm not likely to get it.

A fact would be a copy of the written agreement which specified exactly what those players had agreed to receive or some other actual proof of the numbers involved.

Do you have anything like that to hand?

Edited by oaksoft

No. That would be what we call an assumption. The very fact that you used the phrase "tend to want" should have told you that. Also, what people want is not necessarily what they get. I want a night with Jennifer Aniston but I'm not likely to get it.
A fact would be a copy of the written agreement which specified exactly what those players had agreed to receive or some other actual proof of the numbers involved.
Do you have anything like that to hand?
So you think they may have signed a contract that meant the club could terminate them, and not pay up their contract?
Ffs you're making an arse of yourself defending piss poor posts lol

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you think they may have signed a contract that meant the club could terminate them, and not pay up their contract?
Ffs you're making an arse of yourself defending piss poor posts lol

I see you've moved into full blown arsehole mode so I'll leave you to it.