Sign in to follow this  
div

Accounts to Year Ended May 31st 2019

Those three will have cost little or nothing in compensation.
Yeah I bet they just said "dont worry about the years wages you are legally bound to pay me, me and the family will just top up down the foodbank" lol....
Ffs for someone who continually tells us how intelligent he is, you sure know how to keep making a tit of yourself in the face of fact.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's so lucky we have the "Magic Meatball Money Tree" that apparently never, ever stops bearing fruit!

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah I bet they just said "dont worry about the years wages you are legally bound to pay me, me and the family will just top up down the foodbank" lol....
Ffs for someone who continually tells us how intelligent he is, you sure know how to keep making a tit of yourself in the face of fact.

People pointing out the additional payment we have gotten for McGinn isn't saying it will never end, you don't half like to spin to arrive at negative perspectives. 

The cost for those contracts in comparison to what we had to shift over the 12 months the accounts relate to, won't be nearly as much. Very likely offset already by said McGinn income anyway. 

We're in a better position than most of our SP rivals and you hate it. 🤣

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Then stop with the wittering pish and simply show us the facts.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What? Facts like players/managers under contract for another year tend to want their contract paying up in full?
That kind of a fact?

No. That would be what we call an assumption. The very fact that you used the phrase "tend to want" should have told you that. Also, what people want is not necessarily what they get. I want a night with Jennifer Aniston but I'm not likely to get it.

A fact would be a copy of the written agreement which specified exactly what those players had agreed to receive or some other actual proof of the numbers involved.

Do you have anything like that to hand?

Edited by oaksoft

No. That would be what we call an assumption. The very fact that you used the phrase "tend to want" should have told you that. Also, what people want is not necessarily what they get. I want a night with Jennifer Aniston but I'm not likely to get it.
A fact would be a copy of the written agreement which specified exactly what those players had agreed to receive or some other actual proof of the numbers involved.
Do you have anything like that to hand?
So you think they may have signed a contract that meant the club could terminate them, and not pay up their contract?
Ffs you're making an arse of yourself defending piss poor posts lol

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you think they may have signed a contract that meant the club could terminate them, and not pay up their contract?

I see you've moved into full blown arsehole mode so I'll leave you to it.

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You’ve shown countless times you don’t understand the points you’re making. The club isn’t in as weak a position as you think.

If a player wants the contract paid up in full, technically the club can stop the player playing for any other club for the duration of the contract (same for managers taking other jobs). Generally there’s negotiation and compromise from both sides. ‘We’ll pay X amount & you’re free to play football elsewhere’ 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:55 AM, bazil85 said:

You’ve shown countless times you don’t understand the points you’re making. The club isn’t in as weak a position as you think.

If a player wants the contract paid up in full, technically the club can stop the player playing for any other club for the duration of the contract (same for managers taking other jobs). Generally there’s negotiation and compromise from both sides. ‘We’ll pay X amount & you’re free to play football elsewhere’ 

You are making the mistake of thinking reasonable logic will sway his negative ramblings. He does not read other peoples arguments and take anything in. Instead he either continues on the same lines or takes a tangent once he is shown to be a clown...

But thanks anyway - it is entertaining showing him up . . .  :cheers

These accounts tell you very little.

What we should be asking is things like ,total agents fees paid out ,total Directors expenses, 4 largest suppliers names and amount paid etc 

We need detail to understand how the clubs costs are made up apart from players wages.

Is hospitality income up or down,ditto club 1877 ,these things tell us more than the accounts required by law.

16 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

What we should be asking is things like ,total agents fees paid out ,total Directors expenses, 4 largest suppliers names and amount paid etc 

We need detail to understand how the clubs costs are made up apart from players wages.

Is hospitality income up or down,ditto club 1877 ,these things tell us more than the accounts required by law.

Only my opinion but you are making reasonable points - The accounts  tell us the important stuff that the law requires - like we ended in profit rather than racking up debts and are a going concern etc.  These are legal requirements for a reason.  No business runs without some "mistakes or unwise spending" but it is the level of this that always needs to be monitored. (learning from mistakes is what directors need to do to improve the business going forward)

Overall it looks like the directors are backing the management team as much as they can but still managing to stay debt free - most of us would think that this is giving our management team and our football team the best that they could reasonably ask for though. Okay, you can argue that they made a bad appointment in Stubbs and that cost the club etc. , but any manager or player could turn out as a bad deal - we can demand perfection, but no football club manages that...

IF we were coining it in a lot more money, there could be the case for squirrelling some away for projects or recovery if we sacked a manager or were heading towards relegation etc.

If previous accounts are anything to go by under GLS:-

1. There will be no agent fees 

2. Director expenses, considering none other than our chief exec. take any wages, should be a reasonable sum as well.

The items you ask about like hospitality income etc.  I suspect the club would be happy to let fans know about - likely though that they are in the same ballpark as last year. I doubt the BOD are hiding terrible information from us though...

You can ask these things. Is that not the point of a AGM.