Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Motherwell, Wed 4th Dec

26 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Precisely. MacKenzie’s injury record alone should have been enough to say we need to keep Bairdy here.

Not entirely sure how Jack took the news either. When two of your centre backs are getting on, and the other is a loanee, then you know long term that Baird is the only one who could still be here 3 years down the line. Considering his frequent appearances for us in recent years, this was a sure fire way to piss him off. At no point have I understood or agreed with this loan deal.

Get him back in January ffs.

To be honest the abuse Baird got on here, and at games according to a few I know who attend, would suggest he would have been happy to get away fro the usual moaning faced cnuts.

Now he's the saviour?

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Paul McGinn could get a game at other bottom 6 clubs, Sam Foley is fine, Ryan Flynn has been good at this level in 2019. Kyle Magennis looked good last season when he was fit. 

At the minute I would say Goodwin isn't getting as much out of players like Hladky, the McGinns, MacKenzie, Mullen, Flynn, McAllister as Mr Part-Time-Mentality-Oran Kearney got out of the same players last season.

6 months on from Oran's dismissal it is looking as if GLS's gamble might backfire or we may need to blow this season's John McGinn money on the January window. Whether people rated Kearney as a manager is irrelevant - our signings in January nearly all worked out well last season and improved on what we had or added a bit of squad depth.

We would have loved Kearney to stay

But HE made his mind up where he would be the following season

Other things are more important

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

To be honest the abuse Baird got on here, and at games according to a few I know who attend, would suggest he would have been happy to get away fro the usual moaning faced cnuts.

Now he's the saviour?

Depends if he ever bothered to browse fan related pages. I know if I was a player I wouldn’t bother as football fans are whiny bastards.

I wouldn’t say he’s the saviour - what I’m saying is we shouldn’t have let him go out on loan when we had a grand total of 5 defenders left upon his exit.

Bottom line... the hard truth that quite a few choose to ignore, or even worse dispute... is that we are a very poorly run club!
Over three years since BtB and not one single new revenue stream has been created to bring funds into the club.
The current board have got by on transfer income from players signed & developed by the previous regime.
Kyle Magennis falls into that bracket too, but his stock will fall in an underwhelming team like ours.
This board are on their FIFTH manager in three years and that could soon be six..!

Isnt that the most telling fact that they cant get THEIR job right, so why should we, or they expect the people recruited by them to be any better?

It's a bit harder to achieve at a smaller club like ours given employee numbers, but their needs to be a clean line in responsibilities between the board and the team management. Having the chairman deciding who we are going to spaff money on because he doesn't trust who he has employed is madness, and repeating the same flawed process time after time.

And employing your mate to agree with you just sums up how little you know in running an effective organisation. Feck me how many years now have fans suffered a piss poor ticketing system?
Wouldn't you think that would have been a priority to sort to keep the tills ringing?
Nope.. more effort goes into selling out to sectarianism because that's easy, and it's a "Society Issue"...
Goody will be in an impossible position come the end of the month with some of his better (dont laugh) players moving on, and being stuck with the ones he knows aren't up to it.
Is it possible the likes of Oran might have wanted to take the Hladky money Qarabag were offering and invest it in 3 or 4 decent players?
You know like one of those £5 -£10k a week guaranteed goalscorers?
Instead we will likely be relegated, and Hladky will walk for nowt, or maybe a pittance in January.
We are a poorly run club...
What you are seeing on the pitch is the evidence of just how poorly run we are.

Some meltdown on here tonight - yes it was truly dreadful from us in this one game (Other than the Hearts game, that makes two games where we have been this awful).

The CB leaving play was a disaster precisely as we had a rotten plan B there with Paul moving central. Add into that, that yet again we allowed Well to completely dominate the midfield especially and all over the park in general.

Waters is no where near good enough (some pass for their 3rd - "schoolboy error" comes to mind). He adds nothing in attack or in defence - send him back to Killie ASAP Erhahon is better, but not the long term answer either.

Sign Popescu and Muzek types and our slow style with next to no movement needs to go in the bin... Then some fit creative midfielders and strikers - do a buy one get one free from our squad on the way out too ! (Thought I 'd join in on the meltdown here)

At least 4 out in January and more than two in or we are in serious trouble !!!

Squad far too weak - 3 guys out and we are worse than ordinary.

Worry is if we can be so bullied, what might the Hammer throwers do to us next. Hard to see how we will win that one - but all other results would be disastrous !

Truth is there are other rubbish teams in the mix. RC won tonight but we beat them, Accies are dire but fight like hell for anything, Livi, no great players but work hard to close things down, the Fakes, worse defensively than us (we also beat them recently)… At the moment its any 1 or 2 from 5. We need to kick on starting in our next match...

On 12/2/2019 at 4:09 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Watching the highlights of Well against the Fakes made me a bit scared. Hylton and Cole look way better than our strike-force and they have Hartley and Gallagher who are a big threat at set pieces too. The lad Scott looks fast and decent too. Then they bring on a late sub Mazinga and he hits his shot into the net rather than straight at the keeper or over the bar like ours regularly do.

Then you also have to consider they scored 4 against the leagues worst defence - generally ours is a bit better. (except for the Hearts game)

The point I am making is that they are pretty good at scoring goals and in the air in both boxes....

So for a good result - our defending from front to back will have to be very good, and we will have to hit their net, probably with shots rather than headers etc. (wait and see Maclouchlin prove me wrong)

Much as a point would be a decent one, 3 would give us a huge boost in morale and league position too...

Saints   2  v 1   Well  

If I could see that, why did our management not ? And if they did, they failed on both accounts.

Need for urgency and win at all costs mindset or we are in peril

Guest TPAFKATS
Some meltdown on here tonight - yes it was truly dreadful from us in this one game (Other than the Hearts game, that makes two games where we have been this awful).
The CB leaving play was a disaster precisely as we had a rotten plan B there with Paul moving central. Add into that, that yet again we allowed Well to completely dominate the midfield especially and all over the park in general.
Waters is no where near good enough (some pass for their 3rd - "schoolboy error" comes to mind). He adds nothing in attack or in defence - send him back to Killie ASAP Erhahon is better, but not the long term answer either.
Sign Popescu and Muzek types and our slow style with next to no movement needs to go in the bin... Then some fit creative midfielders and strikers - do a buy one get one free from our squad on the way out too ! (Thought I 'd join in on the meltdown here)
Worry is if we can be so bullied, what might the Hammer throwers do to us next. Hard to see how we will win that one - but all other results would be disastrous !
Truth is there are other rubbish teams in the mix. RC won tonight but we beat them, Accies are dire but fight like hell for anything, Livi, no great players but work hard to close things down, the Fakes, worse defensively than us (we also beat them recently)… At the moment its any 1 or 2 from 5. We need to kick on starting in our next match...
While I don't dispute we need to get a left back in he wasn't at fault for the 3rd goal. He passed the ball go our captain who chose to dummy it and it ran through to a well player.

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It wasn't a great ball but McGinn could have put his laces through it and either cleared it out or up the park, he dummied it (for a reason only known to himself) and it went straight to the Motherwell midfielder. Waters is definitely struggling but there are others , Magennis and S McGinn in particular, who need to take a good look at themselves with neither the Captain or Vice Captain showing any leadership whatsoever. 

When we arrive home after a performance like that last night our angst, frustration and accusatory comments are rife as seen from the comments above.  However, the following day after we have slept and had time to reflect on the game we....still remain totally pissed off!!!

Anyway, a couple of positives for me were Danny Mullen who gave his all, running back to help the defence and the next moment up front trying to control the punts from the back.  Likewise with Ryan Flynn who always gives us 100%.  OK, little or no impact on goal but given the overall team effort these two guys deserve our support.

JG appears to be very reluctant to admit and rectify mistakes. Changes should've been made at half time if not before.
Spot on with regards to second paragraph

I totally agree with your comment regarding making changes. As soon as it went to 2-0 he should have at least changed the formation, if not the personnel.
I don’t believe Goodwin has an issue admitting mistakes, but he can only piss with the cock he’s got.
If he doesn’t bring in some players in the window we’ll continue to struggle.
An earlier post stated that we’re not aggressive enough, and that’s a very valid point. If we can’t match a team technically then we should be making sure the opposition know they’ve been in a game, it seems to work for Livingston and Hamilton.

18 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

When we arrive home after a performance like that last night our angst, frustration and accusatory comments are rife as seen from the comments above.  However, the following day after we have slept and had time to reflect on the game we....still remain totally pissed off!!!

Anyway, a couple of positives for me were Danny Mullen who gave his all, running back to help the defence and the next moment up front trying to control the punts from the back.  Likewise with Ryan Flynn who always gives us 100%.  OK, little or no impact on goal but given the overall team effort these two guys deserve our support.

Where were you sitting mate :huh: I need to change my seat,  Danny was woeful last night as was Obika,   Andreu was even worse, can't believe that was the same player who came on against Ross County he must have a twin,  only the keeper and young Mcloughlin got pass marks, the rest were no better than dreadful,  We were so bad I even thought the ref was feeling sorry for us, as the frustration was setting in he could easily have dished out a few yellow cards, had this gut feeling he was even going to give us a soft pen {he owes us a few} unfortunately we couldn't get near their box, 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Where were you sitting mate :huh: I need to change my seat,  Danny was woeful last night as was Obika,   Andreu was even worse, can't believe that was the same player who came on against Ross County he must have a twin,  only the keeper and young Mcloughlin got pass marks, the rest were no better than dreadful,  We were so bad I even thought the ref was feeling sorry for us, as the frustration was setting in he could easily have dished out a few yellow cards, had this gut feeling he was even going to give us a soft pen {he owes us a few} unfortunately we couldn't get near their box, 

No need to change you seat, just turn round and face the pitch.  If you read my post I referred to the effort they put in not how successful they were.

Gordon Scott named McAllister as his top signing target in the STV interview a week before Oran left the club. STV interviewed Oran the same day and he didn't list McAllister as a top priority signing (Popescu, Dryer, Muzek were Oran's top targets!).
Popescu has been a massive loss. Dinamo are the 3rd best team in their league since they started playing him in gameweek 7, he's racked up 5 clean sheets already.
He would have been a good investment.

27 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Popescu has been a massive loss. Dinamo are the 3rd best team in their league since they started playing him in gameweek 7, he's racked up 5 clean sheets already.
He would have been a good investment.

We just couldn't come close to affording him. We'd have had to shed several players. Popescu being here would have meant somewhere in the region of £500k having to be found from the budget. For us that's about 7 or 8 players. 

Don't think it's all meltdown tho some are a bit OTT A lot of comments are about the performance on Wed which was awful. No effort or skill. Was men against wee boys. In training Cody Cooke must be terrible cos if he's not any better than the three who play every week well it's time for him to leave. The one player who's form is baffling is Kyle Magennis. Superb player but especially Wed looked disinterested. Has his head been turned by another team. But seems to me the same scenario as John McGinn. Hope I'm wrong cos he's our best player recently. Coys.

Some meltdown on here tonight - yes it was truly dreadful from us in this one game (Other than the Hearts game, that makes two games where we have been this awful). The CB leaving play was a disaster precisely as we had a rotten plan B there with Paul moving central. Add into that, that yet again we allowed Well to completely dominate the midfield especially and all over the park in general.

17 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Shambolic. Obika. Mullen. Andreu. McGinn Magennis. In fact apart from Hladky you could thro the lot Off. Effort .0 Skill 0. Tactics 0. Said in my pre game post that McKenzie playing 4 games in 2 weeks was a car crash waiting to happen. Only took 6mins. Who ever brought in Obika and Andreu Morias should sacked for gross incompetence. Time for things to change cos that team are going down.

30 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Don't think it's all meltdown tho some are a bit OTT A lot of comments are about the performance on Wed which was awful. No effort or skill. Was men against wee boys. In training Cody Cooke must be terrible cos if he's not any better than the three who play every week well it's time for him to leave. The one player who's form is baffling is Kyle Magennis. Superb player but especially Wed looked disinterested. Has his head been turned by another team. But seems to me the same scenario as John McGinn. Hope I'm wrong cos he's our best player recently. Coys.

Classic. 🤣