Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Motherwell, Wed 4th Dec

On 12/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, bazil85 said:

We just couldn't come close to affording him. We'd have had to shed several players. Popescu being here would have meant somewhere in the region of £500k having to be found from the budget. For us that's about 7 or 8 players. 

Kinda undermines your arguments on other threads back in July that our averaage player wage was around £50k - the truth always catches up with you! :toilet 

Bazil85, pants on fire!

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 12/6/2019 at 2:54 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Kinda undermines your arguments on other threads back in July that our averaage player wage was around £50k - the truth always catches up with you! :toilet 

Bazil85, pants on fire!

no it doesn’t, don’t be ridiculous. It was in reference to paying the transfer fee for him which would have came out of our budget 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Nope you used one figure to argue for GLSs 10% of player budget statement (average wage of £50k) in one thread and another to argue against signing Popescu in this one - (£500 being 7/8 players for us ie average age of  £60/70k) - end of story! Baz85 pants on fire!

Compounding one lie with another although I will accept a plea of diminished intelligence! :wacko:

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So neither you or my stalker thinks player transfer/ Loan fees comes out of our budget? 😳😳

Stalking - it was on the current page of the top thread in the forum, it fell into my lap - you have delusions of your importance!  😳😳

It doesn't matter whether it comes out of the transfer budget or not that's irrelevant - you've used one average wage figure for one argument and a different figure for a second argument!   😳😳

So what's it to be - dishonesty or diminished intelligence?   😳😳

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Stalking - it was on the current page of the top thread in the forum, it fell into my lap - you have delusions of your importance!  😳😳

It doesn't matter whether it comes out of the transfer budget or not that's irrelevant - you've used one figure for one argument and another figure for a second argument!   😳😳

So what's it to be - dishonesty or diminished intelligence?   😳😳

‘You OR my stalker’ see if you can at least admit you were wrong on that. Just like you should do on Cammy  

I’m not, what utter nonsense. You’re clearly struggling to understand here. We couldn’t afford Popescu because of the amount of money we’d have to pay to make the deal happen. That would have had to come out of our overarching budget impacting how big our squad is. That’s simple (very simple IMO) fact. Why we pay players doesn’t impact that. 

Yet another fail from you to show me being inconsistent 😁

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

‘You OR my stalker’ see if you can at least admit you were wrong on that. Just like you should do on Cammy  

I’m not, what utter nonsense. You’re clearly struggling to understand here. We couldn’t afford Popescu because of the amount of money we’d have to pay to make the deal happen. That would have had to come out of our overarching budget impacting how big our squad is. That’s simple (very simple IMO) fact. Why we pay players doesn’t impact that. 

Yet another fail from you to show me being inconsistent 😁

I don't know of anyone stalking you, I'm telling how I found the post and that the claim is just another bizarre distraction you've throw into the debate to muddy things up and make yourself sound important.  😁

I'm not arguing we should have signed Popescu - read my post.  😁

You used one figure to argue for GLSs 10% of player budget statement (average wage of £50k) in one thread and another to argue against signing Popescu in this one - (£500 being 7/8 players for us ie average age of  £60/70k).  😁

Dishonest it is then - end of story!  😁

I said CM was not part of our core squad and would only be used as a last resort - I'd say that's correct!  😁

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't know of anyone stalking you, I'm telling how I found the post and that the claim is just another bizarre distraction you've throw into the debate to muddy things up and make yourself sound important.  😁

I'm not arguing we should have signed Popescu - read my post.  😁

You used one figure to argue for GLSs 10% of player budget statement (average wage of £50k) in one thread and another to argue against signing Popescu in this one - (£500 being 7/8 players for us ie average age of  £60/70k).  😁

Dishonest it is then - end of story!  😁

I said CM was not part of our core squad and would only be used as a last resort - I'd say that's correct!  😁

It’s not though, it was regarding someone that’s stalked me for a very long time on here that’s claimed he doesn’t want to engage with me anymore but jumps up in just about any conversation I’m having. You’ve decided to wrongly read too much into it as something relating to you. 

Your next part us straw clutching of the highest order. The six figure income equivalent to 10% increase in player budget, that’s just what it is & ties in nicely to the story that documented our average player wage. 

Us having to pay a big transfer fee for a player is a separate point. Good effort but you again fail 👍

Cammy is part of our first team squad. He’s been shown to be back up to a number of positions. Back up players are part of a squad. Not man enough to admit you were wrong. Very clear. 

Fair enough on the stalker issue, it's still irrelevant to the issue, just another distraction...

10% of player budget - you said our average player wage was £50k. 👍

Couldn't afford Popescu - you said our average player wage was 60/70k 👍

Both of these statements can't be true - you've failed to address this point just throw up any number of distractions.....👍

Baz85 pants on fire.👍

I said CM was a development player who would only be used as a last resort - are you man enough to admit you're wrong? 👍

Edited by Bud the Baker

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fair enough on the stalker issue...…..

10% of player budget - you said our average player wage was £50k.

Couldn't afford Popescu - you said our average player wage was 60/70k

Both of these statements can't be true.

Baz85 pants on fire..

I said CM was a development player who would only be used as a last resort - are you man enough to admit you're wrong?

We couldn’t afford Popescu’s fee to sign, I assume we could afford his wages. Is this genuinely difficult for you to grasp? 

As for our average, I was simply quoting an article. Is the article 100% accurate? No idea. Will we have a range of salaries? I imagine so & imagine Popescu if he had signed, would be higher end. I’m not making a statement of fact on that. Like I say, straw clutching. 

Also where did I say £60/£70k average? Don’t remember this  

Edited by bazil85

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We couldn’t afford Popescu’s fee to sign, I assume we could afford his wages. Is this genuinely difficult for you to grasp? 

As for our average, I was simply quoting an article. Is the article 100% accurate? No idea. Will we have a range of salaries? I imagine so & imagine Popescu if he had signed, would be higher end. I’m not making a statement of fact on that. Like I say, straw clutching. 

Also where did I say £60/£70k average? Don’t remember this  

It's taken you 5 posts to notice this...:wacko:

On the last page you said

Popescu being here would have meant somewhere in the region of £500k having to be found from the budget. For us that's about 7 or 8 players. 

That's an average wage of £60/70k. 👍

Like I said it different from the figure you were using on the 10% of player budget issue and more in line with what you would assume from the club's accounts 👍

Dishonest or dumb? 👍

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Like I said it different from the figure you were using on the 10% of player budget issue and more in line with what you would assume from the club's accounts 👍

Dishonest or dumb? 👍

I want to buy you a pint! This is beautiful! You have him like a fish being reeled in... flipping for his life! It is beautiful to observe from the shore... as a stalker, of course!

I have the priest handy!!!!

10 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Dishonest or dumb? 👍

Are you genuinely being serious? Surely not 😂

I was referring to the rumored fee Stories were coming out between £300k & £500k to sign the player. The players basic wage will only be part of the overarching package, bonus, sign-on fees etc. Imagine being so pedantic regarding a rough number of players it would cost us in our squad. 😂 The desperation is real.

Edited by bazil85

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I want to buy you a pint! This is beautiful! You have him like a fish being reeled in... flipping for his life! It is beautiful to observe from the shore... as a stalker, of course!

I have the priest handy!!!!

We know you both wish this was true but it simply isn't, it's pedantic behaviour from BTB, something you have been oh so guilty of in the past. 

Edited by bazil85

Wasn’t at the game but as soon as I seen Foley was missing i feared the worst. Last 4 games:

Ross Co at home S McGinn on the bench = win

Hibs at home S McGinn starting = loss.

Aberdeen away S McGinn starting = loss.

Motherwell home S McGinn starting = loss.

What a remarkable coincidence. #CaptainFantastic

You supporting st Mirren=never !!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Caught and shown up.
So funny flipper.
Flip. Flip. Flip.

You're desperate for it to be true, as always, not the case and fully consistent from me. Welcome back though, must be a personal record for you not communicating with me. Rattling. 🤣