Pounds for points for foodbank.

Sonny

Div posted a tweet that B&WARMY would donate £25 to Renfrewshire foodbank for each point gained from the Motherwell, Hamilton Livi and Fakes games before the break. He hoped to raise £300.

However other kind hearted Buds have offered to chip in an amount per point ranging from £1 to £20 to help low income families at this particularly expensive time of year.

If anyone else would like to consider chipping in something then go to the Home Page for more info.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

"moral pressure"?

Really?

Aye... I kinda think so.

If they share the Buddies morality, then they'll now be under pressure to gain as many points as possible.  I could perhaps have chosen other words but  imagine that LJB scenario above.

How a player might feel at his ineptitude missing (another) sitter thus depriving deserving people of some succour at Xmas. 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Aye... I kinda think so.

If they share the Buddies morality, then they'll now be under pressure to gain as many points as possible.  I could perhaps have chosen other words but  imagine that LJB scenario above.

How a player might feel at his ineptitude missing (another) sitter thus depriving deserving people of some succour at Xmas. 

1) What makes you think it's a "morality" issue?

2) What makes you think it's a good idea for our players (who are already struggling for confidence) to be playing under even more pressure? You reckon that will work?

3) Deserving people?

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

2) What makes you think it's a good idea for our players (who are already struggling for confidence) to be playing under even more pressure? You reckon that will work?

3) Deserving people?

Sigh.

1.  I wholly accept that you see no moral impulse behind those who chose to help out others. So I simply can't explain to you why I should think it is a moral issue.

2.  The thrust of my first post on this subject was precisely that pressure on goal-scorers might increase - so why would I be reckoning this was a 'good idea' or that putting them 'under pressure' might be a good idea?  How could you extract the OPPOSITE impression from that reality?

3. Any people suffering and struggling due to this governments policies is deserving of help and respect.  You're welcome to continue believing the opposite - I'm not surprised by your pretend puzzlement.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

"moral pressure"?

Really?

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

3) Deserving people?

Great examples of oaky demonstrating just how true his signature is.

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Twat.

Whilst his sanctimonious point may have been well intended, the simple truth is that this initiative will have encouraged a number of people who wouldn't ordinarily have donated to make a contribution.

How can that be wrong?

Exactly. What a tool. That’s a bit like saying, why bother having charity events? Why not just give your money.? Completely missing the point. 

Div initially did not ask anyone for anything. He intended to donate £300 if we got 12 points from 4 games. After 1 game he has donated the whole £300 regardless of results.

Others thought it was a good idea and started offering donations without being asked. It was only when there were so many contributers that Div organised a payment system to gather the money and asked if anyone else wanted to get on board.

Many have committed to a payment regardless of points gained. After 1 defeat the foodbank has already received nearly £2000 in donations.

No-one is playing God but many are responding to the angel within us all.