Pounds for points for foodbank.

Sonny

Div initially did not ask anyone for anything. He intended to donate £300 if we got 12 points from 4 games. After 1 game he has donated the whole £300 regardless of results.

Others thought it was a good idea and started offering donations without being asked. It was only when there were so many contributers that Div organised a payment system to gather the money and asked if anyone else wanted to get on board.

Many have committed to a payment regardless of points gained. After 1 defeat the foodbank has already received nearly £2000 in donations.

No-one is playing God but many are responding to the angel within us all.
Absolutely. It's just about helping people who deserve a wee bit of help. Doing it this way gives the food bank a bit of publicity too. Which hopefully makes folk unconnected with our team aware of it too

On 12/6/2019 at 12:08 AM, BuddieinEK said:

Twat.

Whilst his sanctimonious point may have been well intended, the simple truth is that this initiative will have encouraged a number of people who wouldn't ordinarily have donated to make a contribution.

How can that be wrong?

This sort of thing infuriates people.

Div does something off the cuff to help people and fair play to him. It's a very nice gesture and I'm sure it'll help quite a number of people out. No problem here.

THEN an endless heap of arseholes jump in trying to guilt others into joining him. It's one thing to say "if you want to help out here's a link" but it's an entirely different matter when crusaders try and frame it as some kind of "moral issue", complain about how "ah dinnae see any players on that list" and then this guy you've highlighted above. f**k all of that type IMO.

After 1 defeat £2000 has already been donated through Div's initiative.

And this idea has been talked about on the radio with other Clubs potentially considering it for their own local foodbanks.

Edited by Sonny

There always someone looking for a negative angle on things.

i genuinely made a bit of a fun post on Monday challenging the team with the hope of raising a few quid for the FoodBank.

Ive done this before with goals meaning donations to the NorthBank.

The donation was made on behalf of the website, not me personally. The site raises a wee bit every month through advertising and this is me giving back.

I didn’t ask anyone else to join in, but it completely blew up and before we knew it 500 had joined in and pledged.

After getting spanked on Weds night with the wind taken out our sails a wee bit I opted to just go ahead and open the donations page early.

A few days on and £2K already guaranteed in donations.

Im proud of that, and desperately hope we get thousands more.

I’ve spoken to Ian today as I’ve been very surprised by some of the stuff that’s been written about this. 

He’s someone I know well and I’ve always found him to be a really nice bloke so I’m not entirely sure where this has all come from tbh!

Hopefully I’ve clarified things with him and put his mind at ease. This was never supposed to be anything but a positive but you know, negativity is never far away.

3 hours ago, div said:

There always someone looking for a negative angle on things.

i genuinely made a bit of a fun post on Monday challenging the team with the hope of raising a few quid for the FoodBank.

Ive done this before with goals meaning donations to the NorthBank.

The donation was made on behalf of the website, not me personally. The site raises a wee bit every month through advertising and this is me giving back.

I didn’t ask anyone else to join in, but it completely blew up and before we knew it 500 had joined in and pledged.

After getting spanked on Weds night with the wind taken out our sails a wee bit I opted to just go ahead and open the donations page early.

A few days on and £2K already guaranteed in donations.

Im proud of that, and desperately hope we get thousands more.

I’ve spoken to Ian today as I’ve been very surprised by some of the stuff that’s been written about this. 

He’s someone I know well and I’ve always found him to be a really nice bloke so I’m not entirely sure where this has all come from tbh!

Hopefully I’ve clarified things with him and put his mind at ease. This was never supposed to be anything but a positive but you know, negativity is never far away.

It's come from alcohol. This sort of incoherent rant of his always does follow a heavy session.

On the subject of foodbanks, I saw this on Twitter. I suppose you could use any local supermarket which offers home delivery.

The details are...

Main food donations drop-off centre

ADDRESS

Unit 12
80 Abercorn Street
Paisley
PA3 4AT

0300 102 2500

OPENING TIMES
Mon 10:00 - 12:00
Tue Closed
Wed Closed
Thu 17:00 - 19:00
Fri 10:00 - 12:00
Sat Closed
Sun

Closed

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond grateful to everyone who first of all pledged to join in and then dug deep to donate, especially just three days before Christmas.

We've got a truly amazing group of supporters, who all have the right values and right priorities.

The 5 point tally gave us a pledge total of £13240 and as you can see we've already smashed it. JustGiving is showing £13464 donated already.

Quite incredible.

Donations continue to come in. Totally overwhelmed!

THANK YOU!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/12pointsofchristmas

justgiving-2212.JPG

On 12/7/2019 at 10:48 AM, Doakes said:

Charity is such a weird topic

Someone doesn't give to charity - "what a selfish arsehole"

Someone gives to charity "they are doing it the wrong way" 

You cannot win :lol: 

At least the recipients of the Charitable giving receive the help intended. A great initiative that sprouted wings and flew. Well done Div and all who have contributed. A number of people's christmases will be brighter as a result.