Sean McLoughlin

pod

41 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Liked Goody's final quote... "when the summer window closed we were already looking at January"
Feckin says it all about another Summer of Botch!

Have to wonder why someone so negative about the team he "supports" even bothers. Twists anything he can into a negative, what a sad outlook.

Can only imagine the torment if we continue to progress under GLS as we have done every single year since his first as chairman.  

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Liked Goody's final quote... "when the summer window closed we were already looking at January".

Seem perfectly reasonable to me, in Jack Ross's post match interview after clinching the Championship against Livi a coupla seasons ago he was asked when the planning for next season would begin = his answer was "last month"...

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Liked Goody's final quote... "when the summer window closed we were already looking at January"
Feckin says it all about another Summer of Botch!

That’s pretty desperate.

of course we are always planning ahead, it’s the nature of where clubs our size are. For example, we have three centre backs at the club at present; one is 35, the other 34 and the third on loan until Jan. I’d fully expect the club to be working up a list of options for Jan or the summer, scouting them, etc.

Seem perfectly reasonable to me, in Jack Ross's post match interview after clinching the Championship against Livi a coupla seasons ago he was asked when the planning for next season would begin = his answer was "last month"...
Quite a difference in timescales there, added to the fact some on here insist our summer recruitment campaign was a carefully crafted success, rather than the mad panic to field a side at Easter road with four debutants!

That’s pretty desperate.
of course we are always planning ahead, it’s the nature of where clubs our size are. For example, we have three centre backs at the club at present; one is 35, the other 34 and the third on loan until Jan. I’d fully expect the club to be working up a list of options for Jan or the summer, scouting them, etc.

Just read that post back to yourself and ask again "was that good planning?"

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Quite a difference in timescales there, added to the fact some on here insist our summer recruitment campaign was a carefully crafted success, rather than the mad panic to field a side at Easter road with four debutants!

That's why I dropped the line "Feckin says it all about another Summer of Botch!" from your quote - regardless of how JG felt about the summer's transfer dealings I'd expect him be professional when commenting on it.

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, aldo_j said:
That’s pretty desperate.

Just read that post back to yourself and ask again "was that good planning?"

As I said, it’s the nature of the beast for a club our size. Loans, one year contracts, etc...pretty standard. 

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

As I said, it’s the nature of the beast for a club our size. Loans, one year contracts, etc...pretty standard. 

I'd say that it was excellent planning, given that McLoughlin and Waters not on season long loans and we may require replacements in January.

That’s pretty desperate.

Like I said... is that good planning?

Guest TPAFKATS
Unfortunately Ross was signing up lower championship level players though [emoji1]

Sean has really improved over the season with us. He was a bit raw to begin with, but he struts the ground well and has a very good all round game.

Given he is managing to stay fit (Hope that is not a commentators curse), he is the only CB who has been available in every game - with his ability too that is two bonuses.

For him to keep playing every match, I think he needs to stay with us as he is unlikely to walk straight into the Hull team...

Think we need Baird back also - we cannot risk being thin at the finish line and he is a better player than many realise... 

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, munoz said:

With Hull having 4 c/h I don't think they will need him back unless they now think he is better than what they have.

My worry is with him playing well for us, he could end up at loan with an other club in our league that could pay more of his wages. 

Hearts could certainly used him. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

With Hull having 4 c/h I don't think they will need him back unless they now think he is better than what they have.

My worry is with him playing well for us, he could end up at loan with an other club in our league that could pay more of his wages. 

Hearts could certainly used him. 

Given that we secured him in the first place which was down to JG friendship with the Hull management,  I couldn't see him going to another Scottish team. Perhaps another English team, but its evident that he's improved week on week in his time here so the loan deal has a total success to date. 

Fingers crossed he stays.