Sean McLoughlin

pod

6 hours ago, munoz said:

Given that we secured him in the first place which was down to JG friendship with the Hull management,  I couldn't see him going to another Scottish team. Perhaps another English team, but its evident that he's improved week on week in his time here so the loan deal has a total success to date. 

Fingers crossed he stays.

Looks like he is away. Certainly played well for us. Best of luck to him. 

Pity, possibly our best signing is a loan player.

What a contrast in approach to maintaining a reliable first team squad.
Hull recall Sean, but have AFAIK four other centre backs. Their manager looking at the second half run in and got Sean out to us for a good bit of development and ready for his chance.
We on the other hand ship out Baird, and seemingly rely on ageing or perineally crocked Broadfoot Big Mac, S McGinn and McAllister..
That really is piss poor recruitment and foresight.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hull recall Sean, but have AFAIK four other centre backs. Their manager looking at the second half run in and got Sean out to us for a good bit of development and ready for his chance.
We on the other hand ship out Baird, and seemingly rely on ageing or perineally crocked Broadfoot Big Mac, S McGinn and McAllister..

Shut the f**k up you boring c**t. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

The teams inhabit different worlds financially and in the size of their squads. Jack Baird can, I guess, be recalled. S. McGinn will move on if the press stories are true. Broadfoot is highly experienced and well capable of playing at this level. Sadly, I take your point on both big Gary and McAllister.. Both are injury prone. 

Liked Goody's final quote... "when the summer window closed we were already looking at January"
Feckin says it all about another Summer of Botch!

Surely we should always be preparing for the coming window? Bizarre if we weren’t.

Anyway, looks like we’ve seen the last of Sean.

cf46853b-b614-46e2-bf4f-293033a5a8f9.jpg

Shame but not surprised. He’s a bit too good for us I think. Wish him all the best.

I dont believe for a minute Jim has not factored in the possibility Sean might be recalled to his Parent Club. He has already intimated we need CB cover.

However, some folk would prefer to take the view that we look no further than the next five minutes.

I dont believe for a minute Jim has not factored in the possibility Sean might be recalled to his Parent Club. He has already intimated we need CB cover.
However, some folk would prefer to take the view that we look no further than the next five minutes.

I am not sure what you mean? Sean hasn't been "recalled" he was only on loan till January. So struggling to see where the "factoring in" happens.
If..? You are alluding to my comment quoted above, that was in respect of us having completely failed to have an organised, coherent summer transfer window, despite a DoF whose main responsibility was to ensure we did!
It's called irony! I.e. completely f**king it up, then saying we are already looking at the next window... feck me they had 3 months in the summer and made an arse of it, are we confident they can crack it in one month?

They have every other year, so far.
Hmmm more like the last 2-3 years, and we still brought duffers in then. If our hope is for the board to throw another load of cash at players to compensate for their disastrous summer recruitment, in the hope it keeps us up...?
Well the law of averages dictates it wont work every time. Only question is... will it be this time round?

I am not sure what you mean? Sean hasn't been "recalled" he was only on loan till January. So struggling to see where the "factoring in" happens.
If..? You are alluding to my comment quoted above, that was in respect of us having completely failed to have an organised, coherent summer transfer window, despite a DoF whose main responsibility was to ensure we did!
It's called irony! I.e. completely f**king it up, then saying we are already looking at the next window... feck me they had 3 months in the summer and made an arse of it, are we confident they can crack it in one month?

We had a good window in the summer. As the improved points tally and league position shows.

We had a good window in the summer. As the improved points tally and league position shows.

Good window?
How many starts has our big signing McAllister had? Djorkaeff anybody? An ageing injury prone Broadfoot?
And the fact our first team squad hadn't all trained together before our first league game!
If that's a good window.. feck me!

So.......................not so successful after all then?. :huh:
Aye, we're in a better league position, by a whole point, well done everybody. 

I’m judging the window as a whole, not part of the window.

We are 7 points better off than last season, a huge improvement all round.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I’m judging the window as a whole, not part of the window.

We are 7 points better off than last season, a huge improvement all round.

Points better off mean nothing unless compared to other teams points totals.

We are one point above 11th place.

You're not seriously suggesting if we have more points than last season after the league is over and we're 12th that's an improvement? 🤪